Will the United States be held responsible for its crimes? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rei Murasame wrote:What, is there some sort of anti-India thing going on, or something? The way that people refer to India with such contempt you'd think that they were Afghanistan or something.

As oil is produced in Afghanistan will the Afghanistan's be held in higher regard ?

India has cheap malleable labor and is ranked in that respect.
When do you ever see the leaders of large and powerful countries held responsible for their crimes? That very power places them out of reach. If anybody other than George W. Bush invaded Iraq under false pretences and without U.N. approval, they'd more than likely find themselves in the dock in the Hague. And the US was punished severely for its invasion of Iraq, through a deadly insurgency which cost thousands of American lives and contributed heavily to the current financial turmoil. It was a crime and an act of recklessness that resulted in real human and financial punishment.
And the US was punished severely for its invasion of Iraq, through a deadly insurgency which cost thousands of American lives and contributed heavily to the current financial turmoil.

We're talking about individual accountability here though.

Bush himself wasn't punished, nor his cohorts in his
Administration.
I doubt it. Unfortunately, immunity from justice seems to be a perk of leading a "superpower". I'm American and even I'd like to see Bush and his cronies face an international war crimes tribunal. I'd also like to see the current administration, as well as the House and Senate removed from power and face charges for their part in bringing us to the brink of financial ruin. Alas, that's not likely to happen and I probably sound like a nut for even saying it....
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yes Rich, the West only exists to stop the develo[…]

...You think I am class conscious? I really now h[…]

Survival strategies are all about culture, not ge[…]

World War II Day by Day

It should be noted that after Germany occupied Den[…]