US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 39 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:Weird of you to post this, you always argued that incorporation of vast lands beyond the Mediterranean and barbaric tribes in to Rome strengthened it at the needed time giving it couple more centuries while it was my argument that going beyond Mediterranean overstretched it and hastened the fall.

The Roman Empire split into three parts during the Crisis of the Third Century. Reuniting these three parts gave it another two centuries of life. The imperial overstretch happened much earlier, during the first century BC. By the third century AD, it was too late; they had to hang on to that territory.
Rancid wrote:I wonder how many years we have until America becomes an undeveloped country.

It’s already an undeveloped country, @Rancid. I think it was Oscar Wilde who said that America is the only nation in history which went straight from barbarism to decadence without passing through the stage in between. Lol. ;)
Potemkin wrote:It’s already an undeveloped country, @Rancid. I think it was Oscar Wilde who said that America is the only nation in history which went straight from barbarism to decadence without passing through the stage in between. Lol. ;)

Fair point. The disparity between rich and poor say's it all.
Potemkin wrote:The Roman Empire split into three parts during the Crisis of the Third Century. Reuniting these three parts gave it another two centuries of life. The imperial overstretch happened much earlier, during the first century BC. By the third century AD, it was too late; they had to hang on to that territory.

Barbarians at the gates. The US has barbarians running the show now for a long while. If it was not for the Romans trying to civilize you Barbarian Scottish folk, English folk, Irish folk and non Latino folks who do not know how to appreciate good cuisine, decent clothing and laws and sewage systems and being Latinos for real and not so morose and Calvinistic? Could have been the inventors of Michaelangelo and so on....instead of politicians like Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, and so on....you bores. Though Galloway is kind of interesting.

Lol.

You should have ran with the Roman cultural view....but no....barbarians at the gates.

Big wink for you Potemkin.

;)

El dia que me quieras. For you Pote!

Tainari88 wrote:Barbarians at the gates. The US has barbarians running the show now for a long while. If it was not for the Romans trying to civilize you Barbarian Scottish folk, English folk, Irish folk and non Latino folks who do not know how to appreciate good cuisine, decent clothing and laws and sewage systems and being Latinos for real and not so morose and Calvinistic? Could have been the inventors of Michaelangelo and so on....instead of politicians like Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, and so on....you bores. Though Galloway is kind of interesting.

Lol.

You should have ran with the Roman cultural view....but no....barbarians at the gates.

Big wink for you Potemkin.

;)

El dia que me quieras. For you Pote!

¡Gracias, querida! :D
Rancid wrote:I wonder how many years we have until America becomes an undeveloped country.

England will always be worse, although I'd say Texas is closest to England. At least in terms of how it handles municipal services.

Britain: Allow private equity to buy water treatment plants, pay minimal fines, and dump shit directly into the water.

Texas: Refuse to connect to the national power grid for reasons(?). Allow private companies to charge $1,500/hour for electricity because it lightly snowed, crippling the independent power grid.

Just glad I'm under the LADWP. Not like California didn't have its own issues with power a few decades back.
SpecialOlympian wrote:England will always be worse, although I'd say Texas is closest to England. At least in terms of how it handles municipal services.

Britain: Allow private equity to buy water treatment plants, pay minimal fines, and dump shit directly into the water.

Another great idea brought to us by the Tory Party, who are the sort of people who would unplug your life support machine to recharge their mobile phone. Which is effectively what they’re doing to the whole country. I think they even put it in their election manifesto once, just to see if anyone would notice. Nobody did, of course, because most British voters are drunken illiterates.
Potemkin wrote:Another great idea brought to us by the Tory Party, who are the sort of people who would unplug your life support machine to recharge their mobile phone. Which is effectively what they’re doing to the whole country. I think they even put it in their election manifesto once, just to see if anyone would notice. Nobody did, of course, because most British voters are drunken illiterates.

Didn't Rishi Sunak live in the richest part of my state, California, before he became Prime Minister? I do not understand your country at all. America is big enough to be the entire world, the idea that you'd lived in Britain for a decade before running for president would make everyone here howl at you until you died of shame.

I'm not going to pretend I understand UK/British/whatever you fucks call yourselves politics. But it seems like nobody is happy with Brexit; everyone feels like they were sold a false bill of goods. Which was sold to them by inbred fascist Nigel Farage, who painted "We will fund the NHS" on the side of a big red bus. Now all the public infrastructure that made the UK great is getting dismantled and sold off to foreign corporate interests. And just nothing can be done, everyone is committed to eating a giant shit sandwich and absolutely nobody is willing to say, "You know, we don't have to eat shit."

Yeah I'm shitting on the UK. But the US, the best country, is also stupid in its own way. You guys laughed Milo Yiannopoulis out of your country. And here in America, he was Yeezy's top advisor up until two months ago and was a memefluencer with connections to the White House before that.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Didn't Rishi Sunak live in the richest part of my state, California, before he became Prime Minister? I do not understand your country at all. America is big enough to be the entire world, the idea that you'd lived in Britain for a decade before running for president would make everyone here howl at you until you died of shame.

I'm not going to pretend I understand UK/British/whatever you fucks call yourselves politics. But it seems like nobody is happy with Brexit; everyone feels like they were sold a false bill of goods. Which was sold to them by inbred fascist Nigel Farage, who painted "We will fund the NHS" on the side of a big red bus. Now all the public infrastructure that made the UK great is getting dismantled and sold off to foreign corporate interests. And just nothing can be done, everyone is committed to eating a giant shit sandwich and absolutely nobody is willing to say, "You know, we don't have to eat shit."

Yeah I'm shitting on the UK. But the US, the best country, is also stupid in its own way. You guys laughed Milo Yiannopoulis out of your country. And here in America, he was Yeezy's top advisor up until two months ago and was a memefluencer with connections to the White House before that.

The British people have been eating shit for almost a thousand years, ever since William the Bastard (his real name, btw - the upper classes here don’t even hide what they are, because they don’t give a fuck) shot an arrow into the eye of Harold the Loser in 1066. They’ve got used to the taste by now. They think all sandwiches are meant to taste like that.
Potemkin wrote:Another great idea brought to us by the Tory Party, who are the sort of people who would unplug your life support machine to recharge their mobile phone. Which is effectively what they’re doing to the whole country. I think they even put it in their election manifesto once, just to see if anyone would notice. Nobody did, of course, because most British voters are drunken illiterates.

The UK has zero "checks and balances", yet the Tory party is still sticking to the rules.

Maybe the Tories aren't quite as wicked and/or the British not quite as illiterate?
Nancy Pelosi: "We're going to lose to Labour with dignity. That's what being a Democrat is all about."

Nancy Pelosi, Leader of the Tories: "We need a strong Labour party. Otherwise, we would be expected to exercise our political power."
I can't stop laughing about how in the UK you fucking morons actually had an election to vote on,

Blow up our economy? [X] Yes [ ] No

And you fucking morons actually voted yes. You were literally so racist you didn't want blonde haired, blue eyed Polish people to have free entry to your country and so egotistical that you thought an island nation somehow had the economic leverage to lord its own currency over literally The Rest of Europe.

I actually blame your media for lying to you, because the people who run your media are somehow more inbred than your royalty. If you listened to your media, you'd think trans people were more of a threat than the fact that all of your municipal water sources are owned by foreign entities who are just dumping literal shit water into the the Thames right now, as we speak. That's how fucking stupid your country is, lol.

I grew up in Chicago, Illinois. I no longer live there, but I keep up on the news from there. And a few years back, the city of Chicago was so broke that they sold the rights to collect on parking meters and parking tickets to a Saudi Arabian investment firm for 100 years.

You guys are miles beyond that. And it's just so funny to me. We're all on the same shitty boat, but Britain. God damn, you guys really love eating and literally drinking shit.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I can't stop laughing about how in the UK you fucking morons actually had an election to vote on,

And you fucking morons actually voted yes. You were literally so racist you didn't want blonde haired, blue eyed Polish people to have free entry to your country and so egotistical that you thought an island nation somehow had the economic leverage to lord its own currency over literally The Rest of Europe.

I actually blame your media for lying to you, because the people who run your media are somehow more inbred than your royalty. If you listened to your media, you'd think trans people were more of a threat than the fact that all of your municipal water sources are owned by foreign entities who are just dumping literal shit water into the the Thames right now, as we speak. That's how fucking stupid your country is, lol.

I grew up in Chicago, Illinois. I no longer live there, but I keep up on the news from there. And a few years back, the city of Chicago was so broke that they sold the rights to collect on parking meters and parking tickets to a Saudi Arabian investment firm for 100 years.

You guys are miles beyond that. And it's just so funny to me. We're all on the same shitty boat, but Britain. God damn, you guys really love eating and literally drinking shit.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I grew up in Chicago, Illinois. I no longer live there, but I keep up on the news from there. And a few years back, the city of Chicago was so broke that they sold the rights to collect on parking meters and parking tickets to a Saudi Arabian investment firm for 100 years.

I was living in Chicago when that happened. :lol: I remember that.

Anyway, you make fun of the UK, but the US isn't that far behind with respect to voting against ourselves. :hmm:
SpecialOlympian wrote:I can't stop laughing about how in the UK you fucking morons actually had an election to vote on,

a) It didn't "blow up the economy". No idea how people can say this with a straight face.
b) I doubt Johnson's deal would have been approved by a popular majority.

It's funny to read "advice" like this in mainstream media, when the cousins of mainstream media (the banksters) have put the Western countries into unpayable debt over the last half century.

The banks... have bankrupted the countries they think they own through organized crime tactics.

And then they tell you (through commercial media) that you must obey them and vote the way they tell you... or else.

Or else what? Or else they will cut off your access to your own savings?

Democracy looks an awful lot like dictatorship right now. I never voted for any of the banksters that Spesh regurgitates.
SpecialOlympian wrote:This is rich, coming from the hypocrite who rides a decadent two wheeled bicycle instead of a unicycle. You're just like the sheep in Animal Farm: Two wheels good, one wheel bad, baaaahhhhhh.

@QatzelOk doesn’t just ride one unicycle, he rides two at the same time. They just happen to be fixed together, that’s all. :)
Potemkin wrote:The British people have been eating shit for almost a thousand years, ever since William the Bastard (his real name, btw - the upper classes here don’t even hide what they are, because they don’t give a fuck) shot an arrow into the eye of Harold the Loser in 1066. They’ve got used to the taste by now. They think all sandwiches are meant to taste like that.

I need to hear Potemkin's critique of UK society more often.
Potemkin wrote:The British people have been eating shit for almost a thousand years, ever since William the Bastard (his real name, btw - the upper classes here don’t even hide what they are, because they don’t give a fuck) shot an arrow into the eye of Harold the Loser in 1066. They’ve got used to the taste by now. They think all sandwiches are meant to taste like that.

The Normans abolished slavery. That's surely no small thing. Estimates seem to vary from 10% to 30% as to the number of slaves in England prior to the arrival of the Norman liberators. The reason for the abolition of slavery again seems to be moral, rather than economics as in the case of the much later abolition of slavery in the New World.

For me the balance between materialism and idealism as a driver of social change is something to be investigated, rather than taken on faith. We see similar patterns with Marxism and Cultural Marxism. Marxism was developed by the privileged. Its leadership has been dominated by people who are distinctly unproletarian. The Cultural Marxist phenomenon with its fanatical hatred of White people has been in the main driven by "White people".

Anyway isn't it time that we accepted William the Liberator as the real Daenerys Targaryen.

...You tell me your opinion on why that is happen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just h[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

Now...because I personally have read actual prima[…]

US Presidential election 2024 thread.

You aren't American, you don't get a vote in my go[…]