Satire week beginning 27/06/2005 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Cap
Triggerhappy-- nice.

By Andres
How is 9/11 even comparable to the Blitz? Arrogant yankee shits.

The cartoon came out after the London subway bombings, and it refers to the current union, as in both overcome terrorist attacks. The cartoon is not a comparison of 9/11 with the Blitz, where did you get that preposterous idea?
By TROI

Self-important American shits.
By Ombrageux
Isn't that what some people are calling the London terror attacks? The Blitz? I think that's what it's referring to, not WW2.
By Boondock Saint
Isn't that what some people are calling the London terror attacks? The Blitz? I think that's what it's referring to, not WW2.

I though thte Blitz directly related to the BoB no?

Your hatred blinds you.
By Ombrageux
Yes, the blitz normally refers to the bombing of britain during WW2. I thought in this context they're referring to the recent terror attacks.
By Andres

Although there is a measure of comparison, when they are clearly not of the same order, I do not think it comes out with that intention. It is more a reminder that that you have suffered worse, and it also a show of solidarity.
By TROI
Your hatred blinds you.

From seeing what?

I thought in this context they're referring to the recent terror attacks.

The London terrorist attacks are represented by a big dark cloud in the top right of the picture with 'London terrorist attacks' written on it
By Boondock Saint
From seeing what?

Clearly.

A show of friendship is automatically spit upon by you, simply because it came from an American cartoonist. The cartoonist was hardly trying to make light of the Britain bombings during WWII, simply that they were attacks on the civilian populace and caused great damage to the people. The 9/11 attacks did the same, caused great damage to the people ... your hatred of the ruling class has turned into hatred of the people as well.
By TROI
A show of friendship is automatically spit upon by you

I don't want to be friends with the American right, working class or ruling.

cartoonist was hardly trying to make light of the Britain bombings during WWII, simply that they were attacks on the civilian populace and caused great damage to the people. The 9/11 attacks did the same

The world trade centre can't compare to the damage caused during the bombing of London during the blitz. The only property damage was to a fortress of capitalism whereas the blitz destroyed peoples homes and businesses as well as lives.
By Boondock Saint
I don't want to be friends with the American right, working class or ruling.

So you hate me as well then?

The world trade centre can't compare to the damage caused during the bombing of London during the blitz. The only property damage was to a fortress of capitalism whereas the blitz destroyed peoples homes and businesses as well as lives.

You are correct about your observations of the London bombings but you are wrong about the 9/11 attacks, I assure you, lives were destroyed and not only of those you so hate.
By TROI
Are you right wing?

I'll rephrase that actually as I already have American friends who are right wing: I don't want any show of sympathy from a political movement that has got us in the shit in the first place.

I assure you, lives were destroyed and not only of those you so hate.

I didn't deny that, I just said that the property and economic damage was much wider. I don't support any attacks on civilians regardless of class.
By Andres
I don't want any show of sympathy from a political movement that has got us in the shit in the first place.

Ok, then just assume the cartoonist put a small disclaimer at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This show of sympathy goes to all Londoners, except the person who goes by the alias of TROI
By QatzelOk
Delete me

[double post]
Last edited by QatzelOk on 22 Jul 2005 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
By QatzelOk
This supposed "show of sympathy" is a cheap ploy to manipulate readers into confusing World War Two with the US-UK imperialist occupation of Iraq. Two very different things.

It's a shame that so many working class Americans relate so well to all the ruling class lies concerning differences between themselves and other working classes in Iraq, Iran or China.

Truth is, the ruling class considers us all as worthless and expendable as Palestinians and Iraqis. People in Ohio get laid off because an elite shareholder in New York can consume more yachts.

The same yacht enthusiast then tells his workers [through his own media] that it's really out of his innocent hands. It must be those Chinese and their unfair trading practices. Or those Moslems with their 5 daily prayers, and their allegiance to Allah [instead of moolah].

Why American blue collar workers don't see this is beyond tragic. I believe the: "Liberals are elitists, while at Enron, we care about working people" advertised TV message has worked on its intended audience.

But in a country as wealthy as America, that such a blatantly false message could find so many believers among those who will be most hurt by it, is sad and dangerous.

And it's a situation that must be attended to as soon as possible. By a group of people less manipulated by the ruling class.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 22 Jul 2005 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

@FiveofSwords Why will an accountant make a be[…]

What do the tweets say? Read them? They have ex[…]

Dude, YouTube is your source? You are not a serio[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]