Moroccan Sahara - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Myopinion
Well I am new to this web site and I am writing my very first topic. I chose to write it about the problem that many people around the world ignore or are not even aware of. It's the 35 year old problem of the Moroccan Sahara that many countries call (Western Sahara) without knowing any facts or history about the conflict. I am gonna just briefly talk about the events that happened last week when 11 Moroccan policemen were killed and one of them was actually slaughtered by one of the Militants, All this happened when the Moroccan government tried to free some civilians who were demonstrating about their social problems, but after the government met all their requirements, the residents wanted to leave a camp that was set up out side of the city EL Aoun. That's when many militants that have connections with Al Qaeda and are trained by Algeria and it's secret service refused to let them go back to their homes. When the Moroccans came to free them they were killed and attacked by knives and gas tanks.

Any one has heard or has an opinion about this event? I would like to discuss this and get more opinions if people have any...

Thanks
By Beirut
Dude, Morocco have been sending settlers to Western Sahara since the 90s and whom currently outnumber the indigenous Sahrawis...those settlers got rewarded by getting many services (employment, houses and other) while the indigenous people hardly receive anything from their own country's resources.
Moreover, the unarmed and civil pro-independence Sahrawis were starving after getting crushed by Morocco's siege thus blocking food, medical supplies and water. This, however, did not push the Sahrawi activists to flee their land. To end this, Morocco attacked the camp, knocked them out, burned their properties and arrested them, leaving 19 Sahrawi dead, 723 wounded and 159 missing!!!

Western Sahara should be an autonomous region of Morocco, at worst.

حرب 'العيون' التلفزيونية: لماذا فشل الاعلام المغربي؟ : good read

so upset at me for not wanting white people to n[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]