Screen Propaganda: A short tale of Hollywood. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Screen Propaganda, Hollywood and the CIA

"One of the most pervasive trends in 21st century western culture has become somewhat of an obsession in America. It’s called “Hollywood history”, where the corporate studio machines in Los Angeles spend hundreds of millions of dollars in order to craft and precisely tailor historical events to suit the prevailing political paradigm".

http://www.globalresearch.ca/screen-propaganda-hollywood-and-the-cia/5324589

The Military's Long Hollywood Mission

"The upcoming film "Act of Valor" is replete with that kind of action, but there are a few things it doesn't have: There are no corrupt officers, no damaged heroes, no queasy doubts about the value of the mission or the virtue of the cause".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/17/act-of-valor-military-hollywood_n_1284338.html

Thoughts?
Read this book, Deathgod: Edward Bernays - Propaganda

It was written in 1927 by Sigmund Freud's nephew Edward Bernays, and in it he explicitly describes Hollywood as a highly efficient propaganda machine. This idea is nothing new.
Potemkin wrote:Read this book, Deathgod: Edward Bernays - Propaganda

It was written in 1927 by Sigmund Freud's nephew Edward Bernays, and in it he explicitly describes Hollywood as a highly efficient propaganda machine. This idea is nothing new.

I didn't know Edward Bernays was Sigmund Freud's nephew. Thanks for the info. I will make an effort this week to try and get it off the library if possible.

What I do not understand though, is how it is possible for Hollywood to be that influential when the reason you go and see a movie is to be entertained and not to take history lessons.
What I do not understand though, is how it is possible for Hollywood to be that influential when the reason you go and see a movie is to be entertained and not to take history lessons.

The most effective kind of propaganda is propaganda that people don't realise is propaganda. If people know that you're trying to convince them of something, then they tend to resist that process. But if they think they are merely being entertained, then that's when you can influence what they think most effectively. Bernays has a lot to say about this in his book.
I remember shortly after 9-11 there was a meeting of the Hollywood elite to discuss how they could make movies more patriotic.

At the start of the meeting the chair said that they were not there to tell people how they should be making their movies.

Kevin Costner is quoted as saying. "so what was the point in the meeting then!" ?

One of the articles wrote:With thousands of documents to support his position, Mansoor says that the “hostage crisis” was a political “management tool” created by the pro-Bush faction of the CIA, and implemented through an a priori Alliance with Khomeini’s Islamic Fundamentalists.” He says the purpose was twofold:
To keep Iran intact and communist-free by putting Khomeini in full control.
To destablize the Carter Administration and put George Bush in the White House.

Just as an aside, I find it strange that it's even a question that something like this happened. Carter was an anti-establishment guy, even the Democrats didn't like him and reformed the system so that someone like him couldn't get elected again through their process.

Then the Director of the CIA runs against him, and Carter is asked to make nice with the Shah right before suddenly everything goes batshit crazy and he's left with these hostages. Then the rescue mission goes awful, to the point these guys in robes find a helicopter downed in the middle of a sandstorm that they shouldn't have known was there. Then when the CIA director and his retarded cowboy actor get into office, the hostages are let go and people just swallow this idea that Iran wanted to show they can get a Republican in office...for no good reason at all. One might be able to say all of this is just a big coincidence of some kind, but then the administration is pretty quickly caught providing aid and comfort to enemies of the US by illegally selling weapons to Iran.

But...you know, Reagan was an innocent shitting his pants and drooling in the Oval Office that was a trained actor, so nothing evil could have possibly happened. I'm sure it's just coincidence that the CIA had relations with Iran to do illegal things and this crazy set of circumstances occurred in which their director became Vice President.

And if that can happen, I don't see why you couldn't say that Hollywood has a rotten streak. Though, in honesty, I tend to think it's more because Hollywood is run by rich people and so is the government. So even if they're not working together all the time per se, they have the same ultimate agenda.
Potemkin wrote:The most effective kind of propaganda is propaganda that people don't realise is propaganda. If people know that you're trying to convince them of something, then they tend to resist that process. But if they think they are merely being entertained, then that's when you can influence what they think most effectively. Bernays has a lot to say about this in his book.

What I find amazing is the number of well-educated people who still expose their minds to corporate propaganda like TV and Hollywood.

Knowing full well that it's made to manipulate you emotionally so that you will behave in a predetermined way.... doesn't stop you from watching?

How stupid is this? Commercial media is designed to make you an emotionally crippled dummy, so you... continue to consume it?
I know the US DoD used to have it's own film studio up on Wonderland Avenue in the Hollywood Hills. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_Mo ... ce_Station

Kind of odd to have a military installation in the same neighborhood as all the actors, directors, and musicians and what not. It was decommissioned a long time ago, but the public didn't know about it's existence until the '90s.

They produced all those old nuclear testing films, but also a lot of classified films. Might of done a little consulting with their neighbors as well, who knows .
Last edited by Solastalgia on 12 Jun 2014 03:58, edited 2 times in total.
Knowing full well that it's made to manipulate you emotionally so that you will behave in a predetermined way.... doesn't stop you from watching?

How stupid is this? Commercial media is designed to make you an emotionally crippled dummy, so you... continue to consume it?

I continue to consume commercial medias everyday but with the choices i make, i feel much less manipulated than when watching or reading mainstream news. On the other hand all these cultural inputs contribute to define the boundaries of my imagination and ultimately the boundaries of my possibilities as an individual.

But i'm glad these corporate cultural products aren't the only inputs i had and i perfectly see their negative effects on people around me.

What can i do, i'm just a lonely person which needs to consume cultural products, so i'm not so lonely on my own but with plenty of other people, and i need to be entertained because my imagination has been crippled !
QatzelOk wrote:What I find amazing is the number of well-educated people who still expose their minds to corporate propaganda like TV and Hollywood.

Is it ok if I watch state funded programming? Or should I limit myself to independent art house productions?
Is it ok if I watch state funded programming? Or should I limit myself to independent art house productions?

These are questions to ask yourself.

Most people who give up commercial media lose their taste for "alternative" media as well. Alternative media just exists to keep intellectuals and other thoughtful people "in the program."

Shouldn't smart people try to leave the program? Why would anyone voluntarily give up their emotional freedom - that is, their freedom to come up with opinions on their own?

Noelnada suggests it`s because they`re bored and unfulfilled with their modern, specialized lives in their over-designed and over-controlled man-made environments. If this is true, entertainment is just one weapon of disaster capitalism - make the people bored and then suck out their brains with propaganda.
I find most of the stuff out there just totally unwatchable. TV news: no way. Cinema films: maybe 1-in-10 look OK, but I only enjoy about half of those (I find kids movies to be the most consistently enjoyable). Reality TV/talent shows: Ugh. I do enjoy GoT and many of the cartoon comedies, but mostly our cultural output is just écœurant. To eat at McDonald's (or any fast food joint) is nice every once in a while, but go every day and it's just sickening.

Hollywood is a major part of the wider Western oligarchic power structure: Hollywood, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, the military-industrial complex/Surveillance State, the MSM, various non-American satellites (London, Brussels, Paris..), this an extremely powerful constellation of actors, autonomous yet interlinked and interdependent, gravitating and organized around Washington DC and the U.S. government. These entities collectively wield a staggering amount of propaganda, surveillance, economic and military power.

This plutocratic "Empire" however is beset by intense, arguably decadent and self-destructive, contradictions, because it is destroying its own demographic base, creating a sort of bourgeois-effeminate culture (which leads to all sorts of contradictions and isn't useful if you want your citizens to fight wars, we're much too sensitive to have (our own) people killed anymore) and is economically chaotic. Time will tell if it holds or if other power networks can rival it or even takes it place.

Perhaps the most pernicious power is its "cultural" power, because it shapes people's psyches even to the point of what they think is "true" or what their values are (by telling them what is "normal"). Western academia, pop culture and media's hegemony pose a quasi-epistemological problem. Of course Marxists have stressed the importance of cultural hegemony especially since Gramsci's martyrdom. But they seem curiously hemiplegic about it, seeing on the bits they want to see, and denouncing the problems of ethnic bias only when it concerns the (real) bias of ethnic Europeans.

Concretely for Hollywood: Hollywood often collaborates with the U.S. government (especially for military flicks requiring U.S. military equipment or producing official U.S. government propaganda) and in recent decades has tended to produce imperial apologia, Hollywood bankrolls U.S. politicians (especially so as to promote copyrasty), Hollywood directors and producers (like everyone else) tend to be biased towards their ethnic community and produce Holocaust-centrism (which has an anti-nationalist lesson, whereas if we remembered the victims of the Holodomor, Chinese communism or the Khmer Rouge, we'd spread an anti-equalist lesson), Israel apologia and attacks on conservatism and Arabs.

Here is a good intro documentary on Hollywood's anti-Arab racism:
[youtube]lugFgJn9krI[/youtube]

It would be good to have more studies of this sort.

Most countries have decent alternative cultural production for news, even if the means are generally artisanal (radio, text, some video).
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-glorie ... ne/5387521

The Glories of America’s Wars: “Made in Hollywood” by the Pentagon’s Propaganda Machine

A short time after the worst US war defeat in the nation’s history – the Vietnam War – a growing wave of films began emerging in attempts to grapple with America’s open war wounds. Some focused on allegorical cautionary tales such as “Apocalypse Now,” an epic masterpiece showing the war in Southeast Asia as a nightmare of misguided confusion and terror, and ultimately its senseless brutality. The caricatures depicted left an indelible imprint on viewers with Robert Duvall’s perverse character proclaiming that napalm in the morning “smells like victory.” Or the decorated war hero-West Pointer renegade colonel played by Marlon Brando who saw the evil Empire war for what it was worth and jumped ship to the other side to become a hero worshipped, warrior God to the indigenous deep jungle inhabitants. Francis Ford Coppola’s 1979 tour-de-force of an anti-war film became both a box office smash as well as Oscar nominated Best Picture with Coppola himself nominated as Best Director.

Just the year before in 1978 an Oscar winner for its stars was “Coming Home,” exploring the devastating impact of war on relationships. War’s collateral damage manifesting at home in the form of marital infidelity centered on stateside wife (Jane Fonda’s character), her wayward, war-fighting, PTSD-stricken husband (Bruce Dern) amidst the burgeoning intimacy of another war victim-paraplegic played by Jon Voight. The powerful reality drama in its raw emotional delivery depicted how different individuals participating in that debacle of a war each responded to their own pain, trauma and suffering. The film poignantly transcended its challenge as a potential soap opera-ish tearjerker to bring us as an audience closer home than we might comfortably want in understanding the war’s very real catastrophic consequences on vulnerable and frail human beings.

Also the year before “Apocalypse Now” came another Oscar winning portrait of the before- and aftereffects of Americans living through the Vietnam War in Michael Cimino’s 1978 “Deer Hunter.” Capturing the pro-war sentiment of a small steel mining town in Pennsylvania with a huge wedding celebration as a joyful tribute to three young men about to join the war effort, the second half of the film focuses on the costly toll that combat takes on the fragile human psyche and the deep sense of loyalty amongst war buddies. The mountainous treks in search of conquering the hunted act as a metaphorical backdrop to the complex nuance of male bonding juxtaposed by man’s inhumanity toward both all that is beautiful and natural as well as the brutality of man’s inhumanity to man. This film also offers deep human insight as another allegorically dark, cautionary tale of the heavy lessons of war.

Perhaps the most accurate Oscar winning depiction of what it must have been like as an American soldier trying to stay alive in the jungles of Southeast Asia was Vietnam veteran Oliver Stone’s 1986 Oscar winner “Platoon.” The graphic horror of war in all its senselessness including a glimpse into atrocities committed by the US military is brilliantly shown bringing out both war’s best and worst in human nature.

Oliver Stone once again won another Best Director Oscar for delving masterfully into the damaging effects of war in his 1989 “Born on the Fourth of July” based on the true life account written by war veteran and peace activist Ron Kovic. This story depicts so vividly with such powerfully raw emotion PTSD on both combat veterans and the rippling effects on their families. Again depicted is the patriotic small town fervor that never fails to accompany young men believing strongly in America’s righteous cause.

Whether succumbing to the old domino theory of stopping the Red Scare spread of nemesis Russia and China or the global terrorism of US-made al Qaeda, the US government has forever used in its propagandist arsenal movies from Hollywood. Prior to and even up to the Vietnam War with 1968’s “The Green Beret,” such mythic war hero acting legends as John Wayne have bedazzled and enticed many a young men into joining up and later dying for America’s chronic war cause.

Ron Kovic, like Pat Tillman and Bowe Bergdahl from the Afghan War, all fell victim to this same longtime jingoistic propaganda, faced the ugly truth about Empire wars, felt betrayed and suffered a crisis in conscience that compelled them to rebel against war. Whistleblowers Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden in their own ways bravely did too.

Still another powerful projection of the Vietnam War’s insanity was demonstrated in Stanley Kubrick’s 1987 anti-war homage “Full Metal Jacket.” set during the Tet Offensive. Though there have been a number of other cinematic efforts to historically portray the Vietnam War for what it was, several deserving honorable mention include “The Boys in Company C” (1977), “Go Tell the Spartans” (1979), “Casualties of War” (1989) and “We Were Soldiers” (2002). But the aforementioned half dozen highly acclaimed motion pictures realistically best represent and truthfully present the Vietnam War in all its complexity, horror and tragedy, at least from the American point of view. More films could be done focusing on the one to three million Asian lives lost at the hands of America’s imperialistic war and the millions more who survived America’s crimes against their humanity. Though there are some Vietnamese films about the war, few have been seen by Americans.

In stark contrast to that war period, no post-9/11 film has even come close to telling the truth about either the Iraq or Afghanistan War. Probably the most accurate rendition was 2009’s Oscar winning “The Hurt Locker.” It follows the life of an American GI whose specialty is dismantling bombs. Its gritty portrayal of the Iraq War through one soldier’s experience comes across as extremely realistic in its cinema verite style. But it stays clear of revealing the war and occupation’s political debauchery, immorality and corruption, and barrenly empty in presenting the tragic human side and cost of war. The main character seems almost inhuman, mechanically going through his day-to-day high wire act with abandoned precision. Devoid of any anti-war element, whatever transmitted war message is neutered by its detached, matter-of-fact presentation, choosing to neither take a stand for or against the war. However, after the combat veteran returns home, the mundane emptiness of his everyday family life becomes no match for the adrenalin rush of wartime deployment as the protagonist succumbs to his irresistibly alluring addiction and most salient PTSD symptom. It portrays motivation for multiple tours, exactly what today’s Empire both wants and needs from its soldiers.

Mark Wahlberg stars in the recent “Lone Survivor” based on the true story written by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell of his harrowing combat experience in Afghanistan. Though it demonstrates the fraternal bonding love that soldiers in war experience together along with their remarkable courage, the film may as well be a recruitment add for Navy SEALs. Through one man’s story of survival, this film is designed to reflect the heroic passion and dedication America’s elite military possess in fighting American Empire wars. If anything, like mostly all war films nowadays, it glorifies the mission of America as the “exceptional” fighting force so that we at home can enjoy our ”freedom,” the same old cliche that has now become just another lie.

Capturing the immoral depravity and brutality of America’s longest wars in history have yet to even be attempted by Hollywood, despite the near decade and a half since their beginning. And this gaping hole in cinema history is all too evident in how the wars have been covered with so called embedded news journalism. Unlike the Vietnam War where cameras followed soldiers onto the battlefield and observed in black and white actual red blood flowing from real life dying Americans, twenty-first century wars are censored and hermetically sealed from exposing any real truth about the horrors of war. The in-our-face realism broadcast nightly into living rooms across America decades ago more than any other single factor caused the nation to virtually overnight turn 180 degrees against the Vietnam War. From America’s most popular song of the entire year in 1966 was Staff Sergeant Barry Sadler singing “Ballad of the Green Beret.” But just two short years later America went from overwhelmingly favoring the war to the war President Lyndon B. Johnson’s Oval Office abdication from even running again because the nation had so vehemently turned against that unpopular war. That is what real war shown on living room television screens can do.

Of course this never happened during these two even longer running wars in the Middle East. Despite the boldface lies perpetrated by the neocon Bush-Cheney regime behind the invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, and the overt evidence that their diabolical plan was in place to wage war against Iraq long before their 9/11 false flag, the anti-war movement never quite got off the ground. By the war criminals’ grand design, the sanitized, artificially delivered coverage of these latest American wars neither showed any of the near million and a half humans dying in Iraq alone nor any GI body bags loaded up and coming home. Such is how this sterilized version of modern imperialistic wars are fought by America’s standing army of volunteers – out of sight, out of mind to the oblivious 99% of the US population not actually fighting and dying on foreign oil-rich battlefields half a world away. The widening disconnect between US military and the US civilian population is also by sinister design.

Instead of the remarkable, disturbingly realistic films chronicling the Vietnam War, all we get now from this latest batch of US wars are either recruitment stories or the sterile “Hurt Locker’s” numbing rendition of war insanity by the same Oscar winning filmmaker who three years later was behind the “true story” account of how Uncle Sam finally got his boogey man – “Zero Dark Thirty.” A full ten years after 9/11, only through such heroic, never-give-up persistence, an ace crack team of CIA-black ops superheroes finally were able to track down and nail their phantom ringleader in Osama bin Laden, who had been conveniently playing the same “lone gunman” role for 9/11 as Oswald-Sirhan-James Earl did for the Kennedy-MLK false flag operations. That this too was a fictional tale made for good rah-rah, God-bless-America just like “Flight 93’s “let’s roll” did prior to crashing into that mysterious Pennsylvania field where no wreckage or bodies were ever found.

Despite the saccharinely contrived twisting of history so American Empire residents can feel better about themselves and their nation’s inhumane wars, Hollywood no longer has neither the interest nor permission nor courage to portray war as it historically is, not when it has been hijacked by the likes of the Pentagon and the CIA. No more can the film industry honestly and accurately depict war or America as they really are, not when the plague that long ago muzzled and killed independent journalism in this country also descended upon to muzzle and kill Hollywood. Like the presstitute corps, Hollywood is just another false mouthpiece for manufacturing deceit that covers up government criminality. We will not be seeing any more anti-war films, not in this apocalyptic pro-war era of America’s tyranny, oppression and Empire decline.

The United States is owned and controlled by oligarchs who own and control the top transnational corporations who own and control virtually all the national governments. They send their CIA-Pentagon goons out to Hollywood to make sweetheart deals with the big studios ensuring that only action war hero propaganda spews forth onto the big screens. The total absence of films reflecting any attempt at showing real truth about the sins of war and violence is just another form of censorship among many that rules our lives today. After all, war is here to stay and fresh bodies of young patriotically misguided men and women are sorely needed on the many battlefronts to come. And anything remotely exposing the true horror and ugliness of war and violence is simply not conducive to the perpetual war making machine. So keep all those fake video games and fake movies going with all those fake superheroes spilling fake blood while killing all those evil-minded fake Moslem jihadists. That way real people will continue shedding real blood all over the world just like the oligarchy wants and demands.

Whatever you do Hollywood, don’t show war and violence for the unnatural ugliness of what they really are. Or how our tax dollars draining Americans have long been financing, arming and hiring al Qaeda mercenaries, the same ones that supposedly killed 3000 of us on 9/11 to fight all its proxy wars against Russia-China-Iran-Syria in places like Syria and Libya along with the Balkans in the 1990’s and Afghanistan in the 1980’s. Though our country keeps losing war after war after war, again it is all by grand oligarchic, New World Order design to destroy America. Everyone loses but that less than 1% that obscenely profits from war with its most obvious agenda to destabilize, impoverish and control every nation on earth.

Remarking on how effective propaganda is in the US, former 1980’s CIA Director William Casey once uttered: “We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

As the war drums beat louder all the time, to illustrate the utter cold blooded contempt that oligarch puppets like war criminal Henry Kissinger harbors toward Americans and our soldiers in particular, he brazenly stated: “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”

And even more brazenly arrogant when reflecting how effective his NWO plan is being executed with so little resistance, Kissinger boasts, “Illegal we do immediately… unconstitutional takes a little longer.”

It appears they already have accomplished their coup. The US Constitution is all but dead and buried, no longer upheld by all those traitors in government sworn to protect it.

Using mind control methods for decades to mesmerize, desensitize, brainwash and blind young Americans to the savagery of war and violence by glorifying it through Hollywood propaganda films, the US government has been effectively manipulating multiple generations to do its dirty bloody bidding as sacrificial lambs at the geopolitical Masonic altar where no one wins but the bloodthirsty 1% war profiteering vampires who have been getting away with bloody murder for centuries.  

Joachim Hagopian is a West Point graduate and former US Army officer. He has written a manuscript based on his unique military experience entitled “Don’t Let The Bastards Getcha Down.” It examines and focuses on US international relations, leadership and national security issues. After the military, Joachim earned a masters degree in Clinical Psychology and worked as a licensed therapist in the mental health field for more than a quarter century. He now concentrates on his writing.
QatzelOk wrote:Most people who give up commercial media lose their taste for "alternative" media as well. Alternative media just exists to keep intellectuals and other thoughtful people "in the program."

Shouldn't smart people try to leave the program? Why would anyone voluntarily give up their emotional freedom - that is, their freedom to come up with opinions on their own?

Noelnada suggests it`s because they`re bored and unfulfilled with their modern, specialized lives in their over-designed and over-controlled man-made environments. If this is true, entertainment is just one weapon of disaster capitalism - make the people bored and then suck out their brains with propaganda.

Q actually has something of a point this time. Commercial media is a little like porn. It desensitizes the mind and subliminally introduces certain attitudes and assumptions. And yet I still love WWII-era Bugs Bunny cartoons...especially the one with the Gremlins from the Kremlin. The Three Stooges are awesome propaganda for adolescent nihilism. You have to pick and choose. Certain movies that cater to soi-disant liberals (say American Beauty) I find oafish.

To be perfectly honest, leaving the program is not an option. You become part of the program by virtue of being born in a certain time and in a certain place. You can, like QatzelOK, manufacture a little wiggle room (even if it be illusory) within the program itself. But, don't you see, that is actually a part of the program. You fulfill a necessary function, Q, in being an outlier - one of the many safety valves embedded within the system. The illusion of being able to leave the system is a necessary part of preserving the system.
QatzelOk has over 50,000 posts on a forum where some of the longest threads are dedicated to mainstream pop culture- TV, film, games, music. Even if he doesn't take part or read any of these discussions many of the people he interacts with are heavily influenced by mainstream media.

It makes me wonder how far one is able to step back and form one's own opinions. Short of living somewhere without electricity you're engulfed in the propaganda 24/7.
AFAIK wrote:QatzelOk has over 50,000 posts on a forum where some of the longest threads are dedicated to mainstream pop culture- TV, film, games, music. Even if he doesn't take part or read any of these discussions many of the people he interacts with are heavily influenced by mainstream media.

Many detox interns and paramedics interact with people who are heavily influenced by heroin and other hard drugs. This doesn't mean that the medical staff will become similar in temperament or opinions to the heroin users (mass media users).

It makes me wonder how far one is able to step back and form one's own opinions. Short of living somewhere without electricity you're engulfed in the propaganda 24/7.

You can use electricity for other things than interacting with psychoactive entertainment products. Mass propaganda became popular a half century after electricity. There was a 50 year window.
QatzelOk wrote:Many detox interns and paramedics interact with people who are heavily influenced by heroin and other hard drugs. This doesn't mean that the medical staff will become similar in temperament or opinions to the heroin users (mass media users).

Completely different context. You come to pofo for social interaction and information exchange with peers. Paramedics taxi drug users to hospitals and pump their stomachs.

QatzelOk wrote:You can use electricity for other things than interacting with psychoactive entertainment products. Mass propaganda became popular a half century after electricity. There was a 50 year window.

People bought microwaves with the intention of baking their recipes faster than in conventional ovens, then began purchasing pre-prepared meals that merely required re-heating. When you log on to pofo how do you resist the temptation to view commercial websites? In my experience these things creep in insidiously.
AFAIK wrote:Completely different context. You come to pofo for social interaction and information exchange with peers. Paramedics taxi drug users to hospitals and pump their stomachs.

Yes, but I was referring to the people who talk to and counsel heroin addicts. These councelers are not users themselves, and don't become users (or heroin lovers) by talking to heroin addicts all day.

Likewise, interacting with mass media addicts just reminds me of how shallow and useless your opinions become when you let giant corporations formulate them for you.

By the way, stomach-pumping the brainwashing of mass media is part of the detox process. It's done through social interaction. There are no hideous machines involved (except your laptop and several servers because we're online).
This is some pretty hyperbolic shit going on right here. As if every production company in Hollywood is colluding with the Illuminati to brainwash you

Frankly, there's nothing wrong with appreciating some media. Yeah, some of it is shit. Not every book ever written is great, either. But, living here in the heart of Hollywood, it's really impressive to see the care and effort professionals invest in each show. Creative directors placing every object in a scene or tailoring a bedroom to reflect a character's personality; gaffers hanging the lights just so; the artful use of the camera. Having worked alongside and knowing a lot of people in The Industry, I can tell you that there is no cohesive effort to trick you into liking enjoyable things.

What are these "messages?" What is this pot fueled paranoid nonsense? Are people genuinely complaining that art is trying to provoke an emotion? Who is the weirdo who reads a book, watches a movie, etc. and then gets angry that the artist has somehow "tricked" them into feeling emotion? I thought that was kind of the the point. But I guess that's how the Jewilluminati get you. They trick you into liking things that are objectively good, somehow. They're too clever for the average person to figure out, you have to be some kind of genius to see it.

Lets look at some popular and entertaining shows:

Oh no. The Illuminati are trying to brainwash people into not hating faggots or miscegenation. The horror! What will those crafty Jews think of next?

See, this is reverse smarty Jew propaganda. They depict politicians as evil sociopaths, so that you'll like evil sociopaths. Because all politicians, in reality, are evil sociopaths. Literally anyone with any power ever is a sociopath and also a lizard person. Of course, if you enjoy House of Cards and don't believe all politicians are literally Satan then obviously you've been brainwashed. This is why you never take off your tinfoil hat, not even for a second. It only takes one second for the Jewish broadcasting waves to infect you.

This show is just funny and everyone should watch it.

This message brought to you by the new Ford Fiesta. Lease it now. 24 months for $179 per month. Act now and receive $500 in gas money and our exclusive warranty option.

@annatar1914 that video of the Black sun is abou[…]

The only way to sustain the premise in this threa[…]

China works with Russia, and both are part of BRI[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://x.com/i/status/1791406694175510965 https:[…]