Suggested readings on global trade rules and national sovereignty? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I am worried by the undermining of national sovereignties (and therefore democracy) under the rise of global treaties, especially the EU (I am French and anti-EU) but also the TISA/TTIP/CETA/etc.

Therefore I am looking to deepen my understanding of the problem - the diplomatic perspective about global and European trade relations (i.e. trade relations as a way to prevent conflicts like ww1/ww2 rather than merely increasing GDP) - and the alternative governance propositions which could restore local sovereignties. Maybe also an investigation of the political and sociological drivers that can explain some seemingly needless treaties.

Any good reading on those topics would be appreciated.

Please note that I do not believe in shared/transcultural democracy forms (European, continental, global, transnational) and therefore am not interested in internationalist utopias. I am also not very interested in the economic stakes as I am knowledgeable about them but believe they will become less important in the future.

Likewise, the human being themselves is a physica[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]

It's not an inference that Hamas wants to kill be[…]