Screen Propaganda: A short tale of Hollywood. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Who is the weirdo who reads a book, watches a movie, etc. and then gets angry that the artist has somehow "tricked" them into feeling emotion?

Plato, that was litteraly his position.

He said we should be suspicious of "imitative art" since it arouses our passions and thus corrupts our moral virtue.
Yeah, and Plato said a lot of stupid shit like there's one universal chair out there. Also he was a boy diddler who said people shouldn't have sex and instead have pure friendship. Great advice there, hypocrite.

Keep in mind that Plato lived in a much more retarded time than we live in now. His contemporary became famous for saying, "Hey, be the right amount of something. Like, don't be too brave and don't be too little brave. Be just right brave." This was, apparently, considered some super smart shit back in the day. It's best to take Greek "philosophy" with a grain of salt (only one, those idiots considered it money back then).

Yeah, thanks Greek philosophers. Glad you could pull out of some dude's ass long enough to get those genius thoughts onto parchment.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah, and Plato said a lot of stupid shit like there's one universal chair out there. Also he was a boy diddler who said people shouldn't have sex and instead have pure friendship. Great advice there, hypocrite.

Keep in mind that Plato lived in a much more retarded time than we live in now. His contemporary became famous for saying, "Hey, be the right amount of something. Like, don't be too brave and don't be too little brave. Be just right brave." This was, apparently, considered some super smart shit back in the day. It's best to take Greek "philosophy" with a grain of salt (only one, those idiots considered it money back then).

Yeah, thanks Greek philosophers. Glad you could pull out of some dude's ass long enough to get those genius thoughts onto parchment.

Why do you not like honest assessments of social observations?

Are lies really so entertaining that you have no room for a bit of truth?
All I'm saying is that Plato and Aristotle said a lot of fucking dumb and obvious things, and that at least one was a huge hypocrite. That's an honest assessment of a social observation.

Also, I find it really ironic that the guy who rejects all facts is lecturing me for not unquestioningly accepting what he perceives to be the truth.
SpecialOlympian wrote: I find it really ironic that the guy who rejects all facts is lecturing me for not unquestioningly accepting what he perceives to be the truth.

Aristotle and Plato revealed an ocean's worth of truth without reverting to using any facts whatsoever.

Compare this to last years Goldman Sachs annual report which was chock full of facts without even a trace of a vapor of truth.

What you find ironic is probably due to what mass media told you was common sense.
QatzelOk wrote:What you find ironic is probably due to what mass media told you was common sense.

"Your mind has been rotted by media."

Has been high all day every day for decades.

Aristotle and Plato revealed an ocean's worth of truth without reverting to using any facts whatsoever.

What the hell are you talking about? They both laid out precepts for atomic theory, among other things, but they thought shit was made out of fire and water because they were idiot boy fuckers.

Compare this to last years Goldman Sachs annual report which was chock full of facts without even a trace of a vapor of truth.

Nice jab at Goldman-Sachs. No shit an annual report is full of facts. It's literally a listing of what their holdings are and their estimated value at a specific point in time. Way to slam those accountants for not being philosophers.

I will grant you that in an intellectual slapfight the boy diddlers of Ancient Greece would probably win out over an Excel spreadsheet of Goldman-Sachs holdings. But... wait, why are you even making this argument? What is wrong with you and why do you lack even the simplest understanding of what you're attempting to criticize? How did banks even factor into this?

Do you just go with the smartest sounding empty platitude and run with it?

I'm waiting to see how @Puffer Fish blames this […]

So this raised a number of questions in my mind. […]

World War II Day by Day

May 10, Friday British troops land to occupy Ice[…]

Right wingers and capitalists and free marketeers[…]