Why they advertise - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By QatzelOk
During the early 20th Century, the Italian Futurists glorified violence (dying in a car accident is the most beautiful and honorable way to die) in order to condition a new modern man to embrace modern technology, which was frequently violent (cars, planes, bombs, chemicals).

In today's industrial capitalist societies, modern consumers sit back and watch violent television show after violent video game after violent cartoon. We see so many, we are pretty numb to them. And many of these violent programs are brought to you by... car companies and oil companies.

Because they want to condition you to accept the violence of both their products and what has to be done to keep them flowing to you, the consumer.
By Sniperwolfe
What is strange or new about this? I think this has gone on for a very long time, there has always been subliminal advertising...
By QatzelOk
It's not subliminal.

The advertising is there because it is the car companies that want you to accept death and violence as a normal daily occurence.

They NEED this because their products are so violent and deadly.

Dying in a car accident is soooo honorable.
By Dan
Does that mean that all the sex in the media is to condition us to accept perversions like homosexuality?
By Abood
All the sex in the media...

Yeh, I see pr0n on every channel! It's unbearable!

:lol:
By Rodion
I see pr0n on every channel! It's unbearable!

I question your source.
By Abood
'Twas sarcasm. ;)
Last edited by Abood on 04 Jun 2007 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
By Rodion
'Twas your sacrasm I questioned the source of: how do you know there isn't pr0n all over Qatz's cable?
By Abood
Well, I dunno about in Paris, but in general, in the West, pr0n isn't all over TV.

Hell, there isn't even enough pr0n in this world!!
By QatzelOk
Dan, who likes his cars mind you, wrote:Does that mean that all the sex in the media is to condition us to accept perversions like homosexuality?

I stopped watching TV before it was saturated with homosexual lovemaking, Dan.

But I wasn't aware that people like me needed to be conditioned to get hard ons when we see another man.

On the other hand, humans DO need to be conditioned to accept the noise and danger of cars and warfare. Cats run in fear from cars, but you'll never see a cat hide in fear because two men are kissing.

8)

The police attacked the encampment here in Edmonto[…]

VOTE FOR U. !! https://twitter.com/i/status/17[…]

@Tainari88 I don't think @FiveofSwords kno[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]