Satire week begining 17/05/2004 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Jesse

I'd love to see a:

Germany.

...After the Reichstag Fire.

Ah, the irony.
By STA
Yeah, stupid gays. :roll:
By Dark Canuck
Is "activist judge" a conservative only term? I only hear it used by pigs when legislation isn't going their way.
By Boondock Saint
This one makes total sense to me ... all this hubub about Cuba lately has confused me to no end ... Cuba is nothing ... why the US is bothering to waste resources just boggles the mind.

By The American Lion
The London Telegraph reports: French 35-hour week 'a disaster'.

The French government yesterday described the 35-hour working week as a financial disaster that was costing the state billions of pounds and promised to reform the system despite fierce union opposition.[i]

This story comes via TIA Daily, where Robert Tracinski noted:

[i]This "war on ambition," as I dubbed it, has been enforced by such repugnant measures as searching the briefcases of young executives as they leave their office buildings, to ensure that they are not taking extra work home with them.

Is it any wonder why France's economy is on the skids?
http://www.coxandforkum.com/
By Adrien

New revelations about tortures in Iraq put the Pentagon against the wall.
By McPherson
:lol: Le Monde humor...so conceptual, so ugly, so true!
By Adrien
I just love the cartoons of Le Monde but I must confess that Serguei is not technically a good cartoonist! It's pretty ugly.. But Plantu however, it's all good!

:)
By Boondock Saint

:lol: The second one pretty much defines the Bush administration ... just keep saying it ...
By | I, CWAS |
Bush To Make Film To Oust Michael Moore From Hollywood -

George Bush has revealed his intention to make a film that exposes some of film producer Michael Moore’s dark secrets and release it before the 2004 Presidential Election. The film comes after Michael Moore’s film ‘Fahrenheit 9-11’ premiered at the Cannes film festival receiving mixed reviews despite a 15-minute standing ovation.

The President has already managed to generate publicity for his film by claiming that Disney has refused to distribute his film. Disney though has denied this and says the reason it is not distributing Mr Bush’s film is because he has yet to make it.

The President is apparently hard at work thinking up plot lines and researching Michael Moore’s background. Apparently the film will revolve around a scandal two years ago when Michael Moore ate all of his neighbour’s donuts.

“Look at how sinister this character is,” Mr Bush explained, “He claims that I am abusing my position of power, have ties with Osama Bin Laden and have illegally invaded Iraq. However this comes from a man who stole all of his neighbour donuts after being invited into his home.”

People who have seen Michael Moore’s film have claimed that whilst it raises serious questions they do not think it will cause serious damage to President Bush’s presidential campaign. However following the announcement of Mr Bush’s film about Michael Moore, book makers have claimed that it is now extremely unlikely for Mr Moore to become President in this year’s elections.

President Bush has attributed it to the strength of his film documentary about Michael Moore’s donut stealing days, however critics have claimed it is more likely down to the fact Michael Moore is not likely to stand as a Presidential candidate. They have claimed it is a bad idea for Mr Bush to try and fight Michael Moore on his home ground as he tried that with the Iraqis and has just ended up making a mess of the situation.
By Liberal
Shouldnt he have longer hair?
He is a hippie, after all ;)
By Boondock Saint

This next one only reminds me how happy I am to be in a nation and a region that has no royalty ...

Yet ... I still had to see about this old world nonsense here in the states ... I have no idea why Europeans allow this nonsense to continue. Do not these royals live off the tax payers? Why in goats name would citizens agree to this?
By Adrien
From what I've heard the Spanish royals don't cost that much money to the tax-payers of their country, and the citizens don't want to see the king out because they have a huge respect for him. Some talk of "Juan-Carlism" rather than "Monachism", because it's been prooved that the majority of the Spaniards is Republican.

The British Royals do cost a damn lot of money to the Brits however, and in that case I really can't understand why they're still at the head of the UK!

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]