How do you like... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Shannonnn
But Shann, don't you ever feel pressured to live up to those images of the pristine, intelligent, and coldly rational white female?
Pristine? No. Intelligent? Yes. Coldly rational? Never.
Don't you feel a sort of pressure to resemble those impossible perfect white models who are portrayed as the "normal" caucasian chick?
More than ever.
By War Angel
I'm an Israeli Jew.

Don't get me started.

:lol:
By Abood
I'm an Israeli Jew.

Don't get me started.
Actually, please start. :)
By Tally-oh
I don't like the way white working class British are portrayed.

We're all vandalising racists ready to the join the national front at the drop of a hat. And the British as a country are always shown are silly and cowardly compared to Americans.

And the middle eastern Terrorist stereotype does really get to young minds. Before I had my political awakening I was genuinely sacred of people in turbans.
By Political Interest
I am very insulted by the way in which European people, or westerners are portrayed as always having the wealth. Not all westerners are rich. I also dislike the way they are made to appear undisciplined, liberal, sloppy dressers, materialistic, rude and disrespectful, cultureless, alcohol drinking, and sexually deviant.
By QatzelOk
bell hooks

To white dominated mass media, the controversy over gangsta rap makes great spectacle. Besides the exploitation of these issues to attract audiences, a central motivation for highlighting gangsta rap continues to be the sensationalist drama of demonizing black youth culture in general and the contributions of young black men in particular. It is a contemporary remake of "Birth of a Nation" only this time we are encouraged to believe it is not just vulnerable white womanhood that risks destruction by black hands but everyone.

When I counter this demonization of black males by insisting that gangsta rap does not appear in a cultural vacuum, but, rather, is expressive of the cultural crossing, mixings, and engagement of black youth culture with the values, attitudes, and concerns of the white majority, some folks stop listening.

Rest of essay

bell hooks bio

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]