Stalin and paranoia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'm sure we have all heard the "Stalin killed 1/3 of the officers", and "he was paranoid" statements. I would wonder what Ixabert and the other communists think about this. Do you refuse to accept this so-called fact? Do you have any reasonable conclusion why he killed 1/3 of the officers, if you believe that is a fact, that is?
By Spin
Of course Stalin was paranoid. IX will say that his purges were necessary and that the USSR was full of people who would wreck it. Under Stalin the USSR became a desirable place to live for about 10 people.
By jaakko
How have you concluded this "1/3 of officers killed"? It's completely ridiculous.
By Ixa
I wrote an essay refuting the myth of Stalin's paranoia, but I cannot find it. I posted it at Soviet-Empire, but it no longer exists.
Twaska wrote:I'm sure we have all heard the "Stalin killed 1/3 of the officers", and "he was paranoid" statements. I would wonder what Ixabert and the other communists think about this. Do you refuse to accept this so-called fact? Do you have any reasonable conclusion why he killed 1/3 of the officers, if you believe that is a fact, that is?

For a refutation of Stalin's paranoia read:
http://www.geocities.com/redcomrades/chap1.html
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Em ... error.html
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Em ... revis.html
Of course Stalin was paranoid. IX will say that his purges were necessary and that the USSR was full of people who would wreck it.

No, I would not say that.
By Maxim Litvinov
Well, the thing is you could probably talk to some of the '7 million Ukrainians murdered by Stalin'.

You understand?
By Ixa
UkrainianNationalist wrote:if you want paranoia, talk to the 7 million Ukrainians murdered by Stalin...

A typical Ukrainian Nationalist lie. Zeus knows how many times we have discussed the Ukrainian famine here...
By Napuljun
Stalin acted the way he did (terrorized the people) because he wanted his reforms to be implimented without critiscism thus in the future, by this he he would become a great communist dictator in the history books. For example when Lenin started economic refomrs the people 'revolted' and so he made the NEP. Stalin wanted to go with his reforms untouched.

+ Another factor.

Stalin ws afraid of being ousted from power. Trostky stated that to bring back the workign people in power another revolution must be doen and Stalin was paranoid about this. So he evaded the 'revolution' which Trostky stated by terror.
By Ixa
Napuljun wrote:Stalin acted the way he did (terrorized the people) because he wanted his reforms to be implimented without critiscism thus in the future, by this he he would become a great communist dictator in the history books. For example when Lenin started economic refomrs the people 'revolted' and so he made the NEP. Stalin wanted to go with his reforms untouched.

+ Another factor.

again you attribute powers to Stalin he did not have.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]