Dalai Lama said that he was The Son of India - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Eauz
[Eauz Edit: Where did you find this information? Please provide a link or something, otherwise, I'm deleting this topic.]
By Teen Politican
sorry for my fault :roll:

I call myself a son of India, says Dalai Lama

New Delhi, March 31 (IANS) Calling himself a son of India, the Dalai Lama, the spiritual head of the Tibetan Buddhists, Tuesday praised the “non-sectarian principles” of the country on the 50th anniversary of his escape from Tibet.
“The non-sectarian principles are very much alive in this country. Fifty years ago, I came to India as a 24-year-old homeless refugee and have been greatly inspired since then by great leaders like (first prime minister) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru,” he said.

“I call myself a son of India. Over the years Tibetans have developed very close ties with the country,” the Dalai Lama told a crowded press conference here.

He escaped from the Norbulingka Palace in Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, during the night of March 17, 1959, after a failed uprising and the collapse of the Tibetan national resistance movement against the Chinese communist regime. He reached India after a 14-day trek through the Himalayan mountains.

March 31 is observed by the Tibetans in exile as the “National Uprising Day”.

“I personally think my life in India has been very meaningful and I have gathered experience from followers of other traditions like Hinduism, Jainism, Christianity, Islam and Judaism,” said the spiritual leader, who visited eight places of worship in the capital Tuesday morning as part his mission to spread communal harmony and secularism.

The Dalai Lama, who has been engaged in talks with the Chinese government for an amicable solution to the Tibetan refugee issue, said: “It is very difficult to say what will happen after 50 years between Tibet and China. But we definitely have more support and solidarity from within the Chinese community.”

“Recently, I was in Poland and I found that the feeling of solidarity in the European Union for the Tibetan cause was very strong. We are not seeking secession, but total autonomy,” the Dalai Lama said.

In the last round of negotiations, the Tibetan government in exile, based in Dharamsala in India, had been able to hand over a more detailed memorandum to the Chinese government explaining how to implement the new constitution it drafted for an autonomous Tibet, said Samdhong Rinpoche, prime minister of the Tibetan government in exile, which is not recognised by any nation.

The Dalai Lama urged the media to investigate “if the situation in Tibet was as peaceful as the Chinese government claimed or there was resentment”.

“Everyone - the European countries, Australia, North America, Australia, Japan and New Zealand - knows about our position, but the Chinese… It is your responsibility to make it clear to your government. Otherwise, your reportage is meaningless,” he told a correspondent from China.

The Dalai Lama said Tibetans were looking at a legitimate autonomy that would enable them to live within the framework of the People’s Republic of China.

After the “crackdown” by the Chinese authorities on Tibetan protesters in 2008, majority of the Tibetans preferred a middle-way policy, he said.

“We are committed to ahimsa (non-violence) and peaceful negotiations,” the Dalai Lama said.

Falling back on the history of Tibet-China ties, he said while signing the 17-point agreement, former Chinese premier Zhou Enlai said autonomy was a reasonable demand.

source:http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncategorized/i-call-myself-a-son-of-india-says-dalai-lama_100173776.html
By Okonkwo
So, what's so laughable about this?
The Dalai Lama's religion is rooted in India, India gave him refuge when he had to flee Tibet and India is still continuing to give the Tibetans a place to live. Of course he should consider himself more Indian than Chinese, he spent half a century there.
By Celebriton
Tibet has the same language group with Chinese. It call Sino-Tibetan language, different from Indo-European language use in India, Iran and Europe.

They has the same culture in the past.

China is also Buddhism, in Mahayana Sect like Tibet. Many Chinese see Tibet monk so much respect. And most of Chinese overseas who Buddhism is their religion saw Dalai Lhama as high as Pope in Vatican.

Basically he is more Chinese rather than Indian.

But yes, Dalai Lhama life long in India, I can't complain he said so.
By Okonkwo
Celebriton wrote:Tibet has the same language group with Chinese.

So? It shares a similar script with India, that argument is moot.

Celebriton wrote:They has the same culture in the past.

Nonsense.
Tibetan culture is a unique one that developed under its specific geographic and climatic conditions. The rely on pastorialism and on a different cuisine. Tibetan culture has been influenced by India and Mongolia, but the remoteness of the region, including its high altitude have made it practically distinctive from every other culture in the region.

Celebriton wrote:China is also Buddhism, in Mahayana Sect like Tibet. Many Chinese see Tibet monk so much respect. And most of Chinese overseas who Buddhism is their religion saw Dalai Lhama as high as Pope in Vatican.

Buddhism has exerted a particularly strong influence on Tibetan culture since its introduction in the 7th Century. Art, literature, and music all contain elements of Buddhist religion, and Buddhism itself has adopted a unique form in Tibet, influenced by the Bön tradition and other local beliefs. The Indian Vajrayana Buddhism has had as much of an influence as Mahayana Buddhism did.

Celebriton wrote:Basically he is more Chinese rather than Indian.

An outright lie.
He is neither Chinese nor Indian, he is Tibetan.
By Celebriton
Celebriton wrote:
Tibet has the same language group with Chinese.

So? It shares a similar script with India, that argument is moot.

I mean same language group. From that we can trace their ancestor came from the same tribe. Sino-Tibetan language is not widen use like Indo-European or Turks-Mongols language. They just exist in China, Tibet and Myanmar. Script can be adopted, but language, like grammar is not that easy. From that, many historian or anthropologist trace how human spreading.

Celebriton wrote:
They has the same culture in the past.

Nonsense.
Tibetan culture is a unique one that developed under its specific geographic and climatic conditions. The rely on pastorialism and on a different cuisine. Tibetan culture has been influenced by India and Mongolia, but the remoteness of the region, including its high altitude have made it practically distinctive from every other culture in the region.

It almost the same, compare with India. India building in the past is more like Angkor Wat in Cambodia and Borobudur temple in Indonesia. Today, India is more Persia.

Chinese people in the past is more like Mongolia, or nomad steppe people, before the era of farming. Because of farming, those people became Chinese.

Celebriton wrote:
Basically he is more Chinese rather than Indian.

An outright lie.
He is neither Chinese nor Indian, he is Tibetan.

Look at his face, he is more Chinese or Mongoloid rather than Indian. India is more like Caucasian to me.
By Okonkwo
Celebriton wrote:I mean same language group.

I am well aware of the initial intention of your argument, but having shown that any linguistic relation can be built up, to both Chinese and Indian renders your argument invalid. The relation to a regional language is not an argument in favour of the population's make-up due to the prevalence of both Indian and Chinese influences in the Tibetan culture.

Celebriton wrote:From that, many historian or anthropologist trace how human spreading.

The matter of fact is that you cannot determine the precise origin of the Tibetan people, there is almost no knowledge about the subject.
There have been theories relating to the Mongolic descent of the Tibetans, while others suggest an Indo-Scythian component in the Tibetan ethnic group, with some others even suggesting a South-East Asian origin.
These theories are equally credible, there has been one genetic study that determined that they share a lot of traits with Central Asians in general.

In conclusion, you cannot assign the Tibetan people a relation to any particular ethnic group (in our case Han Chinese or Indian) more than another, seeing as how their precise origin remains unknown. To construct any theories of claims by the Chinese to Tibetan cultural heritage or even land claims is thus invalid, and, quite frankly, rather ridiculous outright historical revisionism.
By Celebriton
Because of there's no evidence of the origin of Tibetan people and Chinese people (Han Chinese), many historian and anthropologist using those method to explain their origin. I can said it as speculative assumption. But culture can be easily adopted or learned, but language is not that easy. Cultural exchange is everywhere I think.

India is formed by 3 great races. The Caucasian nomadic people from Persia/Europe, Mongoloid people (Tibetan in Himalaya) and Dravida (the India Native people).

In Han Chinese there's a lot of people decedent from Mongolia and Southeast Asian too. We can see a lot of different face between each people and a huge contrast between northern Han Chinese and southern Han Chinese. Different skin colors too. Han Chinese is also formed by many groups of tribes, countries. With many different language, culture and writing system.

@QatzelOk you know what I really enjoy about you[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]

It's not an inference that Hamas wants to kill be[…]