Sex workers to seek justice - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Sex workers from West Bengal today decided that they would be marching to Parliament on March 3 to seek justice, allegedly against police atrocities and harassment by local gangs.
A sex worker said in an interview, they would resort to agitation in front of Parliament as they were harassed several times making their life miserable besides affecting their business.

Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee (DMSC) from Siliguri would lead the team of sex workers to Parliament. Mrs Mithu Das, one of the supervisors of DMSC said police and the goons were regularly harassing the sex workers.

Sex workers of Siliguri said they would appeal to the Government to legalise their profession to live normal life. Ms Das alleged that police often raided their quarters and arrested their clients.

A sex worker of Siliguri, Leena said, ''if the profession is not legalised, then it would be difficult to feed my child.'' Sex workers of Siliguri complained, it was becoming difficult to there bread as the Siliguri Municipal Corporation built a wall at the Khalpara, the sex workers area.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showde ... &cat=India
By | I, CWAS |
Explain this.

Workers involved in the industry the trades sex and sexual related acts/entertainment for remuneration.
By ZhenQ
Hmm, let's just call it prostitution.. :eh: ?
Well, I think the Government would have two choices, either the legalise it, or provide them with a better alternative.
The least thing they should be doing is to raid their quarters..

Great to see the encampments only keep growing and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwXOahI8oU The […]

Winston Churchill for good or for bad, despite ha[…]

(1) It is impossible to please someone who believ[…]