Satire For July 2011 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Quantum
Suska wrote:Now c'mon... Seriously?

You brits need to translate your cartoons.

ImageImage

First picture - It relates to the NOTW phone hacking scandals and the BskyB takeover. The scandal is making Cameron's shit stink and Murdoch drops his bid to takeover BskyB because Cameron is launching an inquiry into the scandals.

Second picture - Italian economy looks good from the outside but is shit in reality (see the tireless wheels).
By Suska
Well look, it's not it hasn't been said before, I'm just adding my poetry to the trans-Atlantic fist waving.

contemplate the term : gibbering English acid freaks

then examine the evidence :

(did that ugly red faced (boy?) thing pee it's pants?)

for bonus points google "Ralph Steadman"

(...anyone... missing a... heart? It's still beating, wouldn't give it more than a minute or two though.)
Last edited by Suska on 15 Jul 2011 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
By The Immortal Goon
I've made this observation before, but a lot of cartoons in the US are labelled for tradition and for the fact that it's a gigantic place. This cartoon isn't going to make any sense to people outside of Oregon and Washington. That's why it's not in a national paper, and that's why I haven't posted it.

Further, I'm guessing there are quite a few Europeans that wouldn't make any sense out of a cartoon like this:

Which is essentially the same thing but with references from thousands of miles away even if it is labelled so that people from the rest of the country can understand it.

The main thing is that Americans will bitch and complain or ask what the cartoon means, while I'm guessing Europeans that don't understand the debt ceiling jokes in the US probably don't say anything.
By peter_co
By Quantum

First National Congress of the Libertaryan Party, 1925
By amjdmg
By Demosthenes
Due to the large number of flames and other outright fighting that always used to result from the Satire forum, we developed a new way of doing it.

1) One thread per month.
2) No discussion of said satire in that month's satire thread is officially allowed.

All posts in the Satire thread, without a cartoon, video, or some other medium of satire are deleted without notice, warning, or mention.

Many of you seem to have forgotten this as I've had to regularly clean these threads.

You ARE free to copy a satirical post and take the discussion elsewhere, either on-topic or off, which ever is most appropriate.

Your new found cooperation is appreciated!
By Thunderhawk
By jamesbachert
America Resolves the Debt Crisis - Behind Closed Doors

http://bit.ly/qb7Loh

This is a Youtube video my friend and I did. Please like, comment, and subscribe if you enjoyed!

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]