US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Tainari88 wrote:@Deutschmania tell the truth, you are right now getting ready to go on a date with some woman who might be a Trump moron in disguise. But, you will give her the benefit of the doubt? Dí la verdad. AHORA.

I am smiling as I tease you Deustchmania. :lol:

Ah , that would be a match made in hell . :eek: I realize that you are just kidding , but given my own political alignment , for me to be romantically involved with such a post-fascist , who passes for a conservative now of days :roll: , would be all the more of a misalliance than that of the marriage of James Carville and Mary Matalin .
Hi @Deutschmania I think Trump just might win the presidential election. If he does not? He will claim it was stolen and stage a coup and take over the government anyway.

And I think the USA will finally become what it has foisted in the past.

I always tell people, that the behavior you allow to occur in other nations and do not correct from the nation doing the wrongdoing will eventually become part of their domestic policy as well. And that is what is happening.

I just hope social security is not privatized or cut off and crazy extreme hatred of any public programs is eliminated. But, the future is interesting. I think it is time for people to realize that activism from the indifferent is critical now.
Tainari88 wrote:Hi @Deutschmania I think Trump just might win the presidential election. If he does not? He will claim it was stolen and stage a coup and take over the government anyway.

And I think the USA will finally become what it has foisted in the past.

I always tell people, that the behavior you allow to occur in other nations and do not correct from the nation doing the wrongdoing will eventually become part of their domestic policy as well. And that is what is happening.

I just hope social security is not privatized or cut off and crazy extreme hatred of any public programs is eliminated. But, the future is interesting. I think it is time for people to realize that activism from the indifferent is critical now.

I myself have been filled with a sense of "weltschmerz " . It can feel overwhelming to have to deal with a prevailing social system that is so unsound , and seems so uncaring , especially in the face of such problems as poverty and plague . But I just keep in mind the value of revolutionary optimism . That no matter how adverse the state of affairs in the world at large gets , a better world is possible , if we all work together to build it . I think though that if your prediction of a tyrannical dictatorship were to ever come to be , the United States would then not only have its chickens coming home to roost , in terms of becoming its own sort of despotic banana republic , but also in response could be met with a color revolution , such as has been used to destabilize other countries that don't fit with the model of neo-liberal democracy . Gene Sharp has laid out just such a tactical system of non-violent resistance , that might be effective against a potential Trump regime , in his book entitled "From Dictatorship to Democracy" . If such methods can be used in the service of furthering the interests of American imperialism , then it should be able also to subvert the United States , and its military industrial complex .

Deutschmania wrote:I myself have been filled with a sense of "weltschmerz " . It can feel overwhelming to have to deal with a prevailing social system that is so unsound , and seems so uncaring , especially in the face of such problems as poverty and plague . But I just keep in mind the value of revolutionary optimism . That no matter how adverse the state of affairs in the world at large gets , a better world is possible , if we all work together to build it . I think though that if your prediction of a tyrannical dictatorship were to ever come to be , the United States would then not only have its chickens coming home to roost , in terms of becoming its own sort of despotic banana republic , but also in response could be met with a color revolution , such as has been used to destabilize other countries that don't fit with the model of neo-liberal democracy . Gene Sharp has laid out just such a tactical system of non-violent resistance , that might be effective against a potential Trump regime , in his book entitled "From Dictatorship to Democracy" . If such methods can be used in the service of furthering the interests of American imperialism , then it should be able also to subvert the United States , and its military industrial complex .

The technology is out there to control the citizenry very well. A lot of surveillance by the state itself is going to be the way the powerful enforce the status quo.

But your optimism is correct. Everything built and invented by a human mind can also destroy it and replace it. That is the key to true freedom and change. Something is oppressive in nature? You can replace it with something that promotes freedom instead.

If you hate being eavesdropped upon and spied on? I am sure there will be some software pirate selling privacy software to subvert the surveillance police of the state. That is also human.
@Tainari88

The star witness in the 'disqualify Fani Willis' case has refused to pull the trigger on his smoking gun.

So if nothing else turns up to derail the Georgia shitshow, it looks like Mr. Trump will be ruling America from a prison cell.

:lol:
I see Trump has managed to even further undermine his campaign chances lol for no apparent reason whatsoever. So what Trump is saying here is that 25-33% of Republican electorate shouldn't vote for him? What is in his head sometimes, what the hell. Couple of more statements like this and Biden won't even need independents anymore and just registered voters will do. :knife:

skinster wrote::D

Haha, I don't know why she's being such a baby, she is a conspiracy theorist.

BBC bang on again, bless them!
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/pepedownunder/status/1765339928282767641

So who is the candidate to vote then? Biden or Trump? Last time I checked both Democrats and Republicans support Israel, not sure anymore who is the "heavier" supporter.
JohnRawls wrote:I see Trump has managed to even further undermine his campaign chances lol for no apparent reason whatsoever. So what Trump is saying here is that 25-33% of Republican electorate shouldn't vote for him? What is in his head sometimes, what the hell. Couple of more statements like this and Biden won't even need independents anymore and just registered voters will do. :knife:

I don't know. People just don't give a shit and will still vote Trump.
Rancid wrote:I don't know. People just don't give a shit and will still vote Trump.

Yes a lot will but some won't. That is relevant. Her electorate is like 25-33% of the Republican party by the looks of it. Not all that voted for Trump vs Hailey were ardent Trumpists but still. 10% of 33% is 3.3% etc. How many will go vote for Biden because of this? 50%? Probably not. 40%? I doubt it. 30%? Unlikely but may be already. 20-10% Seems to be a reasonable number. So thats somewhere between 3.3%-6.6% Republicans. That quite a lot considering he looses and Biden gains. That is like a huge swing. That before we even talk about what it says to all other independent voters basically who don't vote in preliminaries and who are not registered voters. It tells them also to fuck off basically.

That is not a solid election strategy. Trumpists are basically 10-20% of American public. The rest are not.
JohnRawls wrote:
Yes a lot will but some won't. That is relevant. Her electorate is like 25-33% of the Republican party by the looks of it. Not all that voted for Trump vs Hailey were ardent Trumpists but still. 10% of 33% is 3.3% etc. How many will go vote for Biden because of this? 50%? Probably not. 40%? I doubt it. 30%? Unlikely but may be already. 20-10% Seems to be a reasonable number. So thats somewhere between 3.3%-6.6% Republicans. That quite a lot considering he looses and Biden gains. That is like a huge swing. That before we even talk about what it says to all other independent voters basically who don't vote in preliminaries and who are not registered voters. It tells them also to fuck off basically.

That is not a solid election strategy. Trumpists are basically 10-20% of American public. The rest are not.

I hope you are right.
The only real problem for Biden is actually not Trump himself but Kennedy. IF Kennedy wasn't in the picture then I would say Biden would win almost 99,9% but he hurts his electorate too much for some reason I can't understand. Kennedy is a conspiracy theorist crackpot though if I remember correctly.
ingliz wrote:@Tainari88

The star witness in the 'disqualify Fani Willis' case has refused to pull the trigger on his smoking gun.

So if nothing else turns up to derail the Georgia shitshow, it looks like Mr. Trump will be ruling America from a prison cell.

:lol:

Even if Fanni Willis was taken off the case, it wouldn't make the case go away. It would just continue with someone else. At best, this is just another delay tactic by Trump.

JohnRawls wrote:The only real problem for Biden is actually not Trump himself but Kennedy. IF Kennedy wasn't in the picture then I would say Biden would win almost 99,9% but he hurts his electorate too much for some reason I can't understand. Kennedy is a conspiracy theorist crackpot though if I remember correctly.

I wonder who are the morons that are going to vote for Kennedy. Probably people that love random podcasts with the same group of people all interviewing each other.
Tainari88 wrote:Hi @Deutschmania I think Trump just might win the presidential election. If he does not? He will claim it was stolen and stage a coup and take over the government anyway.

It depends on how many of his supporters are willing to take up arms. The good news is that the far right in America is loaded with fake tough guys.

What do the tweets say? Read them? They have ex[…]

Dude, YouTube is your source? You are not a serio[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]