Iraq War Tonight - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By KurtFF8
The war has basicly started, Iraqis have been firing AA guns,and dubya is speaking at 10:15 and they said he wouldnt speak untill he is gonna announce the start of the war so it started.... supprising huh?
By Dawn
Yeah, I imagine the war is going to officially start within a matter of hours. (Less, I suppose.) I'd heard the U.S. had engaged in pre-pre-emptive strikes earlier, as they'd been bombing several Iraqi buildings earlier, which they called pre-war or something. America can't lose, but it may take longer than everyone seems to expect.
By KurtFF8
it allready started, Ari Fleischer came out and said "The opening stages of the disarmament of the Iraqi regime have begun"

and then said "The presdient will speak at 10:15" so here it is
By Russian
while most people are sleeping Bush is starting a war... how convinient

At this point we can only hope that soon Sadam will be smashed by a smart bomb and his people and the western soldiers won't have to suffer a long war... the reality however can be very different
By teh wez
Here in the US we weren't sleeping and it isn't possible for him to just start a war while everyone is awake...
By Sweeper
Saddam never sleeps at the same place twice... Good luck moron Bush.
I know you got a debt to pay off to the American oil companies for your election campaign.
By Sapper
I really think this war could've been avoided (I am anti-war) but oh well... nothing to do but watch the bunker bustin' bombs on CNN for the next few days.

Wouldn't that be great if those cruise missiles took out Saddam? It would save tremendous blood shed.

I think it's pretty funny how he said he'd be shipping us home in body bags and we just shot 40 cruise missiles, and he shot three missiles and those three all fell into the desert.

~Sapper
By teh wez
I may be incorrect, but i believe it was recent intelligence that they had on Saddam's location, so i don't think that it was moranic. Hopefully, as Sapper said they did hit saddam and this whole mess will be over soon.
By Sweeper
Sapper46123 wrote:I really think this war could've been avoided (I am anti-war) but oh well... nothing to do but watch the bunker bustin' bombs on CNN for the next few days.

Wouldn't that be great if those cruise missiles took out Saddam? It would save tremendous blood shed.

I think it's pretty funny how he said he'd be shipping us home in body bags and we just shot 40 cruise missiles, and he shot three missiles and those three all fell into the desert.

~Sapper

Missiles, Missiles, No war is decided with thoose.
Iraq will nail you in the city areas. More like a Black Hawk down scenario, in order to make you see how it will be.
By Russian
I think that once Americans will destroy all visible military installations in Baghdad they will launch an aggressive propaganda campaign, then send there heavily equipped Arab troops and then come in themselves.
By KurtFF8
Sweeper wrote:
Sapper46123 wrote:I really think this war could've been avoided (I am anti-war) but oh well... nothing to do but watch the bunker bustin' bombs on CNN for the next few days.

~Sapper

Iraq will nail you in the city areas. More like a Black Hawk down scenario, in order to make you see how it will be.

it would be diffrent from a black hawk down scenario because first off we did more strikes here first, and 2nd of all we wernt trying to take that city in somalia (yes i cant remember what the name of it is)
By Sweeper
KurtFF8 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:

~Sapper

it would be diffrent from a black hawk down scenario because first off we did more strikes here first, and 2nd of all we wernt trying to take that city in somalia (yes i cant remember what the name of it is)

What I ment by Black Hawk down scenario is that US soldiers enters the city.
And they get gunned at from 360 degree angle. Buildings will be filled with soldiers...
They are expecting you, they hate you, and they will destroy you!
They will kill as many as however possible. Oh, and beaware of Chemical Ali.
So if you thought USA could just walk in say: "Hi, we want this place so piss off! And we are here to liberate you all." then you are wrong!
Iraqi's hate Saddam, but they want to get rid of him themselves as a defecting General said.
So you will meet heavy resitance.
By KurtFF8
Sweeper wrote:What I ment by Black Hawk down scenario is that US soldiers enters the city.
And they get gunned at from 360 degree angle. Buildings will be filled with soldiers...
They are expecting you, they hate you, and they will destroy you!
They will kill as many as however possible. Oh, and beaware of Chemical Ali.
So if you thought USA could just walk in say: "Hi, we want this place so piss off! And we are here to liberate you all." then you are wrong!
Iraqi's hate Saddam, but they want to get rid of him themselves as a defecting General said.
So you will meet heavy resitance.

and another thing thats diffrent is we will have a few more forces than the bhd scenario...anyway

i know they want to get rid of saddam themselvs but that wont stop them from welcoming us, sure there will be resistance, but not as much as in somalia

[SF:edit: quote box inside quote box inside quote box inside quote box was a bit excessive :eh: ]
By CasX
Kurt wrote:i know they want to get rid of saddam themselvs but that wont stop them from welcoming us

Sketchy reports so far that proved that to be far from the case. Most Iraqis hate the US as much as Saddam, it appears.

(Sorry, no links at the moment. You can find it though, on the more non-mainstream media sources. All dumb BBC and CNN show are smiling faces. Which is just crap seeing as how some reporters must have seen the real destruction that has occured. The military censorship is terribly tough. Everything we see/hear/read is VERY filtered)
By Yuji
CasX wrote:Sketchy reports so far that proved that to be far from the case. Most Iraqis hate the US as much as Saddam, it appears.

(Sorry, no links at the moment. You can find it though, on the more non-mainstream media sources. All dumb BBC and CNN show are smiling faces. Which is just crap seeing as how some reporters must have seen the real destruction that has occured. The military censorship is terribly tough. Everything we see/hear/read is VERY filtered)

They're just pretending that everything is okay.

You can open the tweet yourself.

According to OCHA, imports of both food and medici[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]

@FiveofSwords still has not clarified what it […]