The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 202 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:Ahhh, my bad.

There is so much crazy here that I just expect it.

To be fair, I stereotype people by their posts, and in this case, SpecialOlympian posts so much sarcasm that I have stereotyped him.
Last edited by Patrickov on 31 Dec 2022 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
XogGyux wrote:I have tried that. Didn't work. GL :lol:

From what I see, no smearing would work without factual support.

Seriously, what do you think the smear is against at my place now?
Patrickov wrote:Seriously, even I can see he's posting sarcasm.

Yes, but most North Americans (and Brits) live in bicycle-impossible places.

Car traffic and road design has turned us into a continent of car-bound and bungalow-bound pioneer hicks.

Our only community is the car radio and the news sites that Google manipulates.

If Google and Pfizer have a lot of shareholder overlap... this could lead to atrocities.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but most North Americans (and Brits) live in bicycle-impossible places.

I can assure you that China and Hong Kong are even less bicycle-possible than the Anglo countries.

Especially for China, which half a century ago was dominated by bicycles.

Being in London and other smaller English cities and towns before, I will say the United Kingdom is already heaven for bicycle lovers down here.

Count your blessings.

P.S. I don't know how to cycle but I know how and love to drive.
Patrickov wrote:I can assure you that China and Hong Kong are even less bicycle-possible than the Anglo countries.

China is a huge country, so you can't make a blanket statement like this. Some cities are great for cycling, others are hell for biking (because of car traffic).

I don't know how to cycle but I know how and love to drive.

This is as sad as: "I don't know how to cook, but I know the best restaurants for quick take-out...."

It's like admitting to becoming increasingly useless and parasitic.
QatzelOk wrote:China is a huge country, so you can't make a blanket statement like this. Some cities are great for cycling, others are hell for biking (because of car traffic).

That actually justified my statement. Half a century ago they almost don't have cars at all and almost everybody cycles.

QatzelOk wrote:This is as sad as: "I don't know how to cook, but I know the best restaurants for quick take-out...."

It's like admitting to becoming increasingly useless and parasitic.

Said the person who apparently doesn't work and spends most of his time ranting on PoFo :lol:
Patrickov wrote:That actually justified my statement. Half a century ago they almost don't have cars at all and almost everybody cycles.

You aren't acknowledging how industrial empires FORCE the rest of the world to industrialize like this. South Korea has enormous car factories... which can be quickly adapted to make tanks (to invade China or other Asian nations).

If China doesn't want to be "Maidan"ed, it needs to tank-production-ready at all times. Otherwise, it could turn into Guam, Germany, Canada, or some other vassal of Western finance.

Car use in China is a huge human, social, and environmental tragedy. But being invaded via South Korea would be the end of its civilizational sovereignty... which is much worse.

Likewise, if China didn't have its own pharmaceutical industry, it might have been "smallpox blanketed" by genocidal Western brinkmanship.
Fasces wrote:Covid Zero is well and truly dead in China. Test centers have been closed. No one is checking codes on trains or other public transit. Half my staff and students are out sick with Omicron.

Well I was the first person I was aware of to push "Don't test. Don't tell!" which now seems to be the de-facto policy in many places. It looks like the information dam on vaccines is starting to break

Under the spotlight: Excess deaths and the Covid vaccine
The premier of Québec - like the president of France - hired McKinsey to make all the decisions (secretly) during the pandemic. Hiring out policy-formulation helps incompetent politicians to cover their asses, as well as putting the decision-making process behind the closed doors or a private corporation.

But now, there's much more. The French version of CBC has revealed that Justin Trudeau has been using McKinsey the way that 6-year-olds "ask their mom."

Radio-Canada wrote:L’influence de McKinsey explose sous Trudeau, surtout à l’immigration
McKinsey's influence explodes under Trudeau, especially regarding Immigration

Le gouvernement de Justin Trudeau a donné 30 fois plus d’argent à la firme McKinsey que lorsque les conservateurs étaient au pouvoir. Parfois, avec des contrats sans appel d’offres.
The Trudeau government has given 30 times as much money to the firm as the conservatives did when in power. Sometimes, in no-bid contracts...

If you don't read French, here are the highlights:

1. Dominic Barton was the head of McKinsey Canada for 30 years until 2018

2. Dominc Barton is also head of a lobby group called Century Initiative, that wants Canada to have 100 million people by 2100 (more than double the current population) and ordered the PM to invite 500,000 immigrants per year into the country.

3. Dominic Barton was made Canadian Ambassador to China by Trudeau's government in 2019, though he now works for a multinational corporations (Rio-Tinto-Alcan).

So Trudeau hired the organization that had, at its head, a very ideological figure. Trudeau himself, of course, has no political smarts or experience whatsover, so he counts on "big boys" like this Barton character (and Ukrainian shit-disturber and media insider Chrystia Freeland) to call the shots for him, from behind the closed doors of their offices.

Trudeau is the product of pure nepotism, just like W Bush, the current premier of Ontario, and many other of our current mediocre political classes. They know nothing and hire private corporations to govern for them.

Perhaps trusting this kind of authority is a bad idea?

Best Comment on the site:

Maintenant les décideurs politiques ont souvent une instruction très sommaire, alors les enjeux les dépassent complètement, ils font donc appel à des firmes de consultant pour protéger leur carrière et masquer leurs manques de connaissance.

Today, policy makers often have a very basic education, so the stakes are completely beyond them, so they call on consulting firms to protect their careers and hide their lack of knowledge.
Is it more dangerous for vaccine skeptics to be able to express their views, or is it more dangerous to silence anyone who questions the majority opinion and those of authorities/experts?

Is it more dangerous to have people walking around unvaccinated, or is it more dangerous to mandate everyone to be injected with medicine that some don't want?
Unthinking Majority wrote:Is it more dangerous for vaccine skeptics to be able to express their views, or is it more dangerous to silence anyone who questions the majority opinion and those of authorities/experts?

Is it more dangerous to have people walking around unvaccinated, or is it more dangerous to mandate everyone to be injected with medicine that some don't want?

The most dangerous thing is to have government officials who owe their entire careers to major corporations like Pfizer and General Motors and Raytheon.

When they call the tune, we will all be drinking GMO kool-aid.

You're soaking in it.
XogGyux wrote:Sorry I did not read anything he said, but I am curious, did he actually get the vaccine or you just trolling him? :lol:

Dunno, I'm just fucking around. :lol:
Unthinking Majority wrote:Is it more dangerous for vaccine skeptics to be able to express their views, or is it more dangerous to silence anyone who questions the majority opinion and those of authorities/experts?

These are questions that a citizen can make ONLY if he has neutral and extensive knowledge on the subject. Censoring and media manipulation... makes it impossible for people to make important decisions. The way that our media and science have been taken over by capitalists using PR firms to hide inconvenient truths and to promote profitable-but-false ideas... is anti-democratic and extremely dangerous for both humans and the world around them.

Thomas Klikauer wrote:
Five Corporate Strategies to Manipulate Science

1. The Manipulation of Science
2. Manipulating the Interpretation of Science
3. Manipulating the Reach of Science
4. Public Relation
5. Trust Corporate Science

There are about four core instruments that corporations and their henchmen like corporate lawyers, corporate PR agencies, and lobbying organisations use to – often pretty successfully – manipulate science – and quite often rather indirectly.

All too often these corporations work behind the scenes in governmental committee rooms, research funding agencies, state and ministerial offices, and the like. These four instruments are:

1) the manipulation of scientific methods to pre-determine research outcomes;

2) he reshaping of criteria that establish what scientific proof actually is;

3) direct and indirect threats against independent scientists and scholars; and finally,

4) the promotion of policies that increase the reliance on industry-generated “evidence”...

I don't think he, or anyone else here, is defendin[…]

No, my ancestors believe in human rights for all […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]