Anti-Semitism rising across West as result of 'populism and isolationism' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Independent wrote:Jewish people in Europe are suffering from a virulent wave of anti-Semitism amid a rise in dangerous political extremism that is threatening to divide societies, a senior leader of the community will warn in a meeting with the Pope on International Holocaust Remembrance Day, The Independent has learned.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 20.44.35.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 20.44.35.png (558.8 KiB) Viewed 2724 times

Ahead of his meeting with Pope Francis on Friday, Dr Moshe Kantor, the head of the European Jewish Congress, will also speak to the European Parliament about the “deep concern” being felt at rise of intolerant “populism and isolationism running through the democracies of the West”. He will urge that “all governments across Europe and the voters at home to stand-up to right-wing extremism and challenge the hatred...and eradicate this cancer.”

The call comes at a time when the EU is under huge pressure, with Brexit and the rise of parties, some openly racist, which were once on the fringes of politics. Elections due to be held in France, the Netherlands and Germany are likely to see gains made by hard-right parties who say they have been energised by the triumph of Donald Trump in the US following a campaign widely accused of pandering to bigotry and intolerance.

Dr Kantor said: “It is truly disturbing that in living memory of the Holocaust, today in Europe we have a situation where the far right in gaining popularity in every major country on the continent. It is once more becoming acceptable in polite circles to openly make anti-Semitic, xenophobic and bigoted remarks, all under the cloak of national patriotism.

“As we mark 72 years since the Holocaust, we must reflect on where extremism takes our society and what needs to be done to eradicate this cancer. When we look inwards as a people we risk alienating the minorities in our midst. As the leader of Europe’s Jews this concerns me. When minorities are alienated, history tells us in its blood-stained pages that it is usually the Jews who lead the suffering.”

Dr Kantor stressed that it was not just the far right which was fuelling anti-Semitism. “The Jewish community in Europe is under attack from the far right, the far left and radical Islamists. As ever, the only common cause between these groups is hatred of Jews,” he said.

Pope Francis has also warned against the rise in populism and the dangers of instability which once ushered in the reigns of Hitler and other dictators.

“Crises provoke fear, alarm. In my opinion, the most obvious example of European populism is Germany in 1933. Germany is broken, it needs to get up, to find its identity, a leader, someone capable of restoring its character, and there is a young man called Adolf Hitler who says ‘I can, I can’,” reminded the Pope.

During the presidential campaign Pope Francis expressed his dismay at some of the statements being made by Mr Trump on issues such as the plan to build a wall on the Mexican border. But speaking last week he said: “I don’t like to get ahead of myself, nor judge people prematurely. We will see how he acts, what he does, then I will have an opinion.”

Independent
I haven't seen statistics, but on this board it's almost entirely white right-wingers coming on and making claims about conspiracy theories stemming from George Soros or the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

There is, of course, anti-semitism in the Arab world as well, I'm not denying this. But from what I've observed, the anti-semitism in the West has been homegrown.
You're right in the old days we just fucking shoot them, lets go back to that.

Let's don't. I am really good with my 357, but damn it is loud. I prefer we have a quiet discussion about things. ;)
Semitism is a disgusting racist ideology that the creator of the universe gave his instructions to humanity in a Semitic tongue. Both Judaism and Islam are variants of this hideous belief system. They ascribe prejudicial superiority to particular Semitic races. Christianity is also a form of Semitism, although it was mixed in with higher Western / European philosophy. There was horrible bigotry by Judaists against Gentiles in Judea / Israel prior to their liberation by Alexander the Great and then the Romans.

Jews still have the audacity to complain about their treatment in Medieval Europe, when they were hugely privileged and allowed freedoms denied to the Pagans living in fear under the Christian jackboot. The murderous bigotry of the Medieval Christians was just an extension of the murderous bigotry of their Jewish predecessors under Josiah and 2nd Temple Judaism. Both Christianity and Islam were started by Jews. The fact that they turned on the adherents to the preceding form of Judaism and started murdering them is no differnet to what Josiah did when he turned on the preceding form of Judaism and vandalised the high places.

What ISIS are doing to our historic monuments today is no different to what Josiah did two and half thousand years ago.
Anti-Semitism is rising because jews are overwhelmingly left wing outside of Israel, as a high IQ group with strong in-group preferences they are overrepresented in certain sectors of society (finance, academia, media, and law), and are essentially using the liberal values and pluralism of the west to push anti-national, open society ideas that disproportionately hurt the native working class, which is more prone to illiberal, authoritarian ideologies. It's a recipe for disaster.
Basically because of the Israeli imperialism, its aggression in the Middle East, the Zionists have created this anti-semitism around the world. The Zionists want all the followers of Judaism to emigrate to Israel, and this is what is happening.
layman wrote:Seems unlikely as Israel has been expanding for decades the rise is relatively recent.

I think you are just incapable or discussing the subject without linking it to the Palestinians because that is all you can associate with Jews in your mind.

Funnily enough, personally, just because the Zionists follow Judaism is besides the point. I had very similar feelings about the apartheid in South Africa. Injustice is injustice and that's the bottom line.
The treatment of the Palestinians by the Zionists has become evident and topical in the last thirty or so years. The Zionist imperialism has created this anti Israeli feeling not just with the Arabs. I am pretty sure that if the Zionists had withdrawn to the pre 67 borders, then the Middle East wouldn't be where it is now and there wouldn't be this rise in anti semitism. Remember, I was pro Israeli until it came to my notice that the Zionists were persecuting Palestinians with their brand of apartheid.
Donald wrote:To be fair to left-wing diaspora Jews, many of them are vehemently anti-Zionist, which at least is consistent. It's when they push for multiculturalism in the West while pushing for racial heterogeneity in Israel that it gets a little bit cartoonish.

I keep reading it, but in reality Soros is operating also in Israel and there is a huge problem of illegal immigrants from Africa, which Israel doesn't want but Soros and lefty NGO's (mostly financed by EU) are trying to impose them on Israel. Such comment also appears in Kevin Macdonald books, but they are false. The Jewish Lefties of today are anti Zionists as was shown by Bernie Sanders and his Jewish supporters.
Beren wrote:
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
antisemitism is on rise because of massive Muslim infiltration to europe

:lol:

Why the smiley? The Jews don't take seriously the East European antisemitism, including the noisy groups in Hungary. It looks something out of time and not relevant and the small Jewish community there as anachronism. Right now there is quite substantial exodus from France to Israel because of Arab harassment and European indifference. The only antisemitism that is relevant today and which is more lethal and serious is the cooperation between the Muslims in Europe and their fellow travelers in the left.
Last edited by noir on 26 Jan 2017 15:30, edited 2 times in total.

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]

A haplotype is just determined by specific dna on[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]

...All of our geopolitical enemies are portrayed […]