1976 Swine Flu - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jaminhealth
I did not have it nor any shots for it. My friend was close to getting this shot but she did not.. Gulliam Barre Syndrome was a side effect of the swine shot, and GBS is one of the side effects from the today's flu mess. She sent me this 60 Minutes Video on the Swine Flu.

By Godstud
Sorry but your misinformation is shit as usual. It's a very rare side effect, and they still don't know why.

The effectiveness of the 1976 swine flu vaccine is difficult to measure as the virus did not spread beyond Fort Dix. However, a 2010 study found that people who received the 1976 vaccine had a stronger immune response to the 2009 virus than those who did not. The authors also highlight other factors that could explain this, such as immunity from an earlier swine flu infection.

A 2017 review indicates that the 2009 vaccine effectively prevented swine flu. The study found that the vaccine protected against between 66–80% of flu cases and around 61% of hospitalizations.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... ne#summary

Those who received the 1976 swine flu vaccine had a slight increased risk for developing GBS of approximately one additional case of GBS for every 100,000 people who got the swine flu vaccine.

Scientists have several theories about the cause, but the exact reason for this link remains unknown.

CDC monitors GBS cases during each flu season. From data collected, the association between seasonal flu vaccine and GBS has been found to vary from season to season. When there has been an increased risk, it has consistently been in the range of 1-2 additional GBS cases per million flu vaccine doses administered.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/conce ... %20vaccine.

Slightly increased risk does not equal making people sick. It might be that the vaccine isn't the cause of the GBS, but anti-vax morons will try to link anything to vaccines. The autism link to vaccines was one such case(based on 8 people's opinions on a pilot study of 12 people).

Note: GBS can cause symptoms that last for a few weeks to several years. Most people recover fully, but some have permanent nerve damage. It's not fatal.

People who peddle misinformation are very common these days, and so I have to stop and correct the ignorance when I encounter it.
By jaminhealth
It is my understanding that so many people sued over the swine flu vaccine injury that is why the vaccine makers lobbied to get laws passed giving legal protection from liability/lawsuit from vaccine injury and why we cannot sue them anymore.

You will not stop me, there are many sides to issues.
By Godstud
jaminhealth wrote:It is my understanding that so many people sued over the swine flu vaccine injury that is why the vaccine makers lobbied to get laws passed giving legal protection from liability/lawsuit from vaccine injury and why we cannot sue them anymore.
Please provide evidence for this stupid claim.

jaminhealth wrote:You will not stop me, there are many sides to issues.
I am not stopping you from anything. I am informing you that your position and narrative is contrary to reality, and therefore ignorant.

There is also a WRONG side to every issue, particularly when it's not based on simply opinion. Your claims on vaccines have been WRONG in every instance, because facts and reality run contrary to your beliefs.
By Rancid
jaminhealth wrote:It is my understanding

Where does this understanding come from exactly?

Great to see the encampments only keep growing and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwXOahI8oU The […]

Winston Churchill for good or for bad, despite ha[…]

(1) It is impossible to please someone who believ[…]