The Fake Moon Landings - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Time for a tread on the hoax of all hoaxes.

A friend of mine is a bit of a nut ... and that's just how I've always looked at them nuts claiming the Apollo Missions were a hoax. I have no idea how we ended up talking about moon landings yesterday but as we got on with it he once again proved himself a nut.

He did, however, show me a photograph (supposedly taken on the surface of the moon) that is optically impossible. I searched the net this morning and found the picture spread all of the net - all bear the same imperfection.

A most interesting portion of the first picture is blown up here.

Take a look at the cross hairs that appear on the picture. These hairs should appear on every lunar picture. If you take a look at the cross hair on the left, this cross hair was placed behind the lunar rover (you can see the lunar rover is in front of the cross hairs). That's simply not possible because the cross hairs are placed between the shutter of the camera and the film which leaves absolutely no room for a lunar rover. How the rover got between the shutter and the film must puzzle most people (meself included) but of course there is a simple explanation: The lunar pictures were edited or faked.

Now if you ask me if the moon landings were a hoax I don’t know what to tell you … but I do know the pictures of it were edited and only modest imagination is necessary to conclude they are fake.

Of course my friend continued with loads of info but most left me lost in translation.
By Liberal
Then, who went to the Moon? :p
Just kidding.
Well, it is interesting.
By Napuljun
hmmmmmm :|

Can't make a conclusion :knife: . Who cares it still destroyed morale in Vietnam. There was a soldier who was listening to the Presiden's' speech: 'One small step in the moon and a huge step for mankind' or something like that and the soldier said ' yeah why don't you make a step out here with me you damn son of a bitch'. So if the Americans wanted to make a good impression of them the thing went back against them.
By Liberal
'One small step in the moon and a huge step for mankind'

One small step for man, and one gigant step for mankind
By Comrade Ogilvy
Are those the official pictures?

Meaning the ones published by NASA?

Yes!
By MB.
That effects is casued by extreme light on black- you can see it here on earth if you've got a SLR with crosshairs. Shoot at some white paper and they'll fade out.

The effect appears more extreme due to the obvisouly entense light on the moon. It's perfectly normal.

To bad people don't know shit about a) the moon landing and b) photography.
By MB.
I'm user Mbjvx on the BABB.

Always there for a little dicusion of stupid Anime Robots :- P
By Lord_Ryan
Seeing how all the landings are on the side we can see it shouldn't be all that hard to prove that we landed there right? Just point a telescope up at where they landed, only I'm not sure how powerful your telescope would need to be to see what they left behind. Should see some metalic reflections even if you can't see the landing site clearly.
By Looter
I really dont think they can fly to the Moon. It is very far away, much further than anyone has ever been, It also involves manoeuvres the likes of which the world has never seen. Does technology go backwards, they cant fly to the Moon now, they cant do anything approaching that. If you were to find a craft on the Moon how would that show that people were on the Moon, the hardest part about flying to the Moon isn't getting good photos. We could ask these people who insist that flying there is so easy, to try it for themselves.
By Yeddi
Who says they can't go to the moon now?!

Probably the reason why they don't go to the moon is because it's so fucking pointless, there is zero reason for going there except to say "We went to the moon" which is exactly why the Americans went.
By MB.
[quote="Looter"]I really dont think they can fly to the Moon. It is very far away[quote]

Wow.. really?

Jesus, you've just shatered my impressions of the Apollo program- since clearly they never took into consideration the fact that the moon is 'very far away'.

How could they over look such an obvious hinderence!?
By Mr. Anderson
Lord_Ryan wrote:Seeing how all the landings are on the side we can see it shouldn't be all that hard to prove that we landed there right? Just point a telescope up at where they landed, only I'm not sure how powerful your telescope would need to be to see what they left behind. Should see some metalic reflections even if you can't see the landing site clearly.

Actually, no, you cannot look. To my knowledge, astronauts need to land on the dark side of the moon to avoid extremely hot temperatures. The moon's year and day are the same, and so the dark side of the moon is always facing away from Earth. Hence, you are unable to see anything.
By MB.
Actaully, some of the landing sites were on the earth-facing side of the moon... but that is not the issue. The issue is using a telescope to see them: that cannot be achieved, as no telescope on earth or otherwise has the resolving power to see a target that big (ie, 5 to 10 meters across).
By Devlar
I sometimes have my doubts about the lunar landing. Since really at the time it was a penis measuring contest between the US and the USSR, and the US had already been beaten to the first man and object into space. Amazing how politics makes things happen ^_^
By Falleen Prince Xizor
Tzar wrote:what does that red circle show?

I can only presume it's there to show how the buggy has been pushed, widening the tire treads, perhaps a camera crew being anal-retentive about angles....
By Looter
With a telescope you cant tell the difference between a robot making a hard landing and a big splat and whatever is supposed to have happened. If you analyse the data on satellite orbitals in Spaceflight you will notice that all manned flights remain very close to Earth, wheras the rest fly at a great variety of orbitals. As for radiation, there seems to be some misconceptions, this radiation does not come from Earth, it comes from the Sun and other stars. The Earths magnetic field protects us from this. but in outer space its open season.
World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]