House Vote to End the Afghanistan War - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Friends Committee on National Legislation wrote:House Vote to End the Afghanistan War

On Thursday, your representative can take a stand against the war in Afghanistan. The House is scheduled to vote on a resolution that would require the president to withdraw all U.S. military troops by the end of this year.

The bipartisan resolution, introduced by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (OH), Walter Jones (NC), and nine others, is unlikely to pass, but the administration and congressional leaders will be closely following what individual members of Congress say during the two hours of floor debate and how many votes the resolution receives.

The vote comes as new polling suggests that a strong majority now wants the war to end. A Washington Post-ABC News poll published today finds that almost two-thirds of people in this country think that the United States should withdraw a “substantial number” of combat troops from Afghanistan this summer.

Take Action
Today or tomorrow, please call the Capitol Switchboard toll-free at 800-530-1748.

Your call will take less than a minute.

* Ask for your representative by name. Check our online congressional directory if you need to look up her or his name.

When you are connected to your representative’s office:

* Let the person who answers the phone know who you are and where you live.
* Urge the representative to vote “yes” on the Kucinich resolution (H.Con.Res. 28) calling for the withdrawal of U.S. military troops from Afghanistan.

Please ask 5 friends to also make a call today or tomorrow.

Your Phone Calls + 150 Lobbyists = A Clear Message

This vote in the House comes as thousands of people prepare to gather in Washington, DC this weekend to oppose the ongoing war in Afghanistan and Iraq. FCNL is also expecting at least 150 people at our Spring Lobby Weekend, which begins on Saturday.

These lobbyists will be on the Hill early next week urging the United States to abandon the failed U.S. war strategy in Afghanistan and work toward a new strategy based on:

* Beginning a withdrawal of U.S. troops,
* Halting offensive operations against the Taliban,
* Engaging Afghanistan's neighbors, and
* Channeling U.S. development aid through Afghan, multilateral organizations, and other civilian humanitarian organizations not working with military.
By MB.
I endorse this piece of legislation.
By Rich
It would be incredibly difficult for a Republican President to accept defeat in Afghanistan, impossible for a Democrat.
By Oxymoron
Defeat? The mission was to cripple Al Queda and run the Taliban from power. Mission accomplished the rest should be left to the Northen Alliance Warlords.
By Rich
Oxymoron wrote:Defeat? The mission was to cripple Al Queda and run the Taliban from power. Mission accomplished the rest should be left to the Northen Alliance Warlords.

No the central mission was to bring the Al Qa'ida leadership to justice - dead or live. I think they can be said to have failed in that.

The central purpose of 9/11 was to goad America into starting a war in Afghanistan that they couldn't win. Al Qa'ida's mission is looking plausible.

Israel is not the only country that allows the ex[…]

It shows that the Roman imposed diaspora was impe[…]

I wasn't sure where else I should post this , so I[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@noemon Litwin is not a troll but a sophistica[…]