Why do you hate us? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By JMJX
When you are silent because the government prosecutes you for saying certain things, that's bad and should stop. When you speak, perhaps you are under the influence of government propaganda, and perhaps that's not good - but what we want isn't for you to stop speaking, even if we do thing you're wrong. With very few exceptions nobody is telling you to go away, and saying that you're mistaken on some things isn't doing that.

I don't complete agree with you on that we are been prosecuted and influenced to say certain things, but I respect that. If you really believe in that and have proof to back it up, then I welcome you to correct me. What I cannot stand is some ppl taking us for idiots and think everything we say is under the gov't influence and does not need to be proven wrong.
By Timkunming
JMJX,
There's no need to treat me differently. See, this is one of the great things about the internet. I am still part of China, as are you. Therefore, "we" are the people. This is a wonderful thing, as the internet is the only place in China where we can freely discuss our opinions in public.
Now, recently the CCP wants us to create the "harmonious society" and to be "civilized" in every way. What does it mean? What does it really mean?
Now, you criticized several of my responses to adamlee's post, and of course I'm grateful for that. It's interesting to see your take on the issues. However, I must say I disagree. That's that. Like Jack Cafferty on CNN, the clip we are shown on CCTV1 ( I saw it yesterday!) is just a PORTION of what he said. The CCTV1 showed the clip out of context. Not only that, but that is the man's opinion. When the Chinese slander the Japanese, no one bats an eyelid. Chinese think this is acceptable. Why is it so hard for us to listen to critcism? Why can't the Chinese people take criticism, and learn from it, or simply let it go? Why must the Chinese people be so sensitive to their own image when the west knows more about our country's history than we do ourselves!

Adamlee, you mentioned that the history of the United States is built on Indian's blood. Of course, that's true to some extent. Just as Scotland, and Ireland were for the English. Just as many places all over the world, such as Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang, Tibet, and even here in Yunnan, which was once the "Nanzhao Kingdom." However, in the west as to my understanding, this period of history is studied by students (at least in the case of the united states) and looked upon as a shameful moment in history for the American people, as well as slavery. When was the last time we really study anything about the Cultural Revolution in our school, or the "Ten Years of Chaos?" Never! We learn nothing because it was a shameful thing done to the Chinese people by our own leaders. When did we learn about the "Great Leap Forward" or perhaps the "100 Flowers Campaign?" We learn nothing of them, because we are lied to and taught a false history. But we certainly study enough about the "Anti-Japanese War" don't we?

Why can't I watch CNN in China, or the BBC? Why can't I buy the New York Times, the Washington Post, or other famous western publications? Why can't the CCP allow competing points of view? WAKE UP! We are being lied to, and the CCP is using our sensitivity against us. The last time our people stood up against them was on June 4, 1989. Look what they did to the people for making their own decisions and forming their own opinions.

The west may be biased, Jack Cafferty, the French, the Torch Relay protests may be upsetting, and they may be wrong, but first we have to ask the most important questions at home in order to improve our own standards, otherwise we look like hypocrites and fools protesting countries with a free press, when we don't even have the same luxury in our own.
By Tailz
Adamlee wrote:
can I have the rights to express my own ideas?

Yes certainly, but if your trying to pass those ideas off as fact or truth, you better make certain they are fact or truth as they will be rebuffed if they are not.

American history is the one of original indian's blood and tears.

Just because the Americans oppressed the Indians, does that make it legitimate for China to do it to because America once did? But I think Timkunming writes the best response to you about this topic.

Jmjx wrote:
You have yet to prove that Tibetans are actually been discriminated against and supressed

Why should we bother to display this information, knowing already that you would fob it off as lies - you see we have all been through that dance a few times before. We provide info, you say its propaganda and western lies, and the dance starts all over again.

Timkunming wrote:
The west may be biased, Jack Cafferty, the French, the Torch Relay protests may be upsetting, and they may be wrong, but first we have to ask the most important questions at home in order to improve our own standards, otherwise we look like hypocrites and fools protesting countries with a free press, when we don't even have the same luxury in our own.

I feel for you Timkunming, really I do. I think your on the right track, and I wish there was more like you. But these guys believe, they believe in the lies, and the truth will be too painful for them to bare.
By JMJX
JMJX,
There's no need to treat me differently. See, this is one of the great things about the internet. I am still part of China, as are you. Therefore, "we" are the people. This is a wonderful thing, as the internet is the only place in China where we can freely discuss our opinions in public.
Now, recently the CCP wants us to create the "harmonious society" and to be "civilized" in every way. What does it mean? What does it really mean?
Now, you criticized several of my responses to adamlee's post, and of course I'm grateful for that. It's interesting to see your take on the issues. However, I must say I disagree. That's that. Like Jack Cafferty on CNN, the clip we are shown on CCTV1 ( I saw it yesterday!) is just a PORTION of what he said. The CCTV1 showed the clip out of context. Not only that, but that is the man's opinion. When the Chinese slander the Japanese, no one bats an eyelid. Chinese think this is acceptable. Why is it so hard for us to listen to critcism? Why can't the Chinese people take criticism, and learn from it, or simply let it go? Why must the Chinese people be so sensitive to their own image when the west knows more about our country's history than we do ourselves!

Adamlee, you mentioned that the history of the United States is built on Indian's blood. Of course, that's true to some extent. Just as Scotland, and Ireland were for the English. Just as many places all over the world, such as Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang, Tibet, and even here in Yunnan, which was once the "Nanzhao Kingdom." However, in the west as to my understanding, this period of history is studied by students (at least in the case of the united states) and looked upon as a shameful moment in history for the American people, as well as slavery. When was the last time we really study anything about the Cultural Revolution in our school, or the "Ten Years of Chaos?" Never! We learn nothing because it was a shameful thing done to the Chinese people by our own leaders. When did we learn about the "Great Leap Forward" or perhaps the "100 Flowers Campaign?" We learn nothing of them, because we are lied to and taught a false history. But we certainly study enough about the "Anti-Japanese War" don't we?

Why can't I watch CNN in China, or the BBC? Why can't I buy the New York Times, the Washington Post, or other famous western publications? Why can't the CCP allow competing points of view? WAKE UP! We are being lied to, and the CCP is using our sensitivity against us. The last time our people stood up against them was on June 4, 1989. Look what they did to the people for making their own decisions and forming their own opinions.

I promise I will not treat you differently. I grouped the ppl the way I did solely for the convenience of reference.

If you believe that Jack Cafferty actually intented a different meaning in those text, then plz quote him in full and prove that it really didn't mean what it seemed to be.

Also, I do not support the attacks on Japanese, for most of them are irrational. Such attacks are wrong. Though I cannot deny that I do hold hostility against them, both for the crime they committed to us in WWII and refuse to apologies it until today, and also for they invading East China Sea and Diaoyu Island recently.

I do not mind criticism as long as they are constructive. In fact I welcome such critcism, but unfortunately I don't see much of those coming from the West. Take the much criticised "Only-Child" Policy for example, West criticised that it brought forced abortion and infanticide, but I really don't see an alternative on the problem, if any one can suggest a more effective way to control the population with no side-effects, then plz.
And in the case of Cafferty, I don't see how his comment can be constructive. In fact, it seems like a plain discrimative insult to me in every way. It cannot and will not be accepted.

And about your comment on "he west knows more about our country's history than we do ourselves". I am not sure what you are refering to.
By Timkunming
I'm mostly referring to the period from 1949-1979 and even afterwards. There are many things we don't know about our own country that are taken as common knowledge in the west. I mentioned a few things specifically - if you wish to, please look them up through a proxy or another method of hiding your computer's IP address.

The attacks in general on foreigners or westerners are irrational. If the French government or the US government sanctioned such words against China, I would be upset as well. This would be bad form for international politics. However, this hasn't happened. Jack Cafferty, whether or not we agree with what he said, has the right to say such things in the USA. There's nothing stopping him, just as there is nothing stopping people from slandering Jack Cafferty if they wish to do so. The important thing is to consider that everyone is free to say what they feel, whether we agree with it or are able to accept it or not.

In reference to Japan, I believe in the early 1970s the Prime Minister named Tanaka had a meeting with Mao Zedong and officials in Beijing. This is when official relations continued between China and Japan, and all matters relating to apologies for past crimes and reparations was resolved. Apparently Mao Zedong refused money from the Japanese, but please don't quote me on this as I don't have specific information at hand right now, this is all from memory. This is why Japanese shows and music was quite popular in China in the early 80s, as I'm sure you remember. Only recently did the hatred escalate when the Japanese wished to join the seat on the UN Security Council.

There is much criticism coming from the west, but we have to decide which ones to listen to. Some news agencies make false reports about China in relation to Tibet. They should be scolded for this. However, we only have one source of news here in China, and that is the government. The west has hundreds if not thousands, all reporting independently of government intervention. This is my only problem here in our country at the moment - why can't we enjoy the same? If we are truly a people's country, run by the people's government, why can't the people decide what they wish and don't wish to see, read, and hear?
By adamlee
The last time our people stood up against them was on June 4, 1989. Look what they did to the people for making their own decisions and forming their own opinions.

1 the young students are all pariots, but they are mislead;the occupation of tian'an men square is against chinese law;
2 the leaders of 'June 4' are those who want to lead china to capitalism system;
3 the main target of PLA is the leaders, not the students, a few mis-killed, i'm sorry, but they deserve, why did they not have their own thoughts and ideas, going to street?
4 'june 4' is a danger to china, but China wan eventually, not studying from soviet union, falling apart.
By Timkunming
Is China not capitalist now? Did Deng Xiaoping not say "Black or White Cat, it doesn't matter so long as it catches the mouse?"

In fact, in China we are more capitalist than even western countries, at least in those countries the government will take care of people who can't take care of themselves....we only need to see the poor and crippled in our streets to see what a huge problem that is.

By the way, it is estimated that over 1,000 people are killed during that time. You can find statistics from Beijing hospitals released during that time, and of course plenty of photos...
By Lupiris
I only read the first post, didn't read the responses yet, but want to say really quit, moderation, thats the problem, lack of moderation. Don't always have to chose between anarchy and oppression.

Also a lot of the post were a back and forth thing between China and the U.S., don't know if you realize this but the U.S. doesn't have the best reputation right now. The getting mad for using too much oil and then us going to war for oil and it being "alright" isn't right, most Americans don't think we should be at war.

The U.S. doesn't hate China, our government couldn't afford to take a stance against China. It wouldn't be smart for business...

I don't hate the people of China, but I don't agree at all with their government. Then again I don't agree that much with my own government :lol:
By stalker
Why do you hate us?

Because the smug self-satisfied hypocritic West can't stand a radically different culture, sovereign and potentially as powerful as themselves, develop. Their blood boils with anger at the prospect.
By JMJX
I'm mostly referring to the period from 1949-1979 and even afterwards. There are many things we don't know about our own country that are taken as common knowledge in the west. I mentioned a few things specifically - if you wish to, please look them up through a proxy or another method of hiding your computer's IP address.

The attacks in general on foreigners or westerners are irrational. If the French government or the US government sanctioned such words against China, I would be upset as well. This would be bad form for international politics. However, this hasn't happened. Jack Cafferty, whether or not we agree with what he said, has the right to say such things in the USA. There's nothing stopping him, just as there is nothing stopping people from slandering Jack Cafferty if they wish to do so. The important thing is to consider that everyone is free to say what they feel, whether we agree with it or are able to accept it or not.

In reference to Japan, I believe in the early 1970s the Prime Minister named Tanaka had a meeting with Mao Zedong and officials in Beijing. This is when official relations continued between China and Japan, and all matters relating to apologies for past crimes and reparations was resolved. Apparently Mao Zedong refused money from the Japanese, but please don't quote me on this as I don't have specific information at hand right now, this is all from memory. This is why Japanese shows and music was quite popular in China in the early 80s, as I'm sure you remember. Only recently did the hatred escalate when the Japanese wished to join the seat on the UN Security Council.

There is much criticism coming from the west, but we have to decide which ones to listen to. Some news agencies make false reports about China in relation to Tibet. They should be scolded for this. However, we only have one source of news here in China, and that is the government. The west has hundreds if not thousands, all reporting independently of government intervention. This is my only problem here in our country at the moment - why can't we enjoy the same? If we are truly a people's country, run by the people's government, why can't the people decide what they wish and don't wish to see, read, and hear?

First of all, even though I am Chinese, I am not in China. I don't need a proxy to see these western "common knowledge", and so I have in the past. There are some good ones, but unfortunately, most of them are conspiricy theories or plain BS with no proof what so ever. That's not enough to convince me.

Most ppl are criticizing the media, not the US gov't. Second of all, are you truly naive enough to believe a such a syncrynized attack against China over the western world has no gov't involvement?
Have a right in US or not, it was still discrimination. I still think he is a moron and an A-hole, and I'll still use his comments to proof he is so.

In reference to Japan, in 1972, Tanaka's exact words were, "わが国が中国国民に多大なご迷惑をおかけしたことについて,私は改めて深い反省の念を表明するものであります。", which translates to "Sorry we have made trouble in China, we will reflect upon ourselves." The wording is pretty much what you say when you stepped on someones shoe. I do not consider that an apology for the crime they committed in China, nor do most Chinese or our gov't.

Plz, if that's wat you think then list the major western media that reported the truth rather than made up crap on the Tibet event. Most Chinese do believe the western media more than the gov't before this, but the western media really f***ed it up this time. Chinese have saw the true face of the western media and lost faith in them. So the "free" and "democratic" western media could shut up now.

And as for gov't disallowing other opinions, here is a link to a newspaper office that is known for speaking out against the gov't policies. Though I don't agree with it all the time, I do love to see it questioning the gov't. So there are different voices in China, you just haven't payed attention to them.
http://www.nanfangdaily.com.cn/southnews/dd/dsb/
By Dr House
Because the smug self-satisfied hypocritic West can't stand a radically different culture, sovereign and potentially as powerful as themselves, develop. Their blood boils with anger at the prospect.

Well, I dunno about the rest of em but what I can't stand is the undemocratic "communist" regime that censors the Internet, sends millions of people to gulags to make toys for us, and forces women to have abortions.

-Dr House :smokin:
By Harmattan
First of all, even though I am Chinese, I am not in China. I don't need a proxy to see these western "common knowledge", and so I have in the past. There are some good ones, but unfortunately, most of them are conspiricy theories or plain BS with no proof what so ever. That's not enough to convince me.

Well, since China has been closed for a long time and since USA treated them as communist foes during the cold war, it is probably hard to find good and well documented books anywhere. If you can speak some european or asian languages (other than chineese) maybe you could be more succesful. No guarantee however, it is pure speculation.

Plz, if that's wat you think then list the major western media that reported the truth rather than made up crap on the Tibet event. Most Chinese do believe the western media more than the gov't before this, but the western media really f***ed it up this time. Chinese have saw the true face of the western media and lost faith in them. So the "free" and "democratic" western media could shut up now.

A few remarks here...
* First of all stop to talk about "western medias". You certainly not have an exhaustive view of the western medias and there is a great heterogeneity. In my own country I can name crappy ones and good ones. I don't think those last ones have done anything wrong since they've been very cautious due to the lack of information.
* No need to put "free" and "democratic" in quotation marks. Some can write bullshits, this is still free and democratic.
* I find interesting your remark the western medias lost prestige from the chinees people's point of view.

Second of all, are you truly naive enough to believe a such a syncrynized attack against China over the western world has no gov't involvement?

Well, for the most part, govts have obviously nothing to do with it.

Govts have something to do with it since some of them (especially CIA) intrumentalized the Dalai Lama for a long time, utmostly simplyfing the situation with the good tibetans and the bad chineeses. And, now, opinion has been set up on this point of view.

However, they certainly have nothing to do with the current protestations since it is not in their interest : they only have things to lose here since China use commercial retorsion as an answer. At most, perhaps some of them wanted to use smooth pressure in order to make human rights progress in China, but nothing more and they would have certainly not done things that way. Actually, this whole mess will not help western governements, whatever their intentions were.

Finally, the synchronization is only due to the current focus on China because of the olymics game and the olympics torch. And since the chineese governement violently reacted with true ammos to the tibetan events, it drew attention even more. Really, this is no surprise there is such a buzz worldwide. No need for a western conspiracy.
By JFaulkner
Harmattan wrote:First of all stop to talk about "western medias". You certainly not have an exhaustive view of the western medias and there is a great heterogeneity. In my own country I can name crappy ones and good ones. I don't think those last ones have done anything wrong since they've been very cautious due to the lack of information.

I'd agree that not all Western media is shit, just because you have idiots like the one on CNN making broad statements about China. You do get TV programmes and print media which focus more on the positive progress China is making. For example, today, on a Business Channel, I saw a programme focusing on the success of Chinese entrepreneurs.
By JMJX
Well, since China has been closed for a long time and since USA treated them as communist foes during the cold war, it is probably hard to find good and well documented books anywhere. If you can speak some european or asian languages (other than chineese) maybe you could be more succesful. No guarantee however, it is pure speculation.

Agreed, that's why I don't buy the "what we don't know the westerners take for common knowledge". Just because they took it for common knowledge doesn't mean it is the truth.

A few remarks here...
* First of all stop to talk about "western medias". You certainly not have an exhaustive view of the western medias and there is a great heterogeneity. In my own country I can name crappy o nes and good ones. I don't think those last ones have done anything wrong since they've been very cautious due to the lack of information.
* No need to put "free" and "democratic" in quotation marks. Some can write bullshits, this is still free and democratic.
* I find interesting your remark the western medias lost prestige from the chinees people's point of view.

*When I speak of western media, I am only refering to the major ones, like CNN, BBC and such, which almost all of them are involve in the Tibet event. There might be good ones at where you are, but they are not what I am concerned about. *Then controlling the media is not really a sign of a dictatorship either, the US gov't does it too.
*Since you are interested, I'll elaborate on this point a little bit. In the 50s~60s, while we were still in the Cold War. Information from enemy states are strictly controlled, PPl use radio to VOA(the Voice of America) and believe they were telling the truth. And as China became more and more open, VOA started slowly losing its reputation as a truthful media. But this did not become obvious until around 2000. When the Americans bombed Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia and killed 3 ppl in 1999, the VOA said that the mis-bombarment was understandable, and the Chinese gov't is overreacting, trying to make a deal out of it, and lack of cooperative spirit. And then the recent Tibet incident has completely destroyed the image of the wester media among the Chinese ppl.

Well, for the most part, govts have obviously nothing to do with it.

Govts have something to do with it since some of them (especially CIA) intrumentalized the Dalai Lama for a long time, utmostly simplyfing the situation with the good tibetans and the bad chineeses. And, now, opinion has been set up on this point of view.

However, they certainly have nothing to do with the current protestations since it is not in their interest : they only have things to lose here since China use commercial retorsion as an answer. At most, perhaps some of them wanted to use smooth pressure in order to make human rights progress in China, but nothing more and they would have certainly not done things that way. Actually, this whole mess will not help western governements, whatever their intentions were.

You think the western world has nothing to gain by doing this, so they cannot be involve. However, I disagree. It was not for economical gains. It's more for a comflict of ideology. Recently, China is taking a huge hit in the stock market and is going through an inflation problem. Using the Tibet incident to attack China and question the Olympics, could cause unstability and put pressure on China. And thus, add more weight when negotiating with China. I don't believe that the gov'ts of the western world are not involved, cause that's saying all these media over the world has suddenly took an interest on Tibet, and decided to make up crap individually. That is unthinkable to me.
By stalker
House wrote:Well, I dunno about the rest of em but what I can't stand is the undemocratic "communist" regime that censors the Internet, sends millions of people to gulags to make toys for us, and forces women to have abortions.

China's incarceration rate is a lot lower than America's.

As for the latter, I believe it's mostly financial penalties now. Not that forcing women to have abortions is a bad idea when you have a rapidly growing and industrializing population threatening to destroy the environment.
By Dr House
Not that forcing women to have abortions is a bad idea when you have a rapidly growing and industrializing population threatening to destroy the environment.

See, I don't like you when you say shit like that.
By Harmattan
*When I speak of western media, I am only refering to the major ones, like CNN, BBC and such, which almost all of them are involve in the Tibet event. There might be good ones at where you are, but they are not what I am concerned about.

I understand your position but I would like to stress out you're only talking about anglo-saxons medias here. Since I am french, I am obviously shocked to be so roughly assimilated with them.

Not that the whole french medias did far better. Besides, generally speaking, our main tv journal is pure crap while the bbc has a rather good reputation. But, still, I am french and I cannot bear to be judged for what americans or english do. :D

Then controlling the media is not really a sign of a dictatorship either, the US gov't does it too.

No, that's far more complicated. They don'y control since they don't say to them "you have to write this and you cannot write that". However, they're sometimes providing them false informations the journalists more or less trust (the post - 9/11 american journalism has been damn bad on that side). There are also somefriendhsips bounds here and there, influence problems, etc.

I saw the "lions for lambs" movie recently and I think they did a good job at showing some of those complex mechanisms. One of the two main storylines shows an american journalist who is invited in one of the white house's consellor's desk to be presented a new strategic plan for Afghanistan, and their strange relation (frustration, contempt, manipulation, interdependency but opposite motives, ...). If you really think the govts straightly control the medias, you should absolutely have a look.

Since you are interested...

Wow ! I am amazed the VOA could have been considered as a trustful media for so long. I can understand this of course, it is all logical. But it still amazes me. Thanks for the information.

You think the western world has nothing to gain by doing this, so they cannot be involve. However, I disagree. It was not for economical gains. It's more for a comflict of ideology. Recently, China is taking a huge hit in the stock market and is going through an inflation problem. Using the Tibet incident to attack China and question the Olympics, could cause unstability and put pressure on China. And thus, add more weight when negotiating with China. I don't believe that the gov'ts of the western world are not involved, cause that's saying all these media over the world has suddenly took an interest on Tibet, and decided to make up crap individually. That is unthinkable to me.

Well, I would like answer with twopoints here :
* First of all, I know China is really frightened by a separatist scenario. However, western countries do not seem to buy this one so I doubt they could try such a strategy. Of course, I can be wrong and it is possible that different intelligence agencies recommended to use that. Still, I don't think this is achievable.

* Seocnd of all, I am absolutely and completely sure the current focus on Tibet and so on has nothing to do with any govts move. There was a focus on China because of the olympics, there was a public debate on whether we should go there or not (it started as soon as the olympic comitee granted the games to your country but it has been relived in january-february), Tibet has the favors of the opinions for a long time now (because of past govts move, sure, but today it looks more like a problem for them) and the chineese govt suddenly used real ammos on their people (something we don't do here, you know). It was far more than what is necessary to create a big media buzz. It is only natural and there is *absolutely* no need for a govt intervention/conspiration. And the Ockham's razor tells us so.

Besides, I told you our governements do not straightly control medias and you really have to understand how they influence them. Here, our gouvernements did not relayed any information about what happened in Tibet (medias have their owns correspondants there) and there is no sign of a gvt influence.
By Timkunming
I can't seem but thinking that my point isn't going through very clearly.

JMJX, my intention is not to sway you to either viewpoint. However, I do wish to maintain that the best result between two parties can only come from open and thoughtful discussion. This is not something which happens in China.

Now, you don't live in this country. That doesn't mean you can't understand things as well as I can, and in fact I would be contradicting myself if I claimed that. However, no matter what you think of the "western media" - many people in China are grateful for them as in the past they have helped to reveal the truth about what was going on here in China, most particularly concerning FLG. My wife and I truly believed everything we were told in the media until we find out the truth from the outside and on our trip to Hong Kong. Thanks to their free press we were able to read many books and receive a lot of information concerning the communist party that we hadn't seen before.

No matter which way you think, "Western media" is not one entity. You're generalizing dozens of countries and millions of people and thousands of news agencies. If a majority of them are criticizing Chinese government policy, they must be onto something. Not only that, if you were living here you would see quite clearly that something is wrong. Corruption is everywhere, and most of the educated understand and know that the government is deceptive. All we can usually say is, "what can I do?"
By JMJX
I can't seem but thinking that my point isn't going through very clearly.

JMJX, my intention is not to sway you to either viewpoint. However, I do wish to maintain that the best result between two parties can only come from open and thoughtful discussion. This is not something which happens in China.

Now, you don't live in this country. That doesn't mean you can't understand things as well as I can, and in fact I would be contradicting myself if I claimed that. However, no matter what you think of the "western media" - many people in China are grateful for them as in the past they have helped to reveal the truth about what was going on here in China, most particularly concerning FLG. My wife and I truly believed everything we were told in the media until we find out the truth from the outside and on our trip to Hong Kong. Thanks to their free press we were able to read many books and receive a lot of information concerning the communist party that we hadn't seen before.

No matter which way you think, "Western media" is not one entity. You're generalizing dozens of countries and millions of people and thousands of news agencies. If a majority of them are criticizing Chinese government policy, they must be onto something. Not only that, if you were living here you would see quite clearly that something is wrong. Corruption is everywhere, and most of the educated understand and know that the government is deceptive. All we can usually say is, "what can I do?"

First of all, I said I am not in China right now. It doesn't mean I've never been in China. I was actually born and raised in China. So I do know as much as you do, if not more.
And if you truly believed everything that the gov't told you, then I am sorry, but I personally stopped believe in that around the age of 13~14, as did a lot of my friends.
Also, I am not questioning the western media's influence among Chinese, I am only questioning can they really represent the truth to the Chinese ppl. And no, they have proven by themselves that they cannot.

On the Tibet issue, the western media have show magnificent syncrynization as if they had rehearsal this before, so unfortunately, I will have to group them this way for reference. And you comment on gov't corruption, I agree, but I am not sure how does that have to do with what we are discussing.
By Harmattan
On the Tibet issue, the western media have show magnificent syncrynization as if they had rehearsal this before, so unfortunately, I will have to group them this way for reference.

When I read such a sentence, I can only conclude you do not understand the western world.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And furthermore, it is my considered opinion that[…]

You are mistaken about this. Even if you studied […]

He is a bad candidate. He is the only candidat[…]