America's Family - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By RhetoricThug
Subject 488890
Test:3
Chamber 17
17/01/1973

Steven
Male, White-Caucasian.
Protestant (Not that it really matters)
Balding, brown hair roots white.
43 years of age
6.0' and 245lbs.
Sexual fantasies include gambling and Latin babes.

Note
Steve's son's description is irrelevant to Test:3

"That's not me, is that suppose to me?"

"That's not me."

"That's not me either, gawd, this primetime lineup is awful! That's why I pay for cable, and my son's cartoons.

This particular man, behind the glass- is he... No. Give it time. He will understand our visual concepts. Once his son makes emotional contact with one character on screen, we should be able to sell the rest of the idea to his father. You see, one of our measurement tools that we apply for use in our reduced precise viewership science method, or PVSM. Measures all aspects of the homo-genius relationship pathy always occurring between, this Steve, and his son. With the cooperation of our traduced middle class audience, we can aim our advertisements straight at the right consumer. This technique will not only reshape the middle class, but it will form their image, they will conform to any given set of values, be it humorous or tragic.

Place these conditioning techniques, and like a program- the youth will match our couth, giving root to a new age of self replicating consumers. Imagine when they can click a button while at home, resulting in instant gratification and consumerism being awarded by the mystique of the material realm. Now pay close attention. The market will expand, the bull raging, high demand. The predictions to the patterns on the stage as we create cultural contraband, in favor of the scientific hand- knowing all- know no worry. It is I, the screen illuminating fiery glow towards the retinas stowed away slow, now give me your soul, obey the toll, the bell's bold bellowing stinging with the humming and ringing, each channel dinging, shan't matter tis singing, all our ads will shine 24 hours, everyday until their deathbed flowers wilt through the next day's hours. All this to the rhythm of our power.

Keep Watching...

"Dad, that looks like my first grade teacher, Ms. Bianchi!"

"Oh, yeah, wasn't she... ah, that was the Brazilian one, right?"

"Yeah."

"I remember her."

Hi, I'm RhetoricThug. And I can't tell ya how many times I've contemplated similar things like the sketch above. I have to wonder if the power of symbolism and media, well, can be at times... You know, overwhelming. PoFo, what do you think? Can Television/other media outlets control the image and behavior of any given culture, through the manipulation/ploy of our instinctive desires? Look at the way soft power works for super powers, they create an image and reshape a state in their favor. At a more primitive level, today's culture could be the ultimate dream for capitalism and we stopped shaping art to mimic life years ago. Life now mimics art. I mean I really don't know how I feel about the whole idea...

@FiveofSwords wasn’t claiming that it does; his[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]