Weaponized drones to secure Mexico border? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
According to a Customs and Border Protection report obtained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, the agency has considered adding weapons to its Predator drones that currently serve as the agency’s eyes in the sky on the lookout for undocumented immigrants and drug trafficking coming across the border... to read more http://i-hls.com/2013/07/non-lethal-wea ... s-borders/
This looks like part of the response to the mooted subject of having an amnesty for most illegal immigrants currently in the United States. The Republicans said they'd never agree to an amnesty unless the border is secured first- which is fair enough. The article says the weapons will be "non-lethal weapons" so I don't see a problem with this. From what I know, there's hardly any deterrent for Latino's at the moment, I think they get sent back South just to be able to try again at a later date. If they are bombed with pepper spray, it will dent their confidence a bit, but again, that's hardly much of a deterrent for someone who who has a great desire to live somewhere. But if these drones can pick people up using heat signals etc, immediately immobilise them with weapons when they come near the border and make them do some hard labour as well after they've been caught, the problem would become less of a problem.
Armed drones, 20,000+ additional Border Patrol agents, 700 miles of new fence? I absolutely support securing the border, but all of this sounds like just talk. The issue has been largely ignored for decades and now they're going to act on it when border hopping is at a 40 year low? 

Personally, I think these proposals are lip service to appease the masses and help the attempt to get an amnesty bill pushed through. I don't believe either the Republicans or Democrats are truly interested in border enforcement since immigrants seem to be one of the few demographics that aren't largely disillusioned with Washington. 

Personally, the only part of the plan I can imagine being carried out is some new fence and then it will probably be the same old tin and barbed wire that can be easily breached. That may sound pessimistic, but I'll believe in a secured border when I see it.    
The immigration reform bill mandates that the US government spend approximately $38 billion to secure the nation’s southern border and deploying unmanned drones will enhance the federal border agency's surveillance capabilities as tighter security pushes border-crossers to more remote areas. Tens of thousands of Latino agricultural workers will be brought in legally if the bill is approved and there should be a safety mechanism that ensures illegal border crossings will become a thing of the past.

The federal border agency downplayed the report, saying it has no plans as of now to arm its drones, adding that current missions focus solely on surveillance and reporting illegal activity. "CBP has no plans to arm its unmanned aircraft systems with non-lethal weapons or weapons of any kind," the agency said in a statement to Fox News Latino. "CBP’s unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) support CBP’s border security mission and provide an important surveillance and reconnaissance capability for interdiction agents on the ground and on the waterways."
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/07/03/homeland-security-considering-arming-border-drones-with-non-lethal-weapons/
Americans can be so unbelievably naive.

[*]It's in the interests of the elite to flood the U.S. with illegals.
[*]It's in the interests of the elite to invest in the illusion that they're doing something to curb the influx of illegals.

As the wise George Carlin has said:

They don't give a fuck about you.
Donald wrote:Americans can be so unbelievably naive.

[*]It's in the interests of the elite to flood the U.S. with illegals.
[*]It's in the interests of the elite to invest in the illusion that they're doing something to curb the influx of illegals.

Exactly. The drones will probably be used to crush dissent rather than to stop illegal immigration. If the American government wanted to stop illegals, they could've done so easily. Infact, Operation Wetback was a success.
Yes, there is absolutely no will within the elite to secure the American border or halt illegal immigration, as it is entirely within their interests.

Indeed, if someone were to suggest that drones be deployed on the Mexican border, I can even foresee Obama recycling the arguments that his critics have been deploying on him with regards to his drone policy in Yemen and Pakistan, "What, do you want me to murder innocent children and people? I would have you know this administration is firmly committed to the preservation and promotion of human rights. What are you? A racist white supremacist? I have dreamt of a shining city all my life, the shining city on the hill with free ports open to all." With the reference to Reagan, he'd have even the centre-right dancing to his tune. After that, we can all be free, American workers can be free to collect food stamps, Mexican workers would be free to work for virtually no earnings, benefits, dignity, or gratitude, and the American Dream lives on.
With regard to unskilled immigrants, why do people believe that it's in a country's interest to be flooded with them? Would it be the usual "they provide cheap labour"? I would say the cheap labour argument is true enough in a country like America, but do you think it's almost always the case that they provide an overall benefit to America or other countries?
Oakwood wrote:With regard to unskilled immigrants, why do people believe that it's in a country's interest to be flooded with them? Would it be the usual "they provide cheap labour"? I would say the cheap labour argument is true enough in a country like America, but do you think it's almost always the case that they provide an overall benefit to America or other countries?

What the government wants and what is good for the nation are two different things and are often diametrically opposed to each other. The fact that the government hasn't done anything suggests that they want this to happen.
Weaponized drones to secure Mexico border?

1. It could be a great idea 40 years ago when there was no single Mexican in the US. You would keep white America alive forever.

2. But, unfortunately, it is 2013. Most immigrants and their children are already in the US. That is why net migration has decreased since 2008. All potentially illegal aliens are inside.

3. Hispanics are more fertile than any other racial group in the country.

4. Hispanics can't be white since the overwhelming majority of them are Mestizos and brown skinned people.

4. White America is dead.
We have 11 million illegals in the USA. (The majority Hispanic.) Many have been here for ten years or more and homogenized within our society to the degree we can never in good conscience send them packing. Theire kids go to our schools that are for the most part geared to teach them English.

There is not a free lunch for adults but many such programs available to "all" children including the illegals.
The adults are illegally recruited / or find their way here for minimum wage jobs usually in construction or factories that for some may actually even pay the minimum wage or at other more dangerous work where honesty may or may not prevail. Spanish might always be the language of choice or simply never be dropped for the male ( The trend is to live in clusters that provide a close resemblance of their native land.) The women even while child bearing and rearing more often than not perform domestic work for us Americans are generally virtually white and gradually pick up and use our language.

Few if any cities can absorb without problem uncontrolled immigration and such becomes controversial in respect to damaging or beneficial.. We need to exercise better control of our borders but also find a way to take those already here to citizenship if desired.

Minimum wage jobs

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]