Military isolationism - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Clovis
Todd D. wrote:
Clovis wrote:We have the right as members of the human race who successfully created our freedoms and institutions. We are obligated to tell others to try what worked for us. A huge clue exists that lets us know that others value what we have done, and would be eager to have: people immigrate here in droves from all parts of the world.

I would agree with this, but policies of going in and disposing of "dictators" or "communists" in countries is not the same as talking with them and showing them how well our system works. One is voluntarily sharing information, the other is forcing our beliefs on other people.

True, but you can't talk someone into doing something when the dictator has a gun pointed at them (would the American Rev have succeeded if King George had modern weapons? -- its virtually impossible now to have a revolution without the help of the military). They first must be free to decide in order to decide truthfully. There are some examples of people who stand up to their own dictators (see the current situation in Iran), but these are few and far between. All I advocate is that dictators are removed so that the will of the people can be heard. If they then decide to go communist, fascist, whatever, then I can live with that. But it must be their free decision.

Then it should be easy for you to find a quote […]

Really? "From the river to the sea...."[…]

The billboards that you pass in your car every da[…]

Biden is right in demanding an evacuation plan for[…]