Zócalo. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Gral. Stamelin
You know, for many days, the organizers of the teachers' syndicate in my country have emplaced tents where the live and eat in the middle of Mexico's City Zócalo (which is the town center of the city).
I would support them, but they really don't need to establish themselves in Zócalo. Maybe they're even freaking some tourists.
And besides, the president no longer works in the Presidential Palace (in front of the Zócalo), but in Los Pinos.
So, why are they there?
They are not achieving any benefit like that.
But, what do you think?
By MB.
Well unless thier isn't a more public place to demonstrate I can uderstand using the town square. In most cases, if the media abounds, or more people are present, they can draw more support/attention to thier sides then if they focused on political locations alone. I haven't been to Mexico City yet (sadly) so I don't know what the layout of the govewrnment buildings looks like, but unless you can reach as many or more people there then in the city centre, there is no reason to move (and being there makes sense).

https://www.iwgia.org/en/palestine.html Indige[…]

Well you should claim species is a social constru[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]