F Scale - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Soixante-Retard
You are a liberal airhead.

---
I'll take that as a compliment.
By FrenchFried
Tests ! Always entertaining.

2 - You are a liberal airhead.

Seems right.
By mikema63
Come on come all fascists and prove yourselves as the fascists you are!!!
By Rei Murasame
The problem with this test is that it is not measuring the willingness of the test-taker to support the abolition of the liberal system and the transition to a new set of relations in a new society. One of the key factors of fascism was precisely that - despite the 'going back' sort of rhetoric - it had not actually been done before.

For example:
F Scale wrote:[7] Young people sometimes get rebellious ideas, but as they grow up they ought to get over them and settle down.

That question is set up wrongly, because fascists were in fact conscious of the fact that they were rebelling. In Italy there were plenty of young men and women who joined the fascist youth organisations, which at the outset were created as an alternative to traditional Catholic organisations.

In Nazi Germany, Hitler had speeches in which he praised the dynamism of young people for acting out.

And in Japan, the young male students - soshi - were celebrating the "feeling of barbarism", and were indulged by fascist-sympathetic leaders every time they did something that liberals didn't like. Some of the young members of the army even tried to overthrow the government and install a fascist state prematurely on three or more occasions, and in some cases were humoured and pardoned by sympathetic officials after failing. Kingoro Hashimoto was involved in several of those plots and later went on to lead the youth wing of Japan's fascist state when it finally materialised.

F Scale wrote:[8] What this country needs most, more than laws and political programs, is a few courageous, tireless, devoted leaders in whom the people can put their faith.

Voting 'agree' seems to push the scale up, but this question also fails to take into account the vast bureaucracy and the high number of social programmes that fascists went to great pains to lay out and describe, while they were promoting the much fêted leaders who would preside over their implementation.

In fact, the scale seems to lack any political-economic questions. How can they have an F Scale without asking anything about that?

F Scale wrote:[17] When a person has a problem or worry, it is best for him not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things.

This question also works in the wrong way. Agreeing with the question causes the F-scale to increase, but that makes no sense because the last thing that fascists wants to do is 'not worry' about the liberal society that they are upset and frustrated with.

F Scale wrote:[30] The true American way of life is disappearing so fast that force may be necessary to preserve it.

Why on earth would a fascist want to preserve the American way of life as it is? Wouldn't that be the very thing a fascist would have a problem with?

For these and various other reasons, I think this test is not really measuring a propensity for fascism at all. It's measuring some kind of feeling, but what that feeling is, is anyone's guess.
By mikema63
i didnt take the test very seriously no, but it did amuse me a bit. :p

did you take it? what did you get?
By Daktoria
By Soixante-Retard
^ :lol:
By Daktoria
Soixante-Retard wrote:^ :lol:

:D

Here's another thing:

I wonder if the test scores would pass a goodness of fit test.
By Wolfman
2.03-, Liberal Airhead.

I imagine if most of the Fascists on this site were to take this tests, they would come out lower then 4.0
By Far-Right Sage
What is your motivation with such comments, Publius?
By Wolfman
I doubt most Fascists on this site are actually Fascists, in the same way that I doubt most Communists on this site are actually Communists.
By Far-Right Sage
How you define the ideologies of others is irrelevant, however.

Many of the users on this website are underage kids who will likely experiment politically as they experiment in other ways, and this applies to people of all professed ideological backgrounds. There are several Marxists present here nonetheless, and a few Fascists.
By Wolfman
Many of the users on this website are underage kids who will likely experiment politically as they experiment in other ways, and this applies to people of all professed ideological backgrounds. There are several Marxists present here nonetheless, and a few Fascists.

Thank you for just agreeing with me.
By Far-Right Sage
There are several Marxists present here nonetheless, and a few Fascists.

Read what is written.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 09 Apr 2012 20:16, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
By Wolfman
I did. The whole comment agrees with me. There are some Communists and Fascists here, but most are not. Keep your panties on, or atleast get some reading comprehension so you understand when you're repeating what someone else just said while saying they're wrong.

That only illustrates that the main issue is trans[…]

AFAIK it's the other way around, although it's sti[…]

The only thing silly here is you. The reason the[…]

Well if you are clever enough to know that our el[…]