Moderate parties - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Anybody here registered in the Modern Whig or Reform Parties? I myself support the Reform Party, but I feel like I'm all over the map. I could be a RINO, a Blue Dog, or even a supporter of the Democratic Freedom Caucus. I'm also part of my college's Young Americans for Liberty (albeit a very moderate member).
By nucklepunche
I like the Modern Whig Party. In the context of the two party system I like the New Democrats and Republican Main Street Partnership. I am liking what Michael Bloomberg has been saying on national issues lately even as I disagree with his various nanny state hobby horses.
Libertarians tend to not like Mike Bloomberg very much haha. I guess I'm a centrist first. But that doesn't mean I don't have some good opinions on things. I'm also not always a huge David Walker/No Labels/Americans Elect fanatic (I sort of know what AE was doing to raise money). And I think I have some views that are different from the Dems and Reps (there was some hack that wrote a blog on how centrists were closet conservatives on another site). Yeah I like the New Dems and Main Street Republicans too (I just discovered the main street GOP). I want to become an activist in the Reform party in the next election for endorsing state candidates, and possibly vote in one of the party's primaries for 2016 depending on if I really like anyone.
By nucklepunche
In some sense you and I are in about the same position. I like Bloomberg's stances on everything else but the nanny state. If anything his nanny statism in some ways is rooted in sensible fiscal conservatism however as he wants to stop people from smoking, obesity, etc. because of their social cost. If anything I think outright bans make no sense. Restricting sodas to 16 oz will only encourage people to buy two sodas instead of one, as with banning supersize etc. I think it would make more sense just to tax these things to cover their cost. Additionally there is a case to be made that obesity and smoking save money on retirement programs since people die sooner, the same goes with repeal of seat belt laws etc. There is a case on both sides. Basically I care more about macro-economic issues than the rights of smokers so its one of those issues I disagree with him on but would not affect my vote.

That only illustrates that the main issue is trans[…]

AFAIK it's the other way around, although it's sti[…]

The only thing silly here is you. The reason the[…]

Well if you are clever enough to know that our el[…]