Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 864 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

So Georgia gets sanctioned now for introducing a law that the USA has, that many other countries have, that Russia has.

That if your organization is financed by entities outside of the country, that you have to publically admit that and will be officially labeled a foreign agent.

Best reason for sanctions ever.

But I disagree with Scott Ritter here.

https://rumble.com/v4xkigb-america-is-n ... orgia.html

The USA IS the friend of Ukraine. Or my own country, Germany, too.

But the USA is just that kind of friend that you no longer need any enemy.

And after all this time that my country, Germany, helped Ukraine to destroy itself, what did Russia ever do to us ? So far nothing.

The USA blew up our Nordstream pipelines. They talked about it before, they openly threatened to do it, they are one of the few parties who has the means (Ukraine isnt in that small club, by the way), they had motive, and they had no word of surprise or condolence, no they rejoiced about it afterwards and told us we can now buy their horrendously overpriced fracking gas instead.

And now they expect Europe to take over financing Ukraine until its gone and destroyed because the USA wants to fight China.

The USA is everyones friend, but it is the only kind of friend the USA knows about - the kind that you dont need any enemies.

If you want to be a sovereign state, the only option that the USA gives you is being their enemy.
Negotiator wrote:So Georgia gets sanctioned now for introducing a law that the USA has, that many other countries have, that Russia has.

That if your organization is financed by entities outside of the country, that you have to publically admit that and will be officially labeled a foreign agent.

Best reason for sanctions ever.

But I disagree with Scott Ritter here.

https://rumble.com/v4xkigb-america-is-n ... orgia.html

The USA IS the friend of Ukraine. Or my own country, Germany, too.

But the USA is just that kind of friend that you no longer need any enemy.

And after all this time that my country, Germany, helped Ukraine to destroy itself, what did Russia ever do to us ? So far nothing.

The USA blew up our Nordstream pipelines. They talked about it before, they openly threatened to do it, they are one of the few parties who has the means (Ukraine isnt in that small club, by the way), they had motive, and they had no word of surprise or condolence, no they rejoiced about it afterwards and told us we can now buy their horrendously overpriced fracking gas instead.

And now they expect Europe to take over financing Ukraine until its gone and destroyed because the USA wants to fight China.

The USA is everyones friend, but it is the only kind of friend the USA knows about - the kind that you dont need any enemies.

If you want to be a sovereign state, the only option that the USA gives you is being their enemy.

“To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be America’s friend is fatal.” - Henry Kissinger.
Rugoz wrote::roll:

Kissinger never said it.

He almost did. He was actually warning Nixon not to betray one of America’s allies in Indochina, because everybody would then believe that it would be better to be America’s enemy rather than ally. He was speaking hypothetically, though those actual words did pass his lips. :)
By litwin
Biden, look at Sweden's bravery. They make decisions. They don't sit on their asses cowering in fear that Asiatic despot Putin will get upset. It is not time for a senile American president. Take the decisions your own generals, active & retired, advise you. Don't listen to pencil pushers. Act!!!

Sweden ready to block Muscovite LNG imports if Trump´s best friend nomad Orban hinders EU- Ukrainian decision

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huns

https://x.com/pravda_eng/status/1796260288498676138
Well Russia is increasing taxes as desperate measures to cover the holes in the budget and dwindling stability fund. This is more or less expected. All of it will go to the war. If previously they tried their desperate measures of fleecing the large businesses and oligarchs then now it is not enough. Now all the population needs to be fleeced to keep the war going at least a bit longer. And i will disappoint our Russian members from here. This is only going to get worse and worse. It is still not enough, the only real way they can continue the war if the go full planned economy and take all money away from the people. This is just the beginning.

And they are increasing it on everything from regular people to enterprises, basically going back to the 90s. This also will mean that inflation will speed up even further on top of employers not being able to increase salaries anymore and public sector gobling up more people for unproductive non-value add work. :excited:
@JohnRawls

The Great Depression was the worst economic crisis in modern history, lasting from 1929 until the beginning of World War II in 1939. The causes of the Great Depression included slowing consumer demand, mounting consumer debt, decreased industrial production and the rapid and reckless expansion of the U.S. stock market.

https://www.history.com/topics/great-de ... on-history

On the surface, World War II seems to mark the end of the Great Depression. During the war, more than 12 million Americans were sent into the military, and a similar number toiled in defense-related jobs. Those war jobs seemingly took care of the 17 million unemployed in 1939. Most historians have therefore cited the massive spending during wartime as the event that ended the Great Depression.

https://fee.org/articles/what-ended-the ... epression/

Putin has appointed an economist as defense minister, this means he plans a long long war. Russia has so many resources they have just to organize better.

I am not pro-Ivan, but I have to be realistic about facts.

Ukraines attacks on rafineries hits Russias cash cow.

Hitler had more clue about economy and military then Putin, for example Hitler attacked Poland with 1,6 million soldiers... Putin begun his Blitzkrieg just with 300'000 for the much bigger Ukraine...
Skynet wrote:@JohnRawls

Putin has appointed an economist as defense minister, this means he plans a long long war. Russia has so many resources they have just to organize better.

Hitler had more clue about economy and military then Putin, for example Hitler attacked Poland with 1,6 million soldiers... Putin begun his Blitzkrieg just with 300'000 for the much bigger Ukraine...

Sure but that is Russias problem honestly. They can prepare for a long war all they want, they are still limited by their economic potential irrelevant of what they do. The new minister is also good in my book, he has no clue about actual competitive modern economics and favours the state plan model that killed the Soviet Union. Which is good because it will kill Russia the same way just a lot faster since Stalin ain't around.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Sure but that is Russias problem honestly. They can prepare for a long war all they want, they are still limited by their economic potential irrelevant of what they do. The new minister is also good in my book, he has no clue about actual competitive modern economics and favours the state plan model that killed the Soviet Union. Which is good because it will kill Russia the same way just a lot faster since Stalin ain't around.

The west has signal it's intent to also go long on Ukraine. Aside from all the support, they are basically acknowledging that they have and will continue to sheep dip into Ukraine.

Sheep dip = Officially discharging CIA/SpeCOps types from those services, and then allow them to go into a place like Ukraine and operate as "civilian volunteers". Technically not supported by western governments, but still receive support through various non-official funnels. Once operations are done with, they probably just get "rehired" by whoever "fired" them. It's basically total bullshit, but many nations do it.

The point to understand is that that west is openly now stating that it does this. Which basically signals to Putin "we're in for the long haul too".
By litwin
Skynet wrote:@JohnRawls

Sounds like a problem the Mobiks should take up directly with the Kremlin like they did in 1917 . :lol:

Anton Andreev from the 5th company of the 1009th regiment, only 12 people out of 100 remained. :lol:

https://x.com/i/status/1797537971224080807

just watch this video :

https://x.com/i/status/1797528274584928475
litwin wrote:Moscow.

1917.... :lol:

I have to say the Liberal mind is ever fertile, giving us new perspectives and ways of seeing. I've read a number of works on the Russian Revolution, from Trotsky's history, to EH Carr to less sympathetic authors and somehow without the insight provided by that picture. I would never have visualised it quite like that. I dunno I had always imagined something a bit rougher, more militant and dare I say it perhaps with a slighlty more aggressive undercurrent.

Anyway to bring up a rather academic and abstract matter, the front lines. I felt a while back the decription of the Russian advances should bu upgraded from very, very slow to very slow. Most of the commentators continue to describe an endless series of disasters for the Russians. Its funny that they can hold the front line at all, let alone advance.

However their is a minority of pro Russian and neutral commentators and analysts, who keep predicting an immanent collapse of the Ukrainians, which always seems to remain just around the corner.
By Skynet
@JohnRawls Back to an kind of communist economy might not be a bad idea. Never was a communist state defeated by war, the hole ressources can be alocated to the wareffort.
Skynet wrote:@JohnRawls Back to an kind of communist economy might not be a bad idea. Never was a communist state defeated by war, the hole ressources can be alocated to the wareffort.

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists.
By litwin
Rich wrote:I have to say the Liberal mind is ever fertile, giving us new perspectives and ways of seeing. I've read a number of works on the Russian Revolution, from Trotsky's history, to EH Carr to less sympathetic authors and somehow without the insight provided by that picture. I would never have visualised it quite like that. I dunno I had always imagined something a bit rougher, more militant and dare I say it perhaps with a slighlty more aggressive undercurrent.

Anyway to bring up a rather academic and abstract matter, the front lines. I felt a while back the decription of the Russian advances should bu upgraded from very, very slow to very slow. Most of the commentators continue to describe an endless series of disasters for the Russians. Its funny that they can hold the front line at all, let alone advance.

However their is a minority of pro Russian and neutral commentators and analysts, who keep predicting an immanent collapse of the Ukrainians, which always seems to remain just around the corner.

If I get this right, the Orcs intercepted a HIMARS. Poor S -300 can't even defend itself. :lol:

By litwin
JohnRawls wrote:Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists.

Eastern Europe, Malaysia, Indonesia , Bolivia and many others 8) ;)

ps

According to Rosstat data for March 2024, the ratio of the average pension to the average salary was less than 24%. This means that upon retirement, Russians become literally four times poorer. Previously, this figure in Russia was 33%, while in the EU this ratio is 68.1%.

1917 N2 is on the way
The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible. Joe Biden has got an important fund raising meeting with Hollywood celebrities and just because his country is fighting the biggest land war since World War II, he thinks that Joe Biden should just drop the Hollywood celebrities to go off to some silly peace conference. Where's the votes in Switzerland I ask you?

Lets remember how this thing started. Vladimir Putin very unwisely decided to launch a very far from full scale invasion in late February at a moment when the British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson was fighting for his political life. It shouldn't have taken a genius to work out how Boris Johnson would respond. And if Zelensky had refused to play the part in Boris's Churchill moment, I don't doubt that Johnson would have tried to find his Ukrainian Charles De Gaulle. Winston Churchill believed he was destined from birth to play his part in World War 2. Perhaps he was right. If so perhaps, Boris Johnson was destined his whole life to play the snap-chat version of Churchill.

Damn, @noemon , whatever your thing with Jews is,[…]

There's no need to repeat myself, you can always […]

Teacher questions appropriateness of pow-wow

@Unthinking Majority Please note that @Fiveo[…]

How can I answer any of your questions when you a[…]