Satire Week Beginning 04/04/05 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By BobMarlon
I like that first cartton alot. It totally like swayed my opionion.
By Cap
No way Saudi Arabia will fall before Iran...
By amjdmg
Last edited by amjdmg on 06 Apr 2005 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
By The Immortal Goon
That last one is the only one to make me laugh. Satire on satire.

-TIG :rockon:
By Saf
TAL, you post some of the dumbest cartoons I have ever seen. They are truly entertaining. Yes, without the support of Afghanistan's Islamist government, Hussein was destined to fall... :roll:
By kansaskid
apperently you dont get it saf it emans that we toppled the afgan oppressive regime then iraq then those are the next ones...dumbass

[sokath edit: no personal attacks, yellow card]
By amjdmg
dumbass

I really don't think you start calling people "dumbass"... (it's not polite+it doesn't make you look very intelligent yourself...)
By Ombrageux
kansaskid - No, it's talking about the domino effect obviously. That means that the fall of the Taliban somehow aided the fall of Saddam Hussein...

Not really true, except insofar as the US didn't get bogged down in Afganistan.
By Saf
apperently you dont get it saf it emans that we toppled the afgan oppressive regime then iraq then those are the next ones...dumbass

The cartoon implies that the defeat of the Afghan government aided America in defeating Hussein, and that, in some way, Hussein was dependant on the Taliban.

I should also make note that I am neither dumb, as I have the ability to make verbal speech, nor am I an ass, as I am a homo sapiens. In the future I hope you will refrain from such childish antics. :)
By The American Lion
The cartoon implies that the defeat of the Afghan government aided America in defeating Hussein, and that, in some way, Hussein was dependant on the Taliban.

I should also make note that I am neither dumb, as I have the ability to make verbal speech, nor am I an ass, as I am a homo sapiens. In the future I hope you will refrain from such childish antics.

No. It implies that the fall of the Taliban was the start of the domino effect of fall of authortarianism in the middle east.
By Ombrageux
No. It implies that the fall of the Taliban was the start of the domino effect of fall of authortarianism in the middle east.

IE, that the fall of the Taliban aided in the fall of Saddam

:knife:

Which is a stretch at best.
By Saf

In the cartoon, Iraq is knocked over by Afghanistan. Like you just said, the domino effect. It directly implies the statement, "Afghanistan's fall caused Iraq's fall." Afghanistan falling makes Iraq fall and so on and so forth. Remove the political blinders and take another look: it's just a shitty and not well thought-out cartoon, whether you're for or against the WoT.
By Andres

I just love the Onion
Last edited by Andres on 09 Apr 2005 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
By Smith 2.0
Two recent Steve Bells on the UK election:

:lol:

What do the tweets say? ——————— So with Palestin[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]