Family values seen key to solving problems of the youth - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Well, something would need to be done, and it isn't a poor observation at all.

Enhancing family values is the key to solving the problems concerning the youth of today. This is the consensus of those present during the Harampang Ha PIA held in connection with the World Population Day held on July 11.

Education begins at home as early as when the child is in the womb of the mother. Whatever values the parents have will be imbibed by the baby. If the baby is loved then she will learn to love others. If she is respected, he will respect other people too.

When the child starts going to school, the teachers will immediately know what kind of learning she had at home. Her new environment, the teachers, the classmates, will again teach her new facets of character.

This is the reaction to the recommendations of the Young Adolescents Fertility and Sexuality Survey (YAFSS) which says that access to reproductive and family planning services must be given to the youth in order to prevent the high incidence of teenage pregnancies and unwanted pregnancies.

By doing so, is just like telling the youth that they are free to indulge in things which they are not yet ready to do and be accountable for them, most reactors opined. No medical practitioner or health service provider will give artificial contraceptives to the youth, other respondents reacted.

The best thing is to bring back the good family values of yesteryears, inculcate them on the youth and they will surely not go wrong. The youth in the past were not allowed to go out without a mature person to go with them. Nowadays, the youth are seen around without a chaperone.

The school, the family, the church alone cannot educate the youth the proper values because the environment especially the media is full of shows which are not yet appropriate to be seen by the youth, a media practitioner said.

It all goes back to the family, because the parents must be able to supervise the youth in the shows they are watching and the reading materials they are reading.

Source
By MobiusTubes
I agree with many parts of the article, especially the conclusion that parents should be supervising their children. It is a parental obligation. But the media practitioner said that "...the media is full of shows which are not yet appropriate to be seen by the youth." Isn't it the parents job to help supervise what should and shouldn't be seen by their children.

Futhermore, I also agree that many youths do need adult chaperones. But I guess it does depend upon a certain age. You can't have the adult chaperone the person for the rest of his life. Like the article states, early education and communication is best.

I don't know about the information about giving artifical contraceptives to youth. I agree that it should be handed with care. I guess a good question here is "When is a person mature enough to be able to make those decisions?" How to you determine if someone is mature enough to hand the responsibilities of parenthood? What are the decision making mechanisms?
By | I, CWAS |
I agree with many parts of the article, especially the conclusion that parents should be supervising their children. It is a parental obligation. But the media practitioner said that "...the media is full of shows which are not yet appropriate to be seen by the youth." Isn't it the parents job to help supervise what should and shouldn't be seen by their children.

Yes. I don't support government involvement, however parents should be aware that many things are age-appropriate. Some are blissfully ignorant about the latest cultural trends.

Futhermore, I also agree that many youths do need adult chaperones. But I guess it does depend upon a certain age. You can't have the adult chaperone the person for the rest of his life. Like the article states, early education and communication is best.

Most annoyance crimes (vandalism, etc) are commited by youths. And they are always without a chaperone, when they could/should be at home studying/spending time with family or reading their religious texts. While chaperones have gone out of vogue, parents should at least know where their children are. With cellphones (that have video recording capability) this is a lot easier than it once was.

I guess a good question here is "When is a person mature enough to be able to make those decisions?" How to you determine if someone is mature enough to hand the responsibilities of parenthood? What are the decision making mechanisms?

This is where good parenting has to occur. There is a risk that giving it to them sends a message of "I'm safe so it is fine" then again not giving it to them may have negative consequences. It is a shaky area, and one that families must be heavily involved in.
By ness
How dumb have we become? Its not exactly groundbreaking stuff.
By MobiusTubes
How dumb have we become? Its not exactly groundbreaking stuff.

No one said it was ground breaking. But I do think that CWAS's article brings an interesting question which he kind of touched up in the need for parental involvement.

I agree with him on that families must be involed when discussing sex with their children. But it isn't just sex. It's more about teaching children personal responsibility and how to make good judgment. As simple as that may sound, it isn't a easy job. When should a parent bring up the topic? Should contraceptives be provided? Should I allow my kid to stay out past 10pm when her friends are allowed?

These aren't easy choices, as easy as they may seem. I wouldn't like arguing about curfew and neither do I like being a big brother. I hope I'll have taught my kids good tools to make the correct choice, but when is it right for me to let them lose? I'm human just as they are and I'm capable of mistakes too.

Let other decision making, its the mechanism on how one reaches a rule that is often more important than the rule itself.
By Vladimir
I agree with CWAS; however, the state must certainly promote such actions, in case some families have become ignorant of obvious responsibilites.
World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]