Should the UK ban the short form of language? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

What should've happen if the UK government introduces the new bill that allows the ban of short words to be in force across Southern England, followed by the UK in order to crackdown on it, because i have to explain (not trolling) to all of you that the use of short words in this country should've been wrong in the past and may have been wrong now. The people of this country must use the common wording instead, such as (as of the following, for example):

“gentleman” (“gentlemen”), “university” (“universities”), “congratulate” (“congratulations”), “problem” ("problems"), “favour”, (“favourite)”, “family (families)”, “preparation”, “prepare[d]”, “development (develop)”, “January”, “February”, “collaborate” (“collaboration”/“collaborator”), pre-visual (“pre visualisation”), “pre-production”, “people”, “second” ("seconds"), “Liberal Democrat” ("Liberal Democrats"), "holiday" ("holidays"), "executive" ("executive"). "generation". "Glastonbury". "obvious" ("obviously").

This should be a game changer but, before we can alter the past, we must learn lessons over the offensive and discriminatory use of short words (which is different to racism and harmful stereotypes as in today) before any investigation taken place and possible criminal charges with careful consideration (and also convictions) against people who discriminatory using short words may alter the course of human language history before the new law coming into force this year where possible because it is not acceptable to use every short word in a world we live because it make me feel so angry but also very upsetting (but also ending up hitting myself on a head due to my autism and nothing to do with mental health problems) and therefore all of you in this country (including everyday life and media) should discontinue use short words because it's also irritating me too. The use of short words may become likely to be harmful or wrong in the world we're living and it is unlikely to affect civil rights nor communication nor language but it is my right for ask the government to introduce the new law to honour myself in attempt to remove all of the short words in everyday life and in the world of media (including TV, radio, film, books, music, streaming, social media, podcasts, video gaming, articles, and newspapers) if by law and it is possible that archive material - including the 1977 Christmas special of Some Mothers Do Have Them - and modern projects (including the Simon Pegg's sci-fi movie The World's End and a 2018 BBC Music documentary, Bros: After the Screaming Stops, about the 80s band's reunion preparations in 2017) needs to be withdrawn from distribution over short words that used in the past. It also includes the possible removal of two Doctor Who episodes, due to the discriminatory short form language, that were part of Series 11 in 2018. The removal of short words must also happen in advertising, businesses, public houses, restaurants, and other premises in Southern England (making it the first country in the world to do so). However, i would say that it's likely for the investigation watchdog to look into it in building and telling the people some questions about the use of short words which may be likely to become harmful to myself (as I got very angry and upset by hitting myself in a head over discriminatory short words due to my autism but not mental health) for the past five years and therefore it is not acceptable for people to use the short form language in modern human history but i will continue to impose sanctions over short words until the governmental investigation and a new bill must come immediately. Although it should be a good idea, further precautions and care considerations may likely be taken first to ensure that it doesn't cause implications on human language and society beforehand. I believe that the government must be taken to account and to ask humanity to be held accountable over short words. That should be made possible, but if the short form of language are banned in Southern England and around the world, it could alter the course of human history and language for the generations both old & new - whenever you're a college/academic student or work people - but also society and freedom of speech forever!!!

By the way, i contacted Channel 4 two weeks ago about my issues with short words everywhere but (on 17th June) Channel 4 became the first broadcaster to have my voice heard and to understand my distress due to this. In a statement, Peter Lynas; who works with the broadcaster via its Viewers Enquiries; have said to me: We're sorry to read of any distress caused by the use of short form language on our programming. Please be assured, your concerns have been noted. That's the whole point.
late wrote:Long, long time ago, Brits banned French words, and the French banned English words.

As you may have guessed, didn't work.

Languages change over time, as the way people use it changes...

Look it must work because these short words are getting too much for me and causing myself to get upset even more and i told people on my Twitter account to stop using those words immediately!!!
Puffer Fish wrote:How about just make it legal for private employers to discriminate against them if they talk like a lower class bumpkin?

Wotchoo talkin’ ‘bout? :eh:
Potemkin wrote:Wotchoo talkin’ ‘bout? :eh:

Gentlemen, that's enough!!! I need both of you to be more respective than usual. I made a petition at Change.org (if you're interested into: https://www.change.org/p/ban-short-forms-of-language-in-southern-england-the-uk) to ask the UK government to enter a new law to prevent short form language from existence in the UK. For evidence, see my history of it at https://twitter.com/precious_callum/with_replies
@CallumPrecious1

How short is short? One letter, two letters, three letters, four ...? Would a five-letter abbreviation be acceptable?

For example:

AOABH is an initialism of 'assault occasioning actual bodily harm.'
CallumPrecious1 wrote:
Look it must work because these short words are getting too much for me and causing myself to get upset even more and i told people on my Twitter account to stop using those words immediately!!!

You'll get over it.
Potemkin wrote:Wotchoo talkin’ ‘bout? :eh:

For the confused.

Short Form English

Acronyms

An acronym is a word that is made up of the first letter of a group of words and is read like a single word. For example, NATO is pronounced as a single word, making it an acronym.

Initialisms

Initialisms are similar to acronyms, except that each letter is read individually. For example, RSVP is an initialism, as you say each letter one by one.

Portmanteaus

A portmanteau is a combination of two words, such as motel being a motor hotel.

Clipped words

Clipped words are some of the most common types of abbreviations, as they are just shortened words. For example, abbreviating January as 'Jan' is an example of a clipped word.

Contractions

Contractions are two or three words combined with the use of apostrophes, such as won’t, should’ve, or couldn’t’ve.

Of course, this being English, there are more types of abbreviations - Syllabic abbreviations, not to be confused with portmanteaus, are one subset; numeronyms another - but these five are by far the most common, and enough to be going on with.

CallumPrecious1 wrote:short words are getting too much for me

For @CallumPrecious1

Long Form English

Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl...isoleucine' is the chemical name of 'titin' (also known as 'connectin') - the largest known protein.

It has 189,819 letters.

:)
Why indeed it makes sense to not allow a short form of a word with 189,819 letters ... for people who make such proposals, and they have to write this word once every day, and without error or they have to retry. :lol:
ChatGPT to the rescue:

OMG, seriously, anti-short form language policies are just cray! Like, why do peeps gotta be so uptight about short forms? They're totes fab and have become a legit part of our modern lingo. It's all about expressing ourselves in a way that's quick, snappy, and on point, ya know?

I mean, who has time for long-winded phrases when we can totes get the same message across with short forms? It's all about efficiency, yo! Short forms are like the MVPs of communication, allowing us to save time, fit more words into those limited character counts, and keep things fresh and funky.

And let's not forget how short forms add flavor and personality to our convos. They're like the secret sauce that makes language lit! From LOLs and ROFLs to BTWs and OMGs, short forms inject that extra dose of fun and expressiveness into our everyday convos. They're like linguistic emojis, adding that extra zing to our digital interactions.

Anti-short form policies just don't get it. They're stuck in the stone age, clinging to outdated rules that stifle our creativity and freedom of expression. It's like they're trying to kill our linguistic vibes and turn us into boring robots who can only communicate in full sentences. No thx, I'd rather stay woke and embrace the beauty of short forms.

Plus, short forms are like language evolution in action. They're the result of our ever-changing digital landscape and the need to adapt to new modes of communication. It's like a linguistic revolution, man! Trying to suppress short forms is like fighting against progress and keeping language trapped in the past. We gotta move with the times and embrace the linguistic swag that short forms bring.

So, let's rebel against these anti-short form policies! Let's reclaim our linguistic freedom and rock those short forms like a boss. Don't let anyone dull your linguistic shine, peeps. Short forms are here to stay, and they're gonna slay!
Guys!!! Seriously!!! These short form language you use is not acceptable because over the weekend i was very angry due to this. How about we should say the word "people", "fabulous", "celebrities", "gentlemen", "universities" ("university") etc.

I made a video about it just now, so if you want to watch it, please read this video immediately by clicking: [PLEASE READ] Should the UK ban short form language this year?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k There[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]