Satire for August - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By hellohi
Yes teh American Revolution was first but it was based upon ideas from the thinkers of the Enlightenment who were mainly from France, such as Voltaire and Jean-Jacques Rousseau
By jaakko
From a Hezbollah site. No idea of what it's saying:
By Apollos
Do you have any idea where the ideas behind the American Revolution and constitution came from?

Geneva, Switzerland :D

Calvin for the win.
By Le Rouge
TAL, they made a mistake. Instead of drawing defensless civilians, primarily children, they drew Hezbollah.
By Oblisk
By Rodion
Le Rouge wrote:TAL, they made a mistake. Instead of drawing defensless civilians, primarily children, they drew Hezbollah.

Actually, the cartoon is pretty accurate: just as the IDF finally entered Lebanon in force and started hurting Hizbullah (instead of defensless women and children the air raids were hurting), a cease-fire was declared.

That said, I don't blame the UN - I blame the Israeli government for stalling.
By Zagadka
Actually, the cartoon is pretty accurate: just as the IDF finally entered Lebanon in force and started hurting Hizbullah (instead of defensless women and children the air raids were hurting), a cease-fire was declared.

Er, last I checked, the cease fire did not correlate to any progress or lack thereof of either side - and Hizb'Allah was launching more rockets this month than they did last month.

That being said, 95% of what TAL posts on this forum isn't satire, it is comics.
By Rodion
Zagadka wrote:Er, last I checked, the cease fire did not correlate to any progress or lack thereof of either side - and Hizb'Allah was launching more rockets this month than they did last month.

Absolutely. Like I said: I don't blame the UN.

Edit:

By Siberian Fox
This one is a little unfair:

I flew from the UK on the day that the UK put all the airports on the highest alert. It wasn't a case of balence to prevent allegations of discrimination. There simply was no letting anyone through unchecked. If one uses profiling to let certain groups through then terrorists will do test runs until they discover what it takes to get someone into the unchecked passenger group. Also there was no emptying of bags as depicted, because bags had to be checked in. When I flew all I could take to the departure lounge was may wallet and my passport. Then at the scanner I had to put my shoes through the scanner (presumably to check for "shoe-bombs") and was then searched by a security guard like eveyrone else.
By Ombrageux
Exactly how has Hezbollah been destroyed? It used to be they had support in Southern Lebanon, they have support in ALL Lebanon not to mention becoming the new Che Guevara-pop icons of the rest of the Arab world. (and the boosts to funding from disgruntled Saudi oil tycoons and to recruitment)

Filibuster - Damn crappy WW2 analogies.

The crisis may kill the current cemtrist Israeli government:

Israeli Papers Turn on Olmert, army.
By Vanasalus

By Rodion
I wish all those cartoon-drawing-video-game-programming people would get it into their thick skulls that Sharon is no longer Israel's PM. For God's sake, the guy's not even running the shadow government - he's in a coma!
By Ombrageux
Maybe it's an old cartoon?

We all know those supposed "political fact ch[…]

Dude...all life has a common ancestor Then why s[…]

All that to say that simply claiming that Zionists[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]