Arrowhead - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Ignominious
I have an arrowhead that my Grandfather gave to me, that my great-grandfather found by a river. I was wondering if there was anyway that I, or anyone else could find out how old it is.

I know 100% that it is an arrowhead, or spear tip. It was broken, so the bottom "fins" arent there like the typical projectile points that are found.

It is a black Chert, that shows, on one side, the outermost greyish layer of the chert, a perfect example of how they used to make tools, from chert, by flint napping (knocking of chips of the chert, and sharpening them to be the tool).

Any help would be... helpful. Thanks
By Adrien
Even if Indiana Jones was around here, i think a photo would be useful. ;)
By Ignominious
Sorry, I cant get a pic

a) I cant get my scanner working
and
b) I dont have a web server that I can upload the pic to.

Can anyone give me a source that shows you how you can date it, or can someone tell me something that I can do to date it?
By Boondock Saint
Do u have a local muesem that u can go to?

Or a local historical society?

Really thats the only way to find out how old it is ... or u could just hold onto it and do as your forefathers have done ...

In the end does it really matter the origin? What matters now is the familial importance of the object ...

With that said I fully understand the curiousity of its origins, good luck finding out.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]