Satire for Feb - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Spin
He makes a good point, freedom of speech is just that, the Danes have a right to mock Mohamed just as much as Muslims have a right to mock Jews.

No because one can chose to associate oneself with a religion, which is not the same as race.
By Falx
Um, TAL those swasticas are the wrong way arond. Otherwise the cartoonist is just wishing jews good fortune with the version he used.
By ianulus
By Ombrageux
Steve Bell is crap.

By Mecha

~Mecha
By Un Owen
By Dark Canuck
Holocaust denial is the same satire then, in the cartoonist's opinion?
Saying Mohammad is a camel fucker or some such doesn't carry the same offence as denying the deaths and cruelty we know actually happened.
By Korimyr the Rat
Ain't much difference between saying that Jews are filthy subhuman barbarians that ought to be expelled (or worse) and saying that Muslims are filthy subhuman barbarians that ought to be expelled (or worse).

Hate speech laws aren't about respecting the victims of previous atrocities; they're about preventing the occurrence of future ones.

Much as I disagree with the concept in general, if such laws are in place, then Muslims should have equal protection under them.
By Spin
Jews = race.
Muslims = religion.

The two are different and should not be treated the same.
By Adrien
Jews = race.
Muslims = religion.

The first one is, and you certainly know it, a highly questionable affirmation!

The difference between the Danish cartoons and the Iranian ones about the Holocaust lies in the implication that they have. The Danish cartoons pin today's violent and dominating trend of Islam politically and internationally speaking, beyond discussions about the dogmas. The Iranian ones on the other hand are made out of genuine hatred, and aim at attacking not the violent and dominating political trend of the State of Israel for instance, but clearly the Jewish religion, through the mocking of not contemporarry acts, but of suffering and deaths.
By | I, CWAS |
Jews = race.
Muslims = religion.

Why not?
By kansaskid
Jews = race.
Muslims = religion.

Race = "A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics."

Religion = "Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. "

last time i checked not all jews were the same skin color nor do they all have large noses.....

Hitler classified the jews as a race....is that the kind of precident you want to follow spin?

are all these jews the same race?
By Spin
Hitler classified the jews as a race....is that the kind of precident you want to follow spin?

OMG because HITLER DID IT.

Just because Hitler said the Jews were a race, doesn't make the statement wrong or evil. In fact your comment is retarded. Because Hitler liked women, does that make heterosexuality wrong?

last time i checked not all jews were the same skin color nor do they all have large noses.....

There is the Jewish race, and Judaism, the relgion. They are not the same. There are genes that different Jews possess. It is hard however to say Jewish race, since Jewish migration means that there are in fact several different races that may come under Jewish.
By kansaskid
OMG because HITLER DID IT.

ok

1)its obvious that you lack knowledge of history because what i meant (and what most people would get) is that is how he justified the killing of millions of jews.

2)"OMG"? come on can you not type it out? what are you a 13 year old cheerleader?

Just because Hitler said the Jews were a race, doesn't make the statement wrong or evil.

I wasnt saying that just because hitler said it is the reason it is wrong. I said it was because it is factually wrong.

In fact your comment is retarded.

um fact? this seems like a matter of opinion to me

here is the Jewish race, and Judaism, the relgion. They are not the same. There are genes that different Jews possess.

ok and my argument is
It is hard however to say Jewish race, since Jewish migration means that there are in fact several different races that may come under Jewish.

and finally
Because Hitler liked women, does that make heterosexuality wrong?

my response:
your comment is retarded
By Spin
1)its obvious that you lack knowledge of history because what i meant (and what most people would get) is that is how he justified the killing of millions of jews.

Hitler used the fact that the Jews were a race to justify their genocide? You are telling me that I lack historical knowledge? That is taking the piss.

2)"OMG"? come on can you not type it out? what are you a 13 year old cheerleader?

Because I was mocking you?

Whilst we are talking about the presentation of our posts, did you ever learn when to use capital letters?

I wasnt saying that just because hitler said it is the reason it is wrong. I said it was because it is factually wrong.

No, you compared my statement to something Hitler would say. And the Jews are a race.

um fact? this seems like a matter of opinion to me

I would imagine that most people would find a comment saying that someone is following Hitler's precedent (which is wrong, Jews have been classed as a race for centuries) by classifying the Jews as a race.

It is hard however to say Jewish race, since Jewish migration means that there are in fact several different races that may come under Jewish.

There is a specific Jewish race (black hair et al), and there are "Jewish" races. I refer to the first one.

my response:

I would point out that the question was rhetorical, where the clear answer is no. The same applies with this stupid suggestion that you made that classifying Jews as a race, is evil.

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]