Sikkim - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By N'Djamena
Sikkim, in case you didn't know, is a state of India, in between Nepal and Bhutan.

For 300 years, they were their own country, until 1975, shortly after China invaded India. Sikkim was scared and joined India.

So do they deserve to be independent?
By Amman
Yes they do it was not fair that they had to renounce their indepenedance because of invaders. So India should give them independance.
By Islamic Communist
India is like the US they will never give Sikkim independence now.

But I agree they should be independent.
By Amman
Yes I agree they will never give Sikkim back India needs all the power they can get they cant appear to be weak with the ways things are with them and Pakistan.
By Islamic Communist
Hmm. Sikkim is very small to matter much. But then again without Sikkim there is a very weak spot in India. All China needs to do is croww a couple mountains and they slice off a sizeable piece of India.
By N'Djamena
All China needs to do is croww a couple mountains and they slice off a sizeable piece of India.

"Croww"?

:?:
By Vladimir
I didn't know about this before. Who are the inhabitants, what nation are they?
By N'Djamena
I'm not sure offhand, but since the 1670's they had been their own country. Their people are Sikkimese, but are in the "Indian" ethnic stew; there is no "Indian" ethnicity.
By Vladimir
Ok, so they are closer Indians than to Nepalese and Tibetans?
By Pushkin
i think they were ruled by tibet as a puppet state most of its history.
By José
All China needs to do is croww a couple mountains and they slice off a sizeable piece of India.

"Cross" works.

@FiveofSwords You were discussing the big Cs -[…]

Trump pledges to scrap offshore wind projects on[…]

Then clarify exactly what you meant when you said[…]

...People tend to empathize with victims of viole[…]