For those Canadians opposed to the invasion of Iraq - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Proctor
I'm not sure what the situation in Canada is, but I'm getting really pissed off with the anti war protesters in New Zealand. Every day you hear about some dudes in Auckland and Wellington who decided to march down the main streets mucking everyone else about, for what? Helen Clark is opposed to war, and has always been opposed to war. The demonstrations seem to be just an excuse to protest something, and if its anti American, even better! :roll: Lamoids.

If they wanted to do something, write letters to the American/British/Australian/Spanish embassies, not screw people who are just trying to get on with their jobs around.
By Russian
I think that once the war has begun the protest have to stop unless some controversial aspect of the war emerges. Rarely do countries stop military actions that are already in progress. All these protestors are doing is creating unneeded tension and putting pressure on the US government to end the war faster, and that can lead to bad decision and can end up costing lives.
By Sheep...
What I find funny is that basically all the people at my school who oppose the war, have no deep thought out reason why to hate it; they all have cookie-cutter reasons on why they hate it ie "no blood for oil" . I don't oppose the war as people will die in the class struggle which this is, this will raise objections but the class war is all around as is the revolution. the only time they will reveal themselves is at the end of it all.
By GlobalJustice
No blood for oil? It depends how much oil we get. If we're talking less than 1000 pints of AB type blood for a couple million barrels of oil, heck, I'm for it. Now if its O-, the universal donor, we should keep it safe.

Sorry guys had to say it.

I am opposed to the war, but something an entire article along these lines was written as an editorial in the Onion, I couldn't find a link :?: they may have gotten rid of it.

Why do you accuse me of double standards? I wrote[…]

Wasn't that the Chinese? The history of firearms[…]

Women are by their nature not made for warfare for[…]

Still the demage was high: https://youtu.be/xirqc[…]