Pitch your own Movie - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By RhetoricThug
That's right, it's time to plaaaaaaaaaay.......!
Pitch
Your own
Movie

Okay, I really want a movie made about Aldous Huxely.
Starring Steve Buscemi

I can't think of a plot right now. But it's one successful pitch nonetheless
Those photos are of steve at two different ages so how can he play a young Aldous? It's a chronological conundrum.
I've always wanted to make a movie about a retarded half man/half ape creature that attacks towns folk in some backwater. He is eventually captured but his cause is picked up by liberals who make him their poster boy, he goes on to become president of America. The movie ends with America nuking Finland leading to the onset of WW3. The film would be called "Graceful Encounters"
Americanroyalty wrote:Those photos are of steve at two different ages so how can he play a young Aldous? It's a chronological conundrum.

Yeah, I'm trying to show everyone that Steve and Aldous have very similar features even through age. Right now he could play an old Huxely approaching his whimsical Doors of Perception adventure. The film can touch on an acid soaked decade (Huxely did not live to see) while exploring Huxely's philosophy. Maybe the guy behind Edgar Allan Poe's film can handle it, because I enjoyed how they made a movie about Poe and centered a fictional story that borrowed from his writings.
By Decky
The life of Jesus Christ but set in 1970s London with Jason Statham playing Jesus and a selection of other cokney gangster actors playing the disciples and Charles Dance playing Pontius Pilate. It would have a Britsh rock and metal sound track of course.
By Potemkin
I've been thinking of making a movie set in the failed 1905 revolution in Tsarist Russia. The movie will be set on a battleship in the Tsarist Black Sea fleet. The crew mutiny against their oppressive and brutal officers, and seize control of the ship and throw their officers overboard. They sail around the Black Sea, triggering uprisings and revolutions wherever they go, which are viciously repressed by the brutal Tsarist authorities (I have an idea for a spectacular scene involving some steps....), until eventually the battleship is surrounded by the naval forces of the Tsarist autocracy.... will the brave revolutionary sailors be captured, or will they evade the sinister forces of reaction and sail triumphantly through the Tsarist battle fleet in revolutionary fraternity....?

I'm thinking of using some daring avant-garde film techniques, something known as 'montage', which has been used by avant-garde artists. I'm also thinking of following the example of some recent Hollywood successes such as The Artist, and make it in black and white, and with a purely musical soundtrack.....

What? .... What do you mean, it's been done before? .... Eisen-who??!
By Decky
[quote](I have an idea for a spectacular scene involving some steps....)[/quote

I am stealing this idea for a film I will make about a federal agent trying take down Al Capone in prohibition era Chicago. He will have to recruit police officers right from the police academy so he gets people who have not fallen under Capone's influence.
I would make a "Wulin" movie where heroes from different swording sects fought against the evil tyranny of a barbarian cult. In an ensuring final battle the protagonist defeated and killed the enemy cult leader, only to discover the plight of these foreign tribes. They are being opressed by wealthy martial houses from whom our hero himself fought for, which gave chance to the rise of said cult leader. This leader ruled with an iron fist while leading the fight of a very brutal resistance, until falling to the blade of our protagonist.

Upon learning the true story, our hero repented and ended up switching allegences and becoming the cult leader himself.

The story will take the narrative of a young promising swordsman who, from years of education in chivary and swordsmanship, emerged from his swording school and took on a mission to investigate the emerging cult crisis, discovering the bit by bit the real story of the protagonist contary to what is taught to him by his elders. When he finally confronted this evil, he will have to make a choice between loyalty and justice.

Tagline - "Wulin is a lie."
By R_G
A film that follows a fascist dictator as he goes about his days, including decision making that kills hundreds, but for the better good. The message of the film is that the ends always justify the means.

Call it: " The Good Fascist "

Starring: Michael Fassbender

And , with reports reaching all the way to such c[…]

Source The chief prosecutor of the internation[…]

@FiveofSwords If your jolly Jack Tars were th[…]

@Puffer Fish White males who opt not to go to […]