Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 58 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:Prove they didn't use English as the lingua franca then....

I never said English has never been used as the lingua franca. But it was the British, not the Arabs or Jews that labeled those sewers in English. The British ruled the area after WWI from 1917 until 1948.
Hindsite wrote:I never said English has never been used as the lingua franca. But it was the British, not the Arabs or Jews that labeled those sewers in English. The British ruled the area after WWI from 1917 until 1948.

I'm sure Skinster will correct you on this. Have you any specific proof it was exactly the British?

I am researching further and will get back to you myself soon.
colliric wrote:I'm sure Skinster will correct you on this. Have you any specific proof it was exactly the British?

I am researching further and will get back to you myself soon.

No. However, it is common sense. It is all written in English, nothing in Arabic or Hebrew. The British and English speakers have referred to the area as Palestine for centuries and there was no need for Muslim Arabs to label the sewer in English before the British took control in 1917. The Jews living there before then understood and spoke Arabic, which is very close to Hebrew. It is the British that only understood English. This does not prove there was ever a Palestinian state just because the British called the area Palestine, similar to the name "Syria Palaestina" given to the area by the Romans. The British were the first to call the people Palestinians.
Hindsite wrote:Looks like tax dollars put to good use.
HalleluYah

With all due respect, I do think some use of tax dollars should be refrained if it generates too much controversy or might breach the role a nation should play. There must be someone out there who oppose using tax money to conduct potentially immoral killings of foreigners.

I prefer some "dirty work", if needs be done, to be executed by (at least nominally) politically independent entities.

In some sense, the terrorists operate much more wisely than established nations.
Patrickov wrote:In some sense, the terrorists operate much more wisely than established nations.

However, Islamic terrorists do not operate morally. I doubt if they even understand what is moral, since they represent an Antichrist religion of Satan. Jewish Israel at least knows what is moral.
Hindsite wrote:However, Islamic terrorists do not operate morally. I doubt if they even understand what is moral, since they represent an Antichrist religion of Satan. Jewish Israel at least knows what is moral.

Frankly I don't care too much about this, especially after Trump has showed us how to deal with evil powers effectively.

Means are means. It only matters how you use it and whether you succeed in that aim.
Patrickov wrote:Frankly I don't care too much about this, especially after Trump has showed us how to deal with evil powers effectively.

Means are means. It only matters how you use it and whether you succeed in that aim.

The end justifies the means. Perhaps that is what Jesus would think.
Hindsite wrote:The end justifies the means.

My previous post effectively means I agree with this more often than not, although there are occasions when I believe that means are more important, especially if many of them bring to the same end.
Hindsite wrote:However, Islamic terrorists do not operate morally. I doubt if they even understand what is moral, since they represent an Antichrist religion of Satan. Jewish Israel at least knows what is moral.

Judaism is a false religion, every bit the ''antichrist religion of Satan'' as Islam or Buddhism is for that matter (I actually think Buddhism is worse in a certain sense but that's another topic). I think that you're blinded by your worship of Israel and the Jews so much that you are losing sight of Christ.

Judaism says Jesus of Nazareth is in Gehenna, was a Sorcerer who led all Israel astray, and his mother a whore. Islam says that Jesus of Nazareth is a Prophet. Both are terribly wrong in specific ways, but one is worse, take your pick.

There's little morality in either side of this conflict, but there's more natural justice on one side than another.
annatar1914 wrote:Judaism is a false religion, every bit the ''antichrist religion of Satan'' as Islam or Buddhism is for that matter (I actually think Buddhism is worse in a certain sense but that's another topic). I think that you're blinded by your worship of Israel and the Jews so much that you are losing sight of Christ.

Judaism says Jesus of Nazareth is in Gehenna, was a Sorcerer who led all Israel astray, and his mother a whore. Islam says that Jesus of Nazareth is a Prophet. Both are terribly wrong in specific ways, but one is worse, take your pick.

There's little morality in either side of this conflict, but there's more natural justice on one side than another.

God has blinded the Jews temporarily for my sake.
Praise the Lord.
annatar1914 wrote:People who are blind to God are not moral, do not have a proper grip on reality. So your comment is a contradiction.

I did not say the Jews were blinded to God. I said they were blinded by God, and it was only temporarily, in part, so I, as a gentile, could come to accept Christ as my savior. The Jews were blinded to Jesus (Yahshua) as their messiah, but never to God's moral law of the Ten Commandments, even if they could not keep them anymore that the rest of us could not keep them.
If Judaism is false religion so is Christianity
Judaism weas there first and christianity just copy pasted and added some stuff
same with Islam

BTW Im atheist so religious discussions are pointless to me but its funny to see how someone think other religion is "false" without looking at his own religion and without considering the lack of evidence that there are
Zionist Nationalist wrote:If Judaism is false religion so is Christianity
Judaism weas there first and christianity just copy pasted and added some stuff
same with Islam

Second Temple Judaism is not Rabbinic(/Talmudic/Modern) Judaism.....

Do you believe Satan is the head of the Nephilim and was booted from Heaven? That he fell to earth and became the ruler of Gehenna/Hinnom/Hell, No? You only believe he is "Evil Inclination" & figurative?

Christianity did not come from Rabbinic Judaism, so yeah your Denomination of Judaism is younger than Christianity(which is descended from Second Temple Pre-Talmudic Galilian-form Judaism) and was kind of not there first. In fact the Talmud was basically written as an anti-christianity work.

BTW Im atheist so religious discussions are pointless to me but its funny to see how someone think other religion is "false" without looking at his own religion and without considering the lack of evidence that there are

Yes but you always weirdly defend Judaism as "superior" though. You are most certainly a believer in Zionism(and as far as I'm concerned it's a religion!).
colliric wrote:Yes but you always weirdly defend Judaism as "superior" though. You are most certainly a believer in Zionism(and as far as I'm concerned it's a religion!).

With all due respect, Zionism is a political ideology or movement, not a religion. How some people show religious behaviour in their advocation of the said political movement is another matter.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]