National Fightism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Technology
The government sets up tournaments in which people compete on local levels to become heads of economic distribution centers/businesses, and can advance from there to become the boss of state governance, and so on to the national stage, with the President being the person who has defeated all challengers in the Death Labyrinth. Once there he must settle all disputes with other nations by challenging them in the Death Labyrinth. Failure to accept intra-national challenges means instant atomic war.

Taking aside the insanity of a populace rejecting all normal human values and embracing this squid alien political philosophy, I'd like to take a minute to ask what would happen to say, the UK, if its populace magically embraced this system. How would the exterior nations react? They aren't going to risk nuclear war, but on the other hand... what the hell, I have to fight in a Death Labyrinth!
By nucklepunche
This is something I think a lot of people have thought about, what if there were real consequences for the loser. Either way it will never happen.

A more realistic theoretical idea I have is to structure government from the local level up to the head of state. It is sort of an extreme meritocracy, at the lowest level citizens would put their hat in the ring and then be selected from the pool via lottery, and then further up the ladder would be elected by the popular body to each step up.

For instance in theory.

You could have a local council. Every eligible citizen over 18 could put their hat in the ring to serve, as was the case in ancient Greece. Those chosen would serve a four year term. This council elects one of its members to lead it officially. My idea has always been to consolidate all local government in the USA into the county level. It would be easier to govern at the county level and have counties with multiple cities consolidate and take over city functions in addition to county functions.

Then there will be a higher council at the state or provincial level, perhaps at the level of the constituent country in the UK or a region in smaller nations. Unlike the previous level, these would be elected, however the candidates would be required to be serving at the local level. However beyond this they could be reelected to another four year term.

There would be a higher national council like a congress, which would in turn be elected from the regional members.

Finally at the very top there would be a head of state popularily elected and would be required to be elected from the Congress.

There would be term limits at each level to promote turnover. You could reenter the drawing to serve on the local council after sitting out for one term. If you lost an election you would have to start over from the start.

I support random selection at the local level because no doubt a few kooks would be selected, but far more common citizens. Nonetheless I do not want to randomly draw a deranged lunatic as president.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will do[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]