To: President Obama - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Joben
A copy of the US Constitution. Yep, I just sent one to him. Perhaps he will understand what this country really is.
By Joben
Probably. However, the Constitution allows for such a prosperous country. Unfortunately, rampant Congresses of the past have diminished our true potential.
By Maxim Litvinov
Your constitution was just a document penned by a few blokes a few centuries ago. Treating it as much more is problematic.
By Joben
How is it problematic? The Constitution outlines a pretty damn close structure of a properly functioning government.
By Maxim Litvinov
The Constiution was a document written when society was very different and the world was very different. To the extent that it has served you well, it can be respected, but it would be foolish to treat it and the "founding fathers" as anything other than a bunch of blokes with their own agenda that didn't have perfect knowledge of their own times, let alone 2010.
By Joben
That's why there are Amendments.
By Maxim Litvinov
Again though, your system of amendments was brought in by other flawed individuals and can't really adapt to any new issues in a timely fashion.

Since Obama is a constitutional lawyer though, he could send the copy back with annotations if he had the time. Perhaps if he adopted the vacation regimen of the former president he would.
By Joben
What do you consider to be a timely fashion? I agree that the US Congress is littered with bi-partisan antics, which get in the way of true legislation.
By MB.
Joben wrote:the US Congress is littered with bi-partisan antics, which get in the way of true legislation.

You don't seem to understand what bipartisan means.
By QatzelOk
I just woke up, and went outside to smell the dew on the letters.

As I walked barefoot and without a destination, the paper of the morning constitution crunched under my damp, dewy feet.

Then I woke up and realized that the world isn't made of paper and phonetic symbols.
By sazerac
If anybody messes with our Constitution I will assassinate them.

That is the value of our Constitution.
By CounterChaos
If anybody messes with our Constitution I will assassinate them.

That is the value of our Constitution.

Ouch! It looks like sazerac has declared war on some Brits and Canadians.
By Rilzik
Joben wrote:the US Congress is littered with bi-partisan antics, which get in the way of true legislation.

MB. wrote:
You don't seem to understand what bipartisan means.

Bi-partisan means bisexual politics and congress is littered with it... not that there is anything wrong with that.

Maxim Litvinov - you make me want to say every thing evil thing about Australia so here goes : .... .... ... .. . So there! Ha!

Actually I love Australia, unfortunately unlike you, most of your countrymen love me back.

P.S. irrational nationalism involved in this post, with a bit of stupidity mixed in for good measure down under.

For those who think the attack by Hamas on October[…]

@wat0n , So this one event that justifies and […]

Nevzorov : "Watching a rape through monocles,[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Recognition of other countries of Palestine that […]