Libertarians, a '?' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By perception
should people be allowed to sue fast food restaurants for making them fat?

bear with me, there's a point.
Last edited by perception on 30 Jun 2004 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
By Todd D.
No, not at all. The only way that they could possibly have a case is if the Fast Food restaraunt published nutritional facts that said the meal that they ate was cholestoral free or whatever, then it would be fraud.

People are responsible for their own well being, and they should take responsibility for their own eating habits.
By Fernando
I am not a libertarian but I agree. I don't know who can be so stupid to believe it could maintain thin eating rubbish. He deserves what he happenned to him.
By Mr. Anderson
I would think a libertarian would allow a person to sue a fast food restauraunt. Winning, that's another story. To deny someone the right to sue is going against the concept of libertarianism, it is not?
By Garibaldi
Can I sue if you step on my toes or buys the last donut in a store? No, and you shouldn't be allowed to sue if you have no case. Eating at McDonalds is going to make you fat and you know it, and since there should be no law against it then how could you waste court time?
By liberalist
Of course fat people should be allowed to sue McDondalds in the courts. Of course, it does not necessarily mean that they will win. I support the individuals rights to use the courts, but personally if I was on the jury deciding the case I would not give the fat person anything.
By Goranhammer
Yeah, they should be allowed to sue, but to fail everytime. Fast food is not force-fed to anyone, it is eaten under their own volition. You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to not know it's not good for you.
By Liberal
If a person wants to eat at McDonald`s, that`s his/her problem. No one forces people to eat at fast food restaurants. It is their own choice, so they should face the conseqencess. Yes, they can sue, but I see no point for that.

@FiveofSwords Nobody has said everyone is whi[…]

Legal Analysis by University Network for HumanRigh[…]

@annatar1914 That video of the Black Sun is abou[…]

China works with Russia, and both are part of BRI[…]