American foriegn policy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Sapper
I just got finished reading this week's News Week. There was a very good article that I read (that I didn't agree with before I read it) about how America's foriegn policy is ticking everyone off.

What I basically got from it is that if America humbled pretended as if it where the weakest nation in the world, and always helped out other countries when they needed it (or at least when it was possible), then more people would like us. Is this not right? Would a humbled America not be better?

~Sapper
By gqtie
First do no harm. The first step for US government is to stop participating in terrorism.

You'd be pissed if 1.5 million Americans perished at the behest of Saddam Hussein.

If America "humbled" itself it would quickly become the weakest nation. A country does not become a superpower through generosity and humanitarianism.

A democratic, disarmed, and humbled US, UK, Spain, Iraq, Israel, Russia, France, etc. would be better.
By Adrien
They can be humble without being weak, they only have to know which are the limits not to be exceeded.

Developing the musket, though, probably did. Was[…]

I am not going to debate someone else’s perceptio[…]

...Except when they would be massacred/plundered p[…]

NATO defended Israel against Iranian Attack with 2[…]