Sources used on PoFo - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By KurtFF8
Personally I always use Yahoo! News as it provides many different sources I'll show the Top Stories section of their main page for example:

I'm not here promoting Yahoo! News (although I certainly do like them a lot due to the variety of sources that are available) But I'm just wondering what all sources do you all use when posting stories on PoFo?

Also do you think there are any problems with getting the news almost exclusively from BBC or the AP as it could limit the scope of coverage that we could get from other print sources and independent sources?
By NYYS
The only things I really source are economic data and studies, which don't usually appear on CNN or BBC or whatever. For me it's mostly numbers, as those can't be ignored (well, actually...) or denied.

I get annoyed when people source other people's opinions on partisan hackery sites. Make your own arguments, the only thing you should be usually be sourcing (outside of news articles, of course) is statistics or scholarly articles with statistics included, which you interpret and then make your own argument from.
By KurtFF8
I get annoyed when people source other people's opinions on partisan hackery sites.

True, but some times using someone else's argument can be informative and opens it up for the forum to analyze and counter and some times they bring up good points (such as linking certain stories and the such)

Not that I post OpEd articles or anything, but I'm not 100% opposed to users doing so.
By NYYS
No it's fine for stuff like Political Circus and Today's News, where people are bringing up an issue in the original post. But as used to defend your side of an argument? Like "Well, immigration is bad, my source here is Bill O'Reilly." That's weak debate.
By KurtFF8
Oh I see what you're saying. Yes I agree with you here, people use inappropriate authorities often in political debate. (Which is actually an informal fallacy)

I wonder if Noam Chomsky would fall under this appeal to inappropriate authority issue, as he is a professor of linguistics, not philosophy or political science.

@FiveofSwords Why will an accountant make a be[…]

What do the tweets say? Read them? They have ex[…]

Dude, YouTube is your source? You are not a serio[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]