Globalist Libertarianism? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By nach0king
Should libertarianism be isolationist, particularist and nation-based, or should it be a global effort? Are inalienable rights only gained upon receiving citizenship of a nation that recognises them - if not, how far could one "legitimately" go in order to secure them worldwide?

Just some stuff to think about...
By smashthestate
Militarily, Libertarianism advocates isolationism. Economically, Libertarianism advocates free trade.

Therefore, Libertarianism would not be a global effort, per se. In other words, you wouldn't see a Libertarian nation invading other countries trying to convert them to Libertarian forms of government, such as was seen with the former Soviet Union and the Soviet Bloc.

It does advocate violence in achieving its ends, unlike Communism.
By Garibaldi
I think libertarianism could be globalist; however, it would need the support of enough people to compose not only the ranks, but also to voluntarily fund the escapade. All in all, it'd be extremely hard and I doubt it would be a globalist movement.
By nach0king
I'm just wondering how to reconcile the inalienable rights with the idea of nations. I believe that the "First do no harm" principle is the correct way for the human race to live, but I also realise that military expansion contradicts everything this stands for.

@ingliz the Army manual is saying this: Army D[…]

Why? The counterargument to the footage of Jewish[…]

@Potemkin I think Nazis come about from member[…]

Source The chief prosecutor of the internation[…]