Warning - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Hate Your State
It is illegal to promote armed violence with the intent to dismantle the government in Canada and the United States. This is called 'sedition', which I am an advocate of, but for those of you who aren't just drones sitting in front of computers talking about politics and generalizing about ideology all day, watch what you say in public. Keep the movement quiet, keep it among yourselves.
By Kov
Welcome to the Art of Revolution comrade.
By Hate Your State
I believe in gradual integration of mine and other like-minded people's methods into existing society. Armed insurrection is a tool to be used only at certain points in such a struggle.
By KurtFF8
its also illegal to steal games and movies (from kazaa, sites, etc.) but that dosent stop most people from doing it
By Proctor
Ah, the joys of pirating. Share and share alike I say.

Now for all you communists, doesn't pirating seem like a major step forward? Those with needs (us) take from those with the ability (hackers), who actually enjoy doing it. Long live internet piracy!!

And before anyone says "ooh, but kazaa is evil spyware", get Kazaa Lite. Again, some wonderful hacker (from Russia, again for all you fun loving communists) set his pirating mind to pirate the piracy software. Cheers to him! :cheers:
By KurtFF8
Im not trying to argue agnist pirating here but:

I dont see how stealing something is "for communism" or how stealing is communism... if stealing is communism then why support communism?
By Spetzjoe
Pirating is more revenge against the RIAA, MPAA and BSA cartels. In a Communist society all information (e.g. music, movies, softwar etc.) would be freely redistributable. The closest thing to a Communist software license is the GNU General Public License.
By KurtFF8
Spetzjoe wrote:Pirating is more revenge against the RIAA, MPAA and BSA cartels. In a Communist society all information (e.g. music, movies, softwar etc.) would be freely redistributable. The closest thing to a Communist software license is the GNU General Public License.

well what would modivation for peopel to make good games be? i know that there would be some people just doing it for fun, but many good games come because of the reward of money and for competiton agnist other ones... but there are also free games in a capitalist society (obviously) so...we get the best of both worlds! lol
By Proctor
It was a joke Kurt. I wasn't saying it was stealing, but a kind of 'sharing'. And being anti corporation helps as well. I was just saying how communists tend to use that as an excuse to do weird things. I still support pirating though.
By Sweeper
KurtFF8 wrote:
Spetzjoe wrote:Pirating is more revenge against the RIAA, MPAA and BSA cartels. In a Communist society all information (e.g. music, movies, softwar etc.) would be freely redistributable. The closest thing to a Communist software license is the GNU General Public License.

well what would modivation for peopel to make good games be? i know that there would be some people just doing it for fun, but many good games come because of the reward of money and for competiton agnist other ones... but there are also free games in a capitalist society (obviously) so...we get the best of both worlds! lol

You think that the money you pay for a game goes back to the developers?
Well guess again Boozo...
It goes right in to the greedy hand of a capitalist who ONLY publishes it and has nothing else to do with the project...
Example a game costs 40£ then 4£ goes to developer 30£ to the capitalism and the rest is splittet across various areas...
So you thought they got a reward? Nope... Full article in a Pc Gamer mag from 2002.
By Proctor
Sweeper wrote:Well guess again Boozo...

Sweeper wrote:Example a game costs 40£ then 4£ goes to developer 30£ to the capitalism
So the money disappears into this thing called 'capitalism' eh? Enough of the name calling. Game developers and PC Gamer mags are corporations too.
By Sweeper
Proctor wrote:
Sweeper wrote:Well guess again Boozo...

Sweeper wrote:Example a game costs 40£ then 4£ goes to developer 30£ to the capitalism
So the money disappears into this thing called 'capitalism' eh? Enough of the name calling. Game developers and PC Gamer mags are corporations too.

Isn't a capitalist somebody who extorts? Developers have gotten same amount all along, Just that the cappies, have started increasing, Look at the game prices for christs sake...
forget the "I need to support, developers get my support" Because it is wrong... Very wrong... Welcome to communism, If they were to charge that amount, I think that they would get more and make better games.
But like the system is now :knife:
By Adrien
In my opinion, computer gaming (evil PCs and great Macs) has gone mad.. Every week they release a new game, a new game which force you to change your computer configuration because it needs more ressource than last week's game! One makes you buy memory, the other makes you change your video card, and another needs more hard disk space... That costs a lot!

Anyway, gaming is not for computers: computers are made to work. Video gaming systems are made to play! So everybody should stop playing on their computer and buy a Game Cube. And that's not advertisement. :D

As far as pirating is concerned, it can be divided in two categories: abandonware and normal pirating. There's no problem with abandonware, it's not bad to get a game that the company doesn't sell or support anymore. For the classic pirating, we won't easily stop it from day to day, so companies should learn to live with it: it might bring them down, but it's a little bit their fault, they shouldn't have become mad about profit and competition.

If in the future they calm down, distribute more equally the profits, also convincing themselves to allay the prices, then people may stop doing it.
By Sheep...
Whats a gamecube?
By Sweeper
Dri wrote:In my opinion, computer gaming (evil PCs and great Macs) has gone mad.. Every week they release a new game, a new game which force you to change your computer configuration because it needs more ressource than last week's game! One makes you buy memory, the other makes you change your video card, and another needs more hard disk space... That costs a lot!

Anyway, gaming is not for computers: computers are made to work. Video gaming systems are made to play! So everybody should stop playing on their computer and buy a Game Cube. And that's not advertisement. :D

As far as pirating is concerned, it can be divided in two categories: abandonware and normal pirating. There's no problem with abandonware, it's not bad to get a game that the company doesn't sell or support anymore. For the classic pirating, we won't easily stop it from day to day, so companies should learn to live with it: it might bring them down, but it's a little bit their fault, they shouldn't have become mad about profit and competition.

If in the future they calm down, distribute more equally the profits, also convincing themselves to allay the prices, then people may stop doing it.

Nope, Console gaming isn't the same as PC gaming...
http://www.ausfx.com/yabbse/index.php?board=19
Read some topics Consoles VS Pc...
PC wins, every god damn time.
A Game Cube is a console just like the Play Station 2.
And this one is powered by ATi graphics technology, don't remember the size of their processor.
By Adrien
Game Cube is quite like a PS2 (in slightly better though) but it's Nintendo, a brand full of history, fun, hits, not like Sony.

But for the Consoles vs PC thing, i was not talking of pure technical performances, just fun. I just love playing on a console, in front of my tv, with the famous pad in my hands, changing the game when i want, not having to go through a OS and all... Just a matter of taste. :)

However i make a little exception with computers: i love playing on my Atari STe. ;)
By Proctor
Sweeper, you didn't actually answer anything I said. Game developers ARE capitalists. So you are defending people you supposedly hate, while also attributing the problem to and I quote: "the capitalism". Capitalism isn't a huge void which sucks the money away from all the opressed proletarian workers such as yourself. And a capitalist is not necessarily a millionaire.

And to answer Sheep's question, the Game Cube is Nintendo's latest creation. But I would recommend the X Box or the PS2 over it. Out of interest, where are you from?
By Sweeper
Proctor wrote:Sweeper, you didn't actually answer anything I said. Game developers ARE capitalists. So you are defending people you supposedly hate, while also attributing the problem to and I quote: "the capitalism". Capitalism isn't a huge void which sucks the money away from all the opressed proletarian workers such as yourself. And a capitalist is not necessarily a millionaire.

And to answer Sheep's question, the Game Cube is Nintendo's latest creation. But I would recommend the X Box or the PS2 over it. Out of interest, where are you from?

The developer in themselves are men and women...
Heck, lets skip to the main thing.
The following info about capitalism is in the school book used in 2sk.

"Capitalism is about the man or woman in the family earns money for their family by selling their work power (Bad translation?) to the capitalists and therby getting money to feed their family"
There you go, so the developers I think of the coders, (I am one myself, hobby style) Capitalists are the publishers in my oppinion, their fat bosses that take all the money for NOTHING in my view.

I would have looked it better if the coders published it themselves but no they don't...
Unclear post maybe?
By Proctor
Alright, I understand now. Just out of clarification, 'work power' is a term Marx used. I know its a little ambiguous, but it actually has a different meaning to 'work'. Unless of course you do Physics as a subject, in which case power is the rate at which work is done...:/
By Sweeper
Proctor wrote:Alright, I understand now. Just out of clarification, 'work power' is a term Marx used. I know its a little ambiguous, but it actually has a different meaning to 'work'. Unless of course you do Physics as a subject, in which case power is the rate at which work is done...:/

Physics definition on work is a bit more for me but yeah I know, hey if you are a physics geek go here: www.ja-galaxy-forum.com and talk to a guy named TrailBlazer he is 100% hooked on physics.

Yeah I know it is wrong but I said (Bad Translation?) didn't I? ;)

@FiveofSwords According to two Dutchmen , the[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tsarism was the greater protector of the Christia[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]