IF you are a libertarian... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If you are a libertarian, please dont vote for anyone other than a libertarian. Why would a libertarian vote for kerry or bush when there is a libertarian running for president? By doing that you ensure we'll never get a libertarian in office. :knife:
By Liberal
That is political propagand!
But, it makes sence. By the way, how strong is the libertarian party in USA? How many people support it?
By tonechild2000
For information on the libertarian revolution in the USA, go to http://www.lp.org

There is lots of information on whose in office right now, and whats going on. The libertarian party is growing, and is in the ballots in almost all 50 states.
By Todd D.
It's on the ballots in all 50 states, the only party to do so for the past 4 elections (To put this in perspective, Nader and the Green party couldn't get on all 50 states in the 2000 election).

The Libertarian party has been steadily gaining steam since the 80's, and I think that it's not alltogether impossible that if trends keep going the way that they are, we can't put a Libertarian in office in the next 100 years. Fiscal conservatives are getting sick of the pussyfooting that the Republicans make to Medicare and Social Security, and Social Liberals are getting sick of the pussyfooting that the Democrats make towards the drug laws and gay marraige.

There's a reason they are the third largest party in the United States.
Last edited by Todd D. on 24 Jun 2004 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
By Liberal
Thanks for the link. They have interestying political programme. It looks like the republicans and democrats have serouse competition now.
By Todd D.
Another great link is http://www.badnarik.org
It's the official link of Michael Badnarik, Libertarian Presidential Candidate, and is a great site. He is a straight shooter who answers everything that is asked him, so if you want to know where he stands, that's where you can find it.
By The American Lion
Well if you look at my state. The Libertarians are doing great. They just need more work localy.

WASHINGTON STATE GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 7, 2000
FINAL REPORT

Governor

Candidate/Party Key Votes Overall %
Gary Locke - D 1,441,973 58.38%
John Carlson - R 980,060 39.68%
Steve W. LePage - L 47,819 1.93%

Lieutenant Governor

Candidate/Party Key Votes Overall %
Brad Owen - D 1,247,838 54.24%
Wm. "Mike" Elliott - R 872,853 37.94%
Ruth E. Bennett - L 179,567 7.80%