Satire Week 8-14-05 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By TROI
That's pretty harsh...
By The American Lion
That's pretty harsh...

I know, but you know its the truth. The American left is using her grief to promote her message. Also note she is part of the radical peacenik movement. She was even opposed to our invasion of Afghanistan.

MATTHEWS: Can I ask you a tough question? A very tough question.

SHEEHAN: Yes.

MATTHEWS: All right. If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?

SHEEHAN: I don't think so, Chris, because I believe that Afghanistan is almost the same thing. We're fighting terrorism. Or terrorists, we're saying. But they're not contained in a country. This is an ideology and not an enemy. And we know that Iraq, Iraq had no terrorism. They were no threat to the United States of America.

MATTHEWS: But Afghanistan was harboring, the Taliban was harboring al-Qaida which is the group that attacked us on 9/11.

SHEEHAN: Well then we should have gone after al-Qaida and maybe not after the country of Afghanistan.

MATTHEWS: But that's where they were being harbored. That's where they were headquartered. Shouldn't we go after their headquarters? Doesn't that make sense?

SHEEHAN: Well, but there were a lot of innocent people killed in that invasion, too. ... But I'm seeing that we're sending our ground troops in to invade countries where the entire country wasn't the problem. Especially Iraq. Iraq was no problem. And why do we send in invading armies to march into Afghanistan when we're looking for a select group of people in that country?

So I believe that our troops should be brought home out of both places where we're obviously not having any success in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden is still on the loose and that's who they told us was responsible for 9/11.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8972147/
By Ixa
Maxim Litvinov, what is the meaning of the comics you posted ?
By Maxim Litvinov
T.V.:

The first cartoon refers to the fact that condemning the sending of Australian troops to Iraq was seen as 'unAustralian' according to our government and also as 'anti-American' (according to same). So "no war" advocates had to decide whether they were anti-American or unAustralian first.

The second cartoon is self-explanatory - a pun.

The third cartoon came at the same time as our government's decision to make raising an Australian flag at public schools mandatory. Our Prime Minister also said we should be proud of it, yada yada yada. But many Australians want to replace our flag and find it brings memories of colonisation, abuse of the native population etc.
By Boondock Saint
Well, but there were a lot of innocent people killed in that invasion, too. ... But I'm seeing that we're sending our ground troops in to invade countries where the entire country wasn't the problem.

Clearly the woman has a better grasp on international policy then does Bush and the entire Republican party, not to mention all of Fox News.

Anyone, since the Mother is a clear target let us also show the other side of it ...

I can only hope that Bush knows ten fold the pain he has caused.
By Ixa
Maxim Litnonov wrote:The second cartoon is self-explanatory - a pun.
I don't understand the pun, but now I understand the other two cartoons, thank you.
By Maxim Litvinov
"Table of Contents" is normally something that list the contents of a book with page numbers. In the cartoon, it refers to a table of people who are content, as can be seen by their statements.
By Red_Army
I didn't get it either, thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

I think it's pretty clever now that I understand it.
By Dark Canuck
Cowardly Lion, you go over and die in Iraq for us. If no one gives a shit about your death, maybe you won't be a hipocritical douchebag, but i doubt it.
By Luke
TAL, I find it funny how the interview in your post avoids the situation at hand. This woman's son died in Iraq, and she is mad that he died for a meaningless invasion, and suddenly the interviewer changes this to a discussion on whether the invasion of Afghanistan was justified. What the hell? And as for your stance on the issue, you cannot even understand how the mother would feel. When/if you have a child, let's have him die in a pointless war and then see how you feel. How about that?
By The American Lion
If my son in the War in Iraq. I would still believe he went in and done a good thing. Because I didnt believe the war was pointless. Also I know that it was his job to do so.

Ive been living on US Army bases and with other military families for about 15 years. So we know how lifes like.
By Spin
Cowardly Lion, you go over and die in Iraq for us. If no one gives a shit about your death, maybe you won't be a hipocritical douchebag, but i doubt it.

So because he supports the War in Iraq you think he should go and die? Because he has a different opinion? It isn't hypocritical to support something politically, and yet not take part.

Or do you attend every peace march?
By Boondock Saint

The US should kick the Italian Red Cross out of Iraq for aiding the insurgency.
By Dark Canuck
So because he supports the War in Iraq you think he should go and die? Because he has a different opinion? It isn't hypocritical to support something politically, and yet not take part.

Or do you attend every peace march?

If there is an event in Calgary that I support and can reach, I attend. I help who I can and stand by my principles. I recently helped a freind find a home here, because it was right to do.

Cowardly lion seems to have a big hard on for the Iraq war, and all he has to do to get involved is hit the nearest recruiting office. But no, like almost all right wingers, he'll let others go fight and die for whatever stupid idea the warhawks have in mind. He wants that war, I doubt the soldiers do. Let those who want war go to fight it. The chickenhawks specifically. They are cowards and hypocrites for not risking thier own necks while cheering on the quagmire.

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]