The State should be run by the principle of original sin - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The cause of all suffering is caused by desiring, wanting, etc.

And since suffering is not desirable or desired, the cause of suffering is bad.

And since nothing bad is desired, suffering, caused by desire and wanting, is morally incorrect.

The stronger the desire, therefore, the more incorrect it is morally.

When a desire is not or cannot be satisfied, we suffer.

The cause of this suffering (in most cases) is the desire of someone or something else. (Or, to be less vague, I mean this in two ways: the cause of suffering is the desire of other people, whether collectively or individually--the desires that conflict with our own desires; and our desire for other people and other things.)

For example, a criminal prisoner suffers because he desires to be free, and the cause of his suffering is the justified desire of the people to imprison criminals.

Since anything that is the result of something bad is necessarily bad (otherwise it would not be bad to begin with, because its result would be something good), and since a child is the result of desire, which is the cause of suffering and therefore bad and morally incorrect, and since whatever is the result of something bad is bad, all children are bad, ie., sinful.

The State, therefore, should assume the natural, unalterable sinfulness of all people, and punish them always accordingly. Life should be punishment. It makes us strong, and builds character. (By "punishment" is not meant severe punishment--rigorous education seems fitting to me with regards to original sin.)
By CasX
Is this Buddhist?

Also, it sounds like you just want to take the fun out of everything :p
By Ixa
CasX wrote:Is this Buddhist?

Also, it sounds like you just want to take the fun out of everything :p

Education as punishment.
By Ixa
Proctor wrote:Whatever happened to learning for its own sake?

Learning is wonderful. I love to learn. My eyes are invariably perusing the contents of books. I am always learning.

But I mean education as punishment ALL THE TIME for everyone for being sinful. (Not that I believe that they are sinful myself.) Children spending their entire days and nights copying dictionaries and the sort verbatim onto their notebook. All day and all night. Without end. This is their punishment for being ORIGINALLY sinful from birth...and even before it.
By redstar2000
Yes, this is based on Buddhist premises...though few Buddhists would be comfortable with the conclusions.

Supernius conflates "suffering from desire" in the Buddhist sense with "original sin" (propensity to do evil) in the Judeo-Christian sense.

Thus all "deserve" punishment and even torture, in a Derridian sense, is "education," for the victim, the torturer, and the observer. Consequently, why shouldn't education be torture?

And why anyone should take any of this nonsense seriously is completely beyond me.

:smokin:

Rubio backs Trump deportation plan, reversing pre[…]

soon in Moscow, Omsk and FREE Kazan´? https://x.c[…]

Because they not serve as replicas of Israel: an[…]

That must be very fun for you to think until you […]