Mordechai Vanunu, Hero - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
EVERY, and I repeat EVERY Jew on planet Earth, (decreasing every day thanks to the arabs)supports Israels duty to fullfill the biblical prophecies.

Don't Jibba-Jabba me foo!!! :mrt:

Here are some Jews who don't :p

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/index.html

http://www.jewsagainsttheoccupation.org/

http://www.petitiononline.com/JvO1/

http://www.jvao.org/

And plenty of others...but you get the idea...
By GandalfTheGrey
And don't forget Gush-Shalom, one of my favourites:
http://gush-shalom.org/english/index.html

Yes, it is a fact that jews are amongst the most voiciferous campaigners for Palestinian rights. In addition to the many many jewish lobby groups:

1184 Israelis to date have refused to serve in the occupied territories

27 pilots refuse to attack Palestinian targets in the occupied territories

btselem: the Israeli human rights watchdog who keeps the only comprehensive record of Israeli human rights abuses:
http://btselem.org
By Efrem Da King
Jews against zionism ain't jews, the main pillar of jewdaism is zionism, to be truely jewish you have to be zionist, at least in a sense.

[SF note: Why Efrem, Why? Or is this another pointless one-liner with no supporting evidence or even supporting argument? :eh: ]
By CasX
Hollywood Jew wrote:I could care less about the fictional character mordechai vanunu.

Fictional...I think not. he's a very real person, and he's locked up in Israel.

You can't duck the issue.

Or do you simply refuse to accept that the 'humanist' state of Israel locked a guy up in a 3 x 2m cell for 11 years for committing crime of conscience?
By Yeddi
Being jewish simply means that you were born to a Jewish mother.

Then there are Jewish people who are religious and follow judaism, and others that don't.
Zionism was not a religious movement; it was a primarily political. The early Zionists sought to establish a secular state of Israel, recognized by the world, through purely legal means.

URL

As for the true topic of this post, Vanunu, its inhuman what they have done to him. Solitary confinement for 10 year, jeeze, i'd go more insane than ever
By ihavenoname
Of course.... no one has mentioned that there is also a widely held conspiracy theory that his actions were intentional and the event was staged by the Mossad as a way of 'declaring' in the middle-east. He could be sitting nice and cozy right now for all we know. Think about what else was going on at the time.... Iraq, Iran, ....
By CasX
Have you stooped that low? Of course he is real, and he is in prison. He has even been a dopted by a couple in the US, they went to Israel and - after large amounts of campaigning from many people - were finally allowed to briefly visit him in prison.
By ihavenoname
CasX wrote:Have you stooped that low? Of course he is real, and he is in prison. He has even been a dopted by a couple in the US, they went to Israel and - after large amounts of campaigning from many people - were finally allowed to briefly visit him in prison.

No - I'm just pointing out a crazy theory that some people have about it. I dont particularily believe it. I'm suprised no-one brought it up.
By Efrem Da King
NO to be jewish you must follow judaism. Which zionism is probably the MOST MAJOR part of. THat is the proof. ITs a fact, I have studied the religiion greatly and that is a fact.
By CasX
It's not a fact...it's not even correct.

A jew can be:
- An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
- A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
- A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

As far as I can see, the Jews are a race...you don't have to practise Judaism.
By Yeddi
Check out the URL again Efrem, it says quite catagorically that Zionism was mainly a political movement during the 19th century. Where's evidence upholding you're belief that to be "jewish" you must be a "zionist"
By naked_turk
CasX wrote:As far as I can see, the Jews are a race...you don't have to practise Judaism.

That is untrue. European Jews are white, ME Jews look like Arabs. They are multi-racial. Most Israelis today are probably not even descended from the original Hebrews...

My definition of the word "Jew" is one who believes in the Jewish god (ie practises Judaism). And that, has nothing to do with race.
By CasX
That wasn't quite right was it.

You can be Jewish by practising Judaism - which anyone of any race in the world can do. You can also be Jewish if you are of Jewish racial descent, surely? Whether you practise Judaism or not.
By ihavenoname
CasX wrote:That wasn't quite right was it.

You can be Jewish by practising Judaism - which anyone of any race in the world can do. You can also be Jewish if you are of Jewish racial descent, surely? Whether you practise Judaism or not.

It depends on who you ask. In Orthodox Jewry- you are not considered a Jew unless you were born of a Jewish mother. However- the majority of Jews are Reform jews and could care less either way.
By Efrem Da King
Well, I consider myself to be australian first and fore most, the after that jewish. Now you can have people of jewish racial decent but if they don't practice juadaism then you can't say look jewish people think this, cause you can't practice juadism and be against zionism.
Iran is going to attack Israel

Has Iran attacked Israel yet? Just checking in be[…]

Hatred of Jews in not the oldest hatred in the wo[…]

As N.I. Bukharin and E. Preobrazhensky demonstrat[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times mo[…]